A New Order

Review and rate user-made single and multiplayer campaigns and scenarios.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

egallager

Re: A New Order

Post by egallager »

Thravalgur wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 7:46 pm 9. Is/are there errors in spelling/grammar?
I played with the French translation : I can help to update some dialogs.
Hi, thanks for the offer to help with translation! Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help you with your dialog updates.
Kylix

Post by Kylix »

szopen wrote: February 19th, 2012, 10:37 pm 1. What version of BfW did you play this campaign/scenario on?
2. What difficulty level did you select to play the campaign on? (easy/normal/hard)
3. How difficult did you find the campaign/scenario? (1-10)
4. How clear did you find the objectives on the campaign/scenario? (1-10)
5. Was there a bug in the campaign/scenario?
6. Which (if any) changes should be made to make the gameplay more fun?
7. Was it too short/long enough?
8. What (if any) changes should be made to make the story more interesting?
9. Is/are there errors in spelling/grammar?
10.Is music distracting/should be changed?
11.Do you think campaign well fits Wesnoth world?

Please include the answers to the following within a

Code: Select all

[spoiler][/spoiler]
tags
12. What story images you think should be added/removed?
13. What were the Lorin's questions to the Oracle?
14. Why Lorin left Gawen in 19a scenario (entering Okladia)
1. 1.16.05
2. Akladian Clansman
3. 7
4. 4
5. I remember in the 2nd scenario that Lady Lorin disappeard if she passed on the guillotine.
6. Some objectives should be compulsory, "Conclusion" revealed, in my case, that I didn't discovered which Akladian lord sent a hitman, who poisoned Gawen's mother and that I didn't save Reme Carrenemoe.
7. It was long enough.
8. Some units should be improved, for example the Akladian Wiseman's evolutionary line, which is completely unbalanced compared to all the other ones (it should be similar to the Mage of Light's evolutionary line). Then, I hated when Ruvio revealed that Karen was executed, along with all the other Freetowners. She was known for always sneaking out, despite her father's objections, why didn't she try to join the party before "Trapped"? Then, the end was very bitter, since Gawen failed to change Akladian hideous and male chauvinist traditions, couldn't do anything to protect Lorin from their warped people and Deorien, who wasn't much better, and lived a miserable life with an unknown princess whom he never loved and never gave him children. At the beginning of the campaign I hoped Gawen and Lorin ended up together (in the beginning she said she was only a bit older than him), later I hoped the same thing for Karen and Gawen, as well as Lorin and Majid. Long story short, I was very disappointed.
9. I think not, but the Italian translation (I don't know about the other languages) should be fixed, sometimes the campaign is bilingual.
10. No.
11. It could if the story didn't mess up.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
12. Add/replace the portraits of Akladian Warrior, Light Infantry, Chieftain, Lord, Sturmknight, Darknite, Wiseman, Holyman, Wonderman, Soul, Old, Novice and Orcish Shamans, Brigand, Outlaw Raider (the latters' sprites are awful), Old Peasant Woman, Karen's sprite, City Militia, Oracle (who, in the campaigns data, is considered male) and Lord Bor Cryne's sprite.
13. She asked about her future, knowing that she'd have married a Hagarthen, become a queen and given him a child, but not necessarily the Hagarthen who was her husband.
14. Because she did something terrible more than a month before, something she can't tell her fellows. Ruvio thinks she's ill since the day before, suspecting she's been poisoned by an Akladian unit. But later, if you're intuitive, you can figure out alone.
Last edited by Kylix on August 17th, 2022, 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
egallager

Post by egallager »

Kylix wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 8:27 pm
szopen wrote: February 19th, 2012, 10:37 pm 1. What version of BfW did you play this campaign/scenario on?
2. What difficulty level did you select to play the campaign on? (easy/normal/hard)
3. How difficult did you find the campaign/scenario? (1-10)
4. How clear did you find the objectives on the campaign/scenario? (1-10)
5. Was there a bug in the campaign/scenario?
6. Which (if any) changes should be made to make the gameplay more fun?
7. Was it too short/long enough?
8. What (if any) changes should be made to make the story more interesting?
9. Is/are there errors in spelling/grammar?
10.Is music distracting/should be changed?
11.Do you think campaign well fits Wesnoth world?

