A Hidden War - SP - TDM Project

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

hermestrismi

Re: A Hidden War - SP - TDM Project

Post by hermestrismi »

santayana wrote: August 25th, 2022, 12:00 am Thanks and I only posted yesterday so not late at all!

Seems to work now so thanks so much!

(also, really enjoying playing the campaigns in TDM project. can't wait to see how they all join together!)
I am very happy to know that you liked the idea. This campaign is not linked yet to TDM. I mean no hero will be found there (but it is a part of its story) and I already published a prequel to it third chapter (named : The Dark elves: the Return)
ArthurMitchell

Post by ArthurMitchell »

There's a bug with "enchanted" and "aimed" abilities on lvl2+ units. Instead of units having XX% defense against enemy retaliations, it's actually the reverse and enemies always have XX% chance to hit you, so you get punished by having the exact opposite ability of what the description says. Here's a screenshot:
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

ArthurMitchell wrote: September 27th, 2022, 11:57 am There's a bug with "enchanted" and "aimed" abilities on lvl2+ units. Instead of units having XX% defense against enemy retaliations, it's actually the reverse and enemies always have XX% chance to hit you, so you get punished by having the exact opposite ability of what the description says. Here's a screenshot:
Thank you for the report. And, sorry for being late.
It's unbelievable that none saw it before :o
It's fixed now with the new version of 'The Dark Master Project Resources'.
ArthurMitchell

Post by ArthurMitchell »

hermestrismi wrote: November 21st, 2022, 10:41 am Thank you for the report. And, sorry for being late.
Thank you for your continued support!
My best guess is not too many people play the add-on campaigns, to even give feedback.
Personally, I stopped MP last year and have finished all the SP campaigns, so I checked the Add-ons and it opened up tons of new content.
I finished The Dark Elves, The Dark Hordes, An Elvish Scout and Unrest in Elfland campaigns and I enjoyed all of them without major complaints.

If you ever have the time and energy, I would suggest bundling all the Dark Master campaigns into one add-on, if possible in chronological order.

As far as I can tell it goes something like this: 1. A Hidden War I; 2. A Hidden War II; 3. Dark Elves Return (x); 4. A Hidden War III; 5. The Dark Hordes (x); 6. Unrest In Elf Land (x); 7. Return Of Legions; 8. An Elvish Scout; 9. Eternal Kingdom; 10. The Dark Master.
Although I could be wrong, I haven't played them all.
Campaigns marked with (x) don't give you heroes in The Dark Master campaign, but all the others do, which is actually a new idea to me and one reason I think this could eventually be massive a bundle add-on, part of the Future Timeline. I know they all have individual stories, but it would be super cool if they could be connected in one universe and if you play them in order you get a bonus from each campaign for the final one.

If I could re-organize all the campaigns in one big add-on called The Dark Master, they would probably go something like this:
1. Dark Master 1 - A Hidden War (all 3 books)
2. Dark Master 2 - Elves Return
3. Dark Master 3 - The Hordes
4. Dark Master 4 - Return of Legions
5. Dark Master 5 - Forgotten Heroes (Unrest, Scout, Eternal Kingdom)
6. Dark Master 6 - Final Campaign
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

ArthurMitchell wrote: November 21st, 2022, 8:32 pm
hermestrismi wrote: November 21st, 2022, 10:41 am Thank you for the report. And, sorry for being late.
Thank you for your continued support!
My best guess is not too many people play the add-on campaigns, to even give feedback.
Personally, I stopped MP last year and have finished all the SP campaigns, so I checked the Add-ons and it opened up tons of new content.
I finished The Dark Elves, The Dark Hordes, An Elvish Scout and Unrest in Elfland campaigns and I enjoyed all of them without major complaints.

If you ever have the time and energy, I would suggest bundling all the Dark Master campaigns into one add-on, if possible in chronological order.

As far as I can tell it goes something like this: 1. A Hidden War I; 2. A Hidden War II; 3. Dark Elves Return (x); 4. A Hidden War III; 5. The Dark Hordes (x); 6. Unrest In Elf Land (x); 7. Return Of Legions; 8. An Elvish Scout; 9. Eternal Kingdom; 10. The Dark Master.
Although I could be wrong, I haven't played them all.
Campaigns marked with (x) don't give you heroes in The Dark Master campaign, but all the others do, which is actually a new idea to me and one reason I think this could eventually be massive a bundle add-on, part of the Future Timeline. I know they all have individual stories, but it would be super cool if they could be connected in one universe and if you play them in order you get a bonus from each campaign for the final one.

If I could re-organize all the campaigns in one big add-on called The Dark Master, they would probably go something like this:
1. Dark Master 1 - A Hidden War (all 3 books)
2. Dark Master 2 - Elves Return
3. Dark Master 3 - The Hordes
4. Dark Master 4 - Return of Legions
5. Dark Master 5 - Forgotten Heroes (Unrest, Scout, Eternal Kingdom)
6. Dark Master 6 - Final Campaign
You made me happy and smiling, you know? I really enjoyed your comment becoz this was the main idea: a timeline of secretly connected events that leads to the dark master events.
check the timeline here (not finished yet) viewtopic.php?p=673686#p673686
for the other suggestion: unfortunately, this will make the campaign heavy (more than 100Mb) also I wanted to make the 'easter eggs' more hidden and unnoticed ;)
ArthurMitchell

