Art request: Rusty Sun Era (RS)

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
IPS

Art request: Rusty Sun Era (RS)

Post by IPS »

Hello there, this topic is about to see if someone shows interested in creating sprites for an upcoming era of mine from me for this early 2023's , more details at forum This forum

But in short, it's an post-apocalyptic era which relates after the events of a fictional nuclear war, in a world full of stepes, junk, scrap and lots of conflicts, various factions fight each other for the terrotory and management of resources (even human too).

Idea will contain only infantry units in its early stages of the project, still, vehicles like jeeps, tanks and more is coming!

The idea is making tanks being units of like lv5 - lv7 (which will cost 7 times to more the price of lv1 units!) making them feel more realistic, being an opitional gameplay but that just being a part of the era. As well there will be a lot of elements, even I have in mind the stats of lv1 , lv2 , lv0 , etc units that in the original post is not yet published because well, if I did the content would be really too much for a simple sight read.

The idea of the era is becoming something really promising, even attempting to be among best add-ons in year 2023's bringing a lot of new freshness, units roles (altought, being intentionally somewhat incompatible with defaultish gameplay, but not impossible!) and unique gameplay!

Hope to see you in soon!
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Amorphous

Re: Art request: Rusty Sun Era (RS)

Post by Amorphous »

Sounds like a cool idea for an era. I think you would have better luck attracting artists if you try drawing the units yourself first!
IPS

Post by IPS »

Yup, that maybe will take a while, still I'm considering about making it a viable project around January-March depending how good luck I get in upcoming events. Will also post in the era's topic some ideas concerning the project to increase the chances someonebody joins.

Also, I'm an highly active user, just check Era of Magic & Ageless forums xD
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
IPS

Post by IPS »

Not much to mention, just some concept/model for the untis of Scrap Botherhood faction.

More info and details in Faction & Development topic of there. More is coming in soon!
Attachments
Rusty Era 1.png
Amorphous

Post by Amorphous »

Great start, keep it up!
IPS

Post by IPS »

Black cells art concept, tomorrow I'm adding Hells Ink concept. Some explanation of unit's gameplay in faction developoment topic.

With these 3 defined factions and most of their most basic units is which what we will be starting in early 2023 with the era.

Polygon Empire gameplay concepts are way too hard maybe, their release and correct balancing will be for even later, also will be working in some of units concepts until I find something viable.
Attachments
The first planned recruitment list for Black Cells, malicious and creepy criogenic humans.
The first planned recruitment list for Black Cells, malicious and creepy criogenic humans.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Hells Inks corp faction art concept done.

Faction which thematic is notably inspired by Hellsing anime , and with assasins that will remmind assasin screed but instead with black hoods.

Oldest and richest of all factions, still very short in numbers so most of their troops are highly trained and only hire field medics as civilians in their armies. This corporation was existing even from 600 years earlier than events of this era, but the raise of black cells and their inminent amenaze made Hells Inks getting a lot more of sells and services, even from very rich and powerful persons, even contacted and hired by militar army for some deals.

They still use in low frequently their old traditional but unfalible silver arbalests, as if even costing more to produce than a pair of blessed guns, they require less upkeep to be maintained, which is a reason why they still produce them for more elite troops.

Lore leaking: it's the same Priest from Scrap Botherhood in one of the lines, meaning all of them serve to Hells Inks but some of them also serve to scrap botherhood armies, ones which aren't trained from hells ink itself but hired as mercenaries from scrap botherhood. This negotation/interaction has a lore.
Attachments
Hells Ink corp, private corporation that excels in killing paranormal amenazes, vampires, werewolf and other amenazes.
Hells Ink corp, private corporation that excels in killing paranormal amenazes, vampires, werewolf and other amenazes.
Amorphous

Post by Amorphous »

Nice! The tall man line looks nice and creepy, and I like the flamethrower guys too. I also enjoy the fact that the holy gunner can level up into a guy with a crossbow haha. If I get a chance after I'm done with school I'll draw a paint-over of some of these guys. Keep them coming!
IPS

Post by IPS »

Actually it's a stand-alone project of mine for now, I'm just adding art concepts.

Also forgot to publish in here the 4th faction teaser, the polygon state.

Mysterous futurisitc faction, which technogically is far superior over the rest, destined to win the Rasty Sun Era and out of their potential forces Scrap Botherhood to centralize into a confederation and then alying with Polygon State to end this war. All good factions exchanges resources and technology for a global aliance. Still, as mentioned in faction & era development topic, it will take several decades of war before this happens.