Please include the answers to the following within a

[spoiler][/spoiler]
tags
12. What story images you think should be added/removed?
13. What were the Lorin's questions to the Oracle?
14. Why Lorin left Gawen in 19a scenario (entering Okladia)
1. 1.16.05
2. Akladian Clansman
3. 7
4. 4
5. I remember in the 2nd scenario that Lady Lorin disappeard if she passed on the guillotine.
Hm, this one might actually be a bug with one of my additions; she was just supposed to move aside there when moved onto it, so that the player could see what she's talking about... were all the tiles around it already filled?
6. Some objectives should be compulsory, "Conclusion" revealed, in my case, that I didn't discovered which Akladian lord sent a hitman, who poisoned Gawen's mother and that I didn't save Reme Carrenemoe.
Pretty sure szopen intentionally made it the way it is to encourage replayability
7. It was long enough.
8. Some units should be improved, for example the Akladian Wiseman's evolutionary line, which is completely unbalanced compared to all the other ones (it should be similar to the Mage of Light's evolutionary line). Then, I hated when Ruvio revealed that Karen was executed, along with all the other Freetowners. She was known for always sneaking out, despite her father's objections, why didn't she try to join the party before "Trapped"? Then, the end was very bitter, since Gawen failed to change Akladian hideous and male chauvinist traditions, couldn't do anything to protect Lorin from their warped people and Deorien, who wasn't much better, and lived a miserable life with an unknown princess whom he never loved and never gave him children. At the beginning of the campaign I hoped Gawen and Lorin ended up together (in the beginning she said she was only a bit older than him), later I hoped the same thing for Karen and Gawen, as well as Lorin and Majid. Long story short, I was very disappointed.
Yeah unfortunately saving Karen is one of the things that szopen says shouldn't be changed (at least, not without changing the name of the campaign as well)...
Spoiler:
9. I think not, but the Italian translation (I don't know about the other languages) should be fixed, sometimes the campaign is bilingual.
10. No.
11. It could if the story didn't mess up.
12. Add/replace the portraits of Akladian Warrior, Light Infantry, Chieftain, Lord, Sturmknight, Darknite, Wiseman, Holyman, Wonderman, Soul, Old, Novice and Orcish Shamans, Brigand, Outlaw Raider (the latters' sprites are awful), Old Peasant Woman, Karen's sprite, City Militia and Oracle (who, in the campaigns data, is considered male).
Whoops, looks like you're right about the Oracle; that should be an easy fix. Anyways as for the rest of them, I've put out a call for commissions for some of them, so hopefully the artists I'm commissioning will come back with something good...
Edit: portraits for the Orcish Shamans, Oracle, and female village elder should be coming in this pull request: https://github.com/nemaara/A_New_Order/pull/76
Spoiler:
(the [spoiler][/spoiler] tags go around the actual spoilers btw; I fixed it in my quoting here)
Kylix

Post by Kylix »

As for the portraits, I warn you about that

No portrait
Independant unit uses the portrait of another line
Two or more units of the same branch share a portrait
Portrait available but needs a tweak or could be replaced
  • Akladian Clansman, Warrior and Light Infantry
  • Akladian Fastfoot
  • Akladian Pikeneer
  • Akladian Leader's lineage
  • Akladian Homeguard's lineage
  • Akladian Raider's lineage
  • Akladian Wiseman's lineage
  • Lord Bor Cryne's sprite
  • Brigand's lineage
  • City Militia
  • Oracle
egallager

Post by egallager »

Kylix wrote: October 1st, 2022, 2:22 pm As for the portraits, I warn you about that

No portrait
Independant unit uses the portrait of another line
Two or more units of the same branch share a portrait
Portrait available but needs a tweak or could be replaced
  • Akladian Clansman, Warrior and Light Infantry
  • Akladian Fastfoot
  • Akladian Pikeneer
  • Akladian Leader's lineage
  • Akladian Homeguard's lineage
  • Akladian Raider's lineage
  • Lord Bor Cryne's sprite
  • Brigand's lineage
  • City Militia
  • Oracle
Yeah these are (mostly) noted in the ART_TODO.txt file; I'll have to recheck it...
Edit: here: https://github.com/cooljeanius/A_New_Order/blob/master/ART_TODO.txt
egallager

Post by egallager »

Kylix wrote: October 1st, 2022, 2:22 pm
Pull request to add a portrait for this one is now open: https://github.com/nemaara/A_New_Order/pull/89
egallager

Post by egallager »

• Oracle
This one's correct portrait is now being reflected on u.w.o: https://units.wesnoth.org/1.16/A_New_Order/en_US/Oracle.html
egallager

Post by egallager »

egallager wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 4:45 am
Pull request to add a portrait for this one is now open: https://github.com/nemaara/A_New_Order/pull/89
2 more PRs for this line: