Descent into Darkness

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ender24

Re: Descent into Darkness

Post by Ender24 »

So I just finished this campaign today and wow, it really abuses that one generic image of two shadowy figures (implictly Keshar and Volk) walking through mountains. Idk if the art team is aware of this issue but this campaign needs more art between scenarios. The existing art also needs to be blown up to fit a 16:9 screen because right now it's just this awkward tiny square in the middle. I could understand it not being made for widescreen and thus not filling the whole screen horizontally, but it doesn't fill the screen vertically either. Idk, maybe I just have my graphics settings adjusted wrong (they're set to the defaults, AFAIK).

Oh and the campaign doesn't have an ending it just sorta stops with the endlessly looping final scenario. I understand the philosophy behind it but I think there needs to be some way to get some sort of closure. A game never feels finished until the credits roll, and we don't get that here, so it feels unfinished.

I hope I'm not repeating known issues here. Just trying to help.
pipapopinguin

Post by pipapopinguin »

Ender24 wrote: July 19th, 2022, 4:56 am
Oh and the campaign doesn't have an ending it just sorta stops with the endlessly looping final scenario. I understand the philosophy behind it but I think there needs to be some way to get some sort of closure. A game never feels finished until the credits roll, and we don't get that here, so it feels unfinished.

If I'm not mistaken the scenraio does have an ending. I think you need to defeat them one after another and after like 3 times a last opponent tries to deafeat that lich. In that scenario you get the option either to let him take the book, kill you or just defeating him, all of which, according to the objectives, are counted as a victory.
Author of Corpse Mod 2, Breeze-Mod,Reflections and don't click here.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

pipapopinguin wrote: July 19th, 2022, 9:19 am
Ender24 wrote: July 19th, 2022, 4:56 am

If I'm not mistaken the scenraio does have an ending. I think you need to defeat them one after another and after like 3 times a last opponent tries to deafeat that lich. In that scenario you get the option either to let him take the book, kill you or just defeating him, all of which, according to the objectives, are counted as a victory.
You are correct. The campaign has 3 known endings. You have to do a condition in the 4th or 5th instance of the final scenario to achieve it.
Spoiler:
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Ender24

Post by Ender24 »

How would an enemy take the book? It's not an actual object in that scenario.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Ender24 wrote: July 19th, 2022, 3:18 pm How would an enemy take the book? It's not an actual object in that scenario.
That's the easy part. Just lure an enemy to attack any unit of yours from the coordinates of the hex.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Ender24 wrote: July 19th, 2022, 3:18 pm How would an enemy take the book? It's not an actual object in that scenario.
If it's not on the map of the scenario, you haven't played it enough times yet.
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

I have come back to this campaign when i have clued that it been updated .
Great update i have enjoy it lot.played on hard
Btw amla for mal keshar which lose 5 hp but drain 2 from nearby enemies is pretty useless most of times enemies aren't around him or he kill them and doesn't drain anything.
Here is replay from
Endlessnight 10
Attachments
Endlessnight_10_replay.gz
(64.8 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

Why mal keshar don't get 3hp when he reach amla?