Most details of Polygon State is already posted in Faction Era developoment topic, where more of its gameplay and lore is already explained.

Also, showing up teaser v2.0 for Scrap Botherhood, which adds a better explanation, but idea is tagging units from eras and tech level tiers, for defaultish gameplay and potentially more to come (more gamemodes than just defaultish gameplay) , which is why there is such thing named Tech level for a lot more content implementation much later !!!
But point is , as this project sucesses, it will be the core of multiple gameplay modes around it.

Prices at this stage is very innacurate, but it also leads to most people to have an idea of the stimated intended costing of each unit.

XP values for promotions is a stuff that will be released much later in v3.0 teasers.
Attachments
Also, teaser v2.0 about Scrap Botherhood.
Also, teaser v2.0 about Scrap Botherhood.
Mysterous futuristc faction, with lasers, excentric flying polygons, shock cubes and unique concept units.
Mysterous futuristc faction, with lasers, excentric flying polygons, shock cubes and unique concept units.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Hello over there, been a while from my previous post. This time I will be posting the v2.0 teaser of all factions in one post.

Only one correction I made to Scrap Botherhood faction is adding a new molotov guy, as theorical analysing concluded that they were the only faction that had no counters for Gattling bot unit.

Tech level stuff is something I decided to create it as era grows for much later, adding advance-wars gameplay and kind of turn-based civlization with buildings, units and more ! and tech level is just an indicator in how difficult is to gain that unit in these kind of alternative gameplays. Irrelevant in the first release with just basic units, but then later will consider adding specialized unit that can counter more correctly vehicles and vehicles itself.

In faction and Era development forum, you can see a more detailed context of the era's goals.

Scrap Botherhood units teaser
Spoiler:
Black Cells units teasers
Most likely adding more units as I get more ideas about them, still their gameplay will be excentric at requiring some units to reheal by making ally or enemy units alike die next to them. They can plague zombies but zombies in RSE will be the most mediocre unit in the whole game and not likely something you want to train at all, and instead using it as cheap cannon fodder to feed your deadbrains.
Spoiler:
Hells Inks units teasers
Faction still some rework and minor balancing adjustments (like I think about decreasing ranged damage from sentinels) and most likely adding more units in the first release as I get any good ideas for them.
Spoiler:
Polygon State unit teasers
Their development is planned to be mufh after the first release containing 2 or 3 of the other factions. I feel like they still have missing units for their files, also their gameplay is significantly the most different from default-like so might require more time to consider.
Spoiler:

Also, Amorphous by even considering our hype with Hells Inks ballestas hype, I even considered about making the faction's flag a black backgrounded flag that inside of it has a silver shield which has a crossbow as logo, meaning that the company's most iconic units will be crossbowmen, as it completely can suit their lore from 1600's times when they were a rich family who built a church and a day their hometown got invaded by lots of paranormal beings like zombies, werewolves and zombies, and Hells Inks house was the only hope for their country erradicating these beasts away.

Even considered about an automated Silver Ballistae unit working as a curious type of vehicle :lol: :mrgreen: , which could have insane pierce ressistance (70% to pierce, 80% to blade, 60% to arcane) but also being completely useless when dealing agianist another vehicles as their purpose is to keep rid/away enemy infantries, specially in high ground places which they will have acceptably good terrain defenses. This type of releases will take for MUCH LONGER, after the core version of only infantry gets into a playable status and then vehicles and specialized anti-vehicle units will get released. But plans coming as we archieve ressults :mrgreen:
IPS

Post by IPS »

Yo, just to let know I haven't forgotten this project, but I realized how to improve more effectively wesnoth multiplayer lobbies over a too different era from default.

Just letting know that somewhen soon will be working in an era project, and will use the concept of a century 1300-1600's version of Hells Inks as a faction and material for a more defaultish faction/era which will be added somewhen later.

So in resume, will start with something much simpler as first project and you will get some news in the upcoming months.

See ya, soon! in case someone posts here most likely will be reading and maybe responding.
Mechanical

Post by Mechanical »

Bro wtf if u want to improve wesnoth mp with something default-like just make some new game mode with default era :eng:
Default-like eras doesn't work in terms of improving wesnoth mp cuz they have same problems with default, but have not such equality/balance/popularity :shock:
Many authors try to do that and as u can see no one solve improving mp problem until 20 years. :roll:
My art thread
If you like my art, try The Great Steppe Era!
Also try my Rage (16+) drakes slasher campaign!
Join the Wesnoth Modders Guild community!