[Sanguine Tale] Mushroom Forest is too hard

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Starg4z3r

[Sanguine Tale] Mushroom Forest is too hard

Post by Starg4z3r »

So, I've been following the farmer and I end up in this fkin mushroom forest, surrounded by mushroom wose. I'm supposed to survive 20 turns but just how? These guys take almost no damage from anything and there's a ton of them, I'm usually dead by the 7th turn. Can anyone share some tip on how to win this scenario?
EarthCake

Re: [Sanguine Tale] Mushroom Forest is too hard

Post by EarthCake »

Could you attach the savefile, so we can try with the same recalls / starting gold as you?
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

I still have the PBL file for this after porting it, if it's too hard, I can nerf the difficulty.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Starg4z3r

Post by Starg4z3r »

Sure, lemmesee... never attached anything so tell me if it works or not.
AniL-Mushroom Forest Turn 1.gz
ANIL save file
(72 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
I don't think I went that badly? Main issue here is that trolls and riflemen are super ineffective against the trees, and the only useful unit can not be produced (griffins). This makes surviving quite hard, and the siege makes it quite hard to kill even one ruler. I'm really out of ideas on this one... ah, I'm playing on Brave difficulty iirc.
Starg4z3r

Post by Starg4z3r »

Might be worth noticing that I've just managed to beat the scenario... but even so I think it might be a bit unfair since it heavily relies on veteran troops and the only ones useful in this situations are those with slashing damage (which you can only obtain in a fixed number and not produce autonomously, unless you count bats).