Den of Thieves 2.0 (tactical stealth mod)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dwarftough

Re: Den of Thieves 2.0 (tactical stealth mod)

Post by dwarftough »

vghetto wrote: February 2nd, 2021, 11:04 am What did it advance to?
It showed usual options, Impaler and Rouser
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Ok, got it. It's a bug.
Should've been [+unit][+modifications]
Bob_The_Mighty

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

Thanks for the feedback. All the issues reported here (and a bunch of other things) are fixed in the latest version. Version 2.1 is on the add-ons server now!
My current projects:
MP pirate campaign: The Altaz Mariners
RPG sequel: Return to Trent
MP stealth campaign: Den of Thieves
Bob_The_Mighty

Re: Den of Thieves (new MP stealth campaign system)

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

gfgtdf wrote: June 10th, 2020, 6:51 pm
Bob_The_Mighty wrote: May 25th, 2020, 6:32 pm Thanks for looking at this, gfgtdf. I suppose I can live it how it works at the moment. In a 2p game it asks you to assign side 3 at the first scenario transition. If you assign it to an active player it stops asking on subsequent transitions (although that means chat comes out green instead of red). If there is a solution in 1.15.3 I would like to adopt that when it becomes stable.
another 1.14 solution i just thought of: if you use [campaign] & [scenario] instead of [multiplayer] you can have a 2p and a 3p [campaign], use differnt `define` in the two campaigns, and then write something like `#ifdef DOT_2P controller = empty` in you scenarios
Hey, gfgtdf - you mentioned this solution earlier in the thread. This could help to us solve the bug that prompts a controller for side 3 in a 2p game - and incorporate the 1p fork in the same add-on. But would using #ifdef work the same in multiplayer and singleplayer modes?

Also, while I've got your attention, I also noticed another problem about rightclick menu options (in 1.14.11). This was something you mentioned earlier in the thread. If a player is looking at a rightclick option menu while a non-active player rightclicks (even to do something standard like removing labels or renaming a unit) it causes the focus of the menu event to change, meaning $x1,$y1 is no longer at the hex the active player righclicked on. This results in OOS errors.
My current projects:
MP pirate campaign: The Altaz Mariners
RPG sequel: Return to Trent
MP stealth campaign: Den of Thieves
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

All apply_to=new_advancement effects need a filter so the unit won't revert back to the original type after amla.

Example for Titch, otherwise it will advance back to level 1 Wolf Rider after advancing from level 3:

Code: Select all

[object]
        silent=yes
        duration=forever
        [effect]
            [filter]
                type=Goblin Spearman
            [/filter]
                apply_to=new_advancement
                replace=no
                types="Wolf Rider"
        [/effect]
        [effect]
                apply_to=remove_advancement
                types=Goblin Impaler,Goblin Rouser              
        [/effect]
[/object]

Code: Select all

./scenarios/2p_start.cfg:                                       apply_to=new_advancement
./scenarios/3p_start.cfg:                                       apply_to=new_advancement
./scenarios/1p_start.cfg:                                       apply_to=new_advancement
./scenarios/den.cfg:                            apply_to=new_advancement
./macros/placing_units.cfg:                                                             apply_to=new_advancement
Edit: I could be wrong about this. Now I'm just confused :/
demario

Post by demario »

Hi Bob_The_Mighty, thanks for porting the add-on to BFW 1.16.
It appears that the mission maps are all starting at dawn regardless of when it is entered on world map.

To refresh your memory it seems to be set through [replace_schedule] with current_time set to time_slot=3 when the map should be entered at dusk.
I believe this is an engine problem as old Den of Thieves saves are also replaying wrong: saves that started at dusk on 1.14 (and show like this when replayed on 1.14), start at dawn when replayed on 1.16, leading to OOS.