Post by ArthurMitchell »

I'm glad I made your day better, thank you for the positive response!
By the way, there's still a minor problem with the "enchanted" and "aimed" abilities.
It's obvious by their names, they're intended to be offensive abilities and increase your unit's attack %, so you hit more often (like magic and marksman).
However the weapon special text gives the wrong impression, that they're defensive abilities against enemy retaliation, but I assume it's just a typo.
So a simple fix should be enough, like: "When using this attack, this unit always has 90% chance to hit regardless of enemy terrain defense."
This basically means aimed = magic, since both have 70% chance to hit, but it doesn't matter I guess.

hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

ArthurMitchell wrote: November 27th, 2022, 1:52 pm I'm glad I made your day better, thank you for the positive response!
By the way, there's still a minor problem with the "enchanted" and "aimed" abilities.
It's obvious by their names, they're intended to be offensive abilities and increase your unit's attack %, so you hit more often (like magic and marksman).
However the weapon special text gives the wrong impression, that they're defensive abilities against enemy retaliation, but I assume it's just a typo.
So a simple fix should be enough, like: "When using this attack, this unit always has 90% chance to hit regardless of enemy terrain defense."
This basically means aimed = magic, since both have 70% chance to hit, but it doesn't matter I guess.
thank you.
the enchanted and aimed abilities were intended to be only defensive so the problem was within the code. Now, it's fixed by the new version.
Also, The Dark Elves' campaign is now related to The Hidden War and The Hidden War is linked to The Second Strife (my next campaign) so you may re-play the last scenario of THD ;) is
ArthurMitchell

Post by ArthurMitchell »

hermestrismi wrote: November 28th, 2022, 5:23 am thank you.
the enchanted and aimed abilities were intended to be only defensive so the problem was within the code. Now, it's fixed by the new version.
I checked them and now they work as intended, increasing your defense when you get attacked, on enemy's turn.
But initially I thought they were attack abilities due to their names: "aimed" and "enchanted".
Maybe you could change their names to "evasive" (70% def) and "ethereal" (90% def), to make it more intuitive that they're defensive abilities.
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

ArthurMitchell wrote: November 28th, 2022, 3:08 pm
hermestrismi wrote: November 28th, 2022, 5:23 am thank you.
I checked them and now they work as intended, increasing your defense when you get attacked, on enemy's turn.
But initially I thought they were attack abilities due to their names: "aimed" and "enchanted".
Maybe you could change their names to "evasive" (70% def) and "ethereal" (90% def), to make it more intuitive that they're defensive abilities.
Good idea. I will do it as soon as possible (I have too much work).
Thank you for your report
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

Six scenario is too hard enemy killed my ally and i canot save them
Attachments
AHW1-06_The_Capital_zaznam_20221201-221043.gz
(125.42 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Rendy55 wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 10:05 am Six scenario is too hard enemy killed my ally and i canot save them
Hi,
For some reasons, I couldn't replay the saved file that you sent (unknown unit: saurian spearwoman, which is wired bcz I don't have such unit.
Well, the game is not easy but not too hard neither ( especially if you let your allies advance their units from previous scenarios and helped them to keep their powerful ones}
Remember the objective : kill all enemies leaders OR touch the 5 Glyphs
hint: only one glyph is inside the city where the Dunfolk leader stand, the others are around the city.
This is my replay. I played to win almost with no strategy and without much focus on surviving my best units
Attachments
AHW1-06 The Capital replay 20221203-014421.gz
(76.31 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

hermestrismi wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 12:56 am
Rendy55 wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 10:05 am Six scenario is too hard enemy killed my ally and i canot save them
Hi,
For some reasons, I couldn't replay the saved file that you sent (unknown unit: saurian spearwoman, which is wired bcz I don't have such unit.
Well, the game is not easy but not too hard neither ( especially if you let your allies advance their units from previous scenarios and helped them to keep their powerful ones}
Remember the objective : kill all enemies leaders OR touch the 5 Glyphs
hint: only one glyph is inside the city where the Dunfolk leader stand, the others are around the city.
This is my replay. I played to win almost with no strategy and without much focus on surviving my best units
If you still find it hard, I will consider changing some details to make it easier
ArthurMitchell

Post by ArthurMitchell »

hermestrismi wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 12:58 am
If you still find it hard, I will consider changing some details to make it easier
Since I finished this scenario by activating all 5 glyphs, I think there should be a bonus for killing all leaders (it's harder). Also maybe you can move the center glyph more towards the right side of the capital - make it easier to activate all 5 glyphs by running around the top/bottom and entering the back side of the capital. Perhaps mark the locations of the glyphs, so the player knows he can take a more indirect approach to win.
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

ArthurMitchell wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 3:14 am
Since I finished this scenario by activating all 5 glyphs, I think there should be a bonus for killing all leaders (it's harder). Also maybe you can move the center glyph more towards the right side of the capital - make it easier to activate all 5 glyphs by running around the top/bottom and entering the back side of the capital. Perhaps mark the locations of the glyphs, so the player knows he can take a more indirect approach to win.
ArthurMitchell wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 3:14 am
indeed, this is exactly what exist since killing the leaders is not mentioned but if you did it, you get 40 carryover % with bonus (compared to 20# without a bonus if you just activated the glyphs)
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

You also have problem keep them alive and must send them reinforcements in order make them alive.