i got problem when i download a campaign

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
hard_to_make_name

i got problem when i download a campaign

Post by hard_to_make_name »

this is a new player from china. when i try to get a campaign which size is
40M+ from add-ons,the download speed is about 10k/s,and the download usually break off.
so I'm wondering if there is a local mirror, or an offline install to install these campaigns.
or if there are some ways to Improve my download speed
gnombat

Re: i got problem when i download a campaign

Post by gnombat »

You could try downloading the add-on using your web browser, from here:

https://addons.wesnoth.org/

I don't know if it will actually be any faster, but if you download the add-on with a web browser, and your download is interrupted, it should be possible to resume the download from the point where it was interrupted (rather than having to download the entire add-on from the beginning).

For example, I tried downloading a 20 megabyte add-on in Firefox but disconnected my internet connection after 15 megabytes.

failed.png

After re-connecting to the internet, I clicked the "Retry" button.

retry.png

The browser needed to download only the remaining 5 megabytes to complete the download.
hard_to_make_name

Post by hard_to_make_name »

gnombat wrote: September 21st, 2022, 4:56 am You could try downloading the add-on using your web browser, from here:

https://addons.wesnoth.org/

I don't know if it will actually be any faster, but if you download the add-on with a web browser, and your download is interrupted, it should be possible to resume the download from the point where it was interrupted (rather than having to download the entire add-on from the beginning).

For example, I tried downloading a 20 megabyte add-on in Firefox but disconnected my internet connection after 15 megabytes.

failed.png

After re-connecting to the internet, I clicked the "Retry" button.

retry.png

The browser needed to download only the remaining 5 megabytes to complete the download.
and then?how to load it into the game
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

After downloading an add-on, you will need to unpack it into your add-ons folder. You can find the location of your add-ons folder by running the game and clicking the little "i" button in the bottom left corner.

You will also need a tool that can unpack the .tar.bz2 format used for add-on files. If you're running Windows, 7-Zip works well.