Wesnoth's Unit Database

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

lea

Re: Wesnoth's Unit Database

Post by lea »

Altera (newer development branch of "Altered era/ruleset") is missing from 1.16 unit database while it is still present in 1.14 unit database - is it by design?
if so then please include Altera instead as it is newer
author of: Altered Era/Ruleset (AKA "Altera"), latest version is on add-ons servers for BfW 1.16 and 1.14, latest version also still supports BfW 1.12 and 1.10, 1.10 server is stuck with older buggy version)
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

lea wrote: October 25th, 2022, 6:42 am Altera (newer development branch of "Altered era/ruleset") is missing from 1.16 unit database while it is still present in 1.14 unit database - is it by design?
given the last update was 5 days ago, maybe another addon choked the site to death again.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
lea

Post by lea »

both 1.14 and 1.16 units database show Lamia Viper line incorrectly for both "Altera" and "Altered era/ruleset" - double-checked just now that Haspid and Scylla are advancements of Conda, not Viper

maybe it chokes on my add-on?
author of: Altered Era/Ruleset (AKA "Altera"), latest version is on add-ons servers for BfW 1.16 and 1.14, latest version also still supports BfW 1.12 and 1.10, 1.10 server is stuck with older buggy version)
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

lea wrote: October 25th, 2022, 7:10 am both 1.14 and 1.16 units database show Lamia Viper line incorrectly for both "Altera" and "Altered era/ruleset" - double-checked just now that Haspid and Scylla are advancements of Conda, not Viper

maybe it chokes on my add-on?
I don't think so. Last time it died due to that abominable TDM addon choking it I just gave on it entirely since it's hardly showing anything relevant for my addons. The in-game help is always better.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
lea

Post by lea »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: October 25th, 2022, 7:38 am... ... ... it's hardly showing anything relevant for my addons. The in-game help is always better.
it is still pretty useful to see "the big picture" - just an hour ago found missing advancement path from Saur Colwing to Saur Icheumon in my era, by looking through units database
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: October 25th, 2022, 6:51 am
lea wrote: October 25th, 2022, 6:42 am Altera (newer development branch of "Altered era/ruleset") is missing from 1.16 unit database while it is still present in 1.14 unit database - is it by design?
given the last update was 5 days ago, maybe another addon choked the site to death again.
It normally updates every 7 days. Patience my friend. : ) The normal update night is Thursday IIRC.
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

You can click on Build Report to see an overview. Addons with parse errors couldn't be processed.

https://units.wesnoth.org/1.16/Altera/error.html
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

The Build Report is invaluable for debugging. It catches many things that the error log misses.
lea

Post by lea »

Soliton wrote: October 28th, 2022, 5:04 pmYou can click on Build Report to see an overview. Addons with parse errors couldn't be processed.

https://units.wesnoth.org/1.16/Altera/error.html
it says that "Macro/file '~add-ons/Altera/units/boggarts/slayers' is missing" while it is present and I could not find any typos in respective include directive...

regardless thanks for the pointer to build report
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

The Altera addon has no slayers dir under units/boggarts. The only existing dirs are collectors, commoners and occupiers. Perhaps you're looking at a different version then what was uploaded.

If you're talking about 1.14 then you also need to look at 1.14 on units.wesnoth.org.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott