You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

This is the place for forum games, not discussing games (Off-Topic), games development (Games Development), or Wesnoth (all other forums above).

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

1321: you started as a player and then transitioned to UMC author and then became dev in 11 years.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Stereo

Post by Stereo »

1322: you say Alas, Curses and describe a situation using game terms.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

1323: When describing the best way to kill a moth is by using your hands since it has a 90% CTH.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Atreides wrote: February 1st, 2022, 11:59 pm 1323: When describing the best way to kill a moth is by using your hands since it has a 90% CTH.
A decent number of flying units (living ones at least) in wesnoth are weak to impact too
RoonieW

Post by RoonieW »

When at work your supervisor asks for that report and your reply is "IIRWIIR" xD
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

when you created some campaigns for 1.12 and pass a year playing them and then -when you want to upload them- you discover that the server was closed because 1.14 is outdated for the new 1.16 hhhhhhh
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

1326: When you load up the menu screen and still expect the original menu music from years and years ago (man I feel old)
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
Gweddeoran

Post by Gweddeoran »

When you recognize so many people on the forums and get nostalgic about reading random forum posts they made several years ago.
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Post by max_torch »

1328: When you are willing to go back 4-5 scenarios back or to the start of a campaign even though you are in the middle because your gold carryover and recall list is all wrong.
Ashmyr

Post by Ashmyr »

1329: When you get so infuriated by a campaign breaking on you that you decide to go back through the files and fix all the code yourself so it'll work properly
Novice campaign creator.
Developer of "Dwarvish Kingdom" for 1.14.x; intermediate Dwarvish campaign. Any and all constructive feedback, is greatly appreciated! If you have played it, please DM me :)
More campaigns to come soon :)
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Ashmyr wrote: October 31st, 2022, 3:12 am 1329: When you get so infuriated by a campaign breaking on you that you decide to go back through the files and fix all the code yourself so it'll work properly
Hehe, I dunno about that... I'd only been playing Wesnoth a very short while before I started tinkering with broken stuff myself.

Of course "too long" can also be interpreted as too much at one time. ; )