Era request

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Luxian02

Era request

Post by Luxian02 »

Hi! im pretty new to the forum, though i've been playing for a long time since wesnoth was my first ever game when i was extremely little (im 20 now), i have tried to make a new Era recently and i have been following the guide but i really seem to be negated with programming unfortunately...
So i was wondering if any of you could actually make it for me! Since it does not include any new element it SHOