The Revival of Conquest+

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Adama2

The Revival of Conquest+

Post by Adama2 »

Hi all,

Some members of the community, including myself, have recently gotten together in an attempt to revive conquest+ as a game mode. We have been playing matches pretty regularly these days and I wanted to notify anyone who might be interested. We have been working to improve the game mode with QOL improvements while also working on new maps, our first being a quite ambitious hollow earth inspired map.

We have started a conquest discord and anyone interested is welcome to join. The goal is to get a couple of regularly scheduled game times going as we collect more people.

For those of you who may not know much about the game mode, it is essentially like risk but a bit more developed with extra mechanics in a Wesnoth setting. It used to be very popular back in the day, and we hope to see it that way again.

Feel free to join us: https://discord.gg/TUDEHgfE

Also this is my first post on the forum, but I have been playing a long time. I hope it does not dissuade. I apologize if a discord link breaks the rules, I can remove it if necessary for PMs instead.
revolting_peasant

Re: The Revival of Conquest+

Post by revolting_peasant »

conquest+ as a game mode.
Perhaps you could remind us less-experienced users what "Conquest+" was?
Gwledig

Re: The Revival of Conquest+

Post by Gwledig »

Have joined the Discord Adama thanks for the invite!
For revolting_peasant, the original conq+ stuff is here viewtopic.php?t=31975 I revived Conquest which dates from about 2008 maybe, from the original version as a re-written code ('Conquest original version' mod) so it worked on modern Wesnoth, I also made conq+ (extra races and features) and conq+ space (lots of ranged combat and some space maps), Ive not had much time for conq recent years, but it looks like there is some renewed interest which is great.
Conquest is based on RISK boardgame there's a few versions of it on wesnoth, not to be confused with the World Conquest mod.
Maintainer of Conquest (Original Gameplay), Conquest+, Conquest+ Space/Ranged, Chaoz Battle of the Wizards, Lazersquad (squad game), WesCraft (building MP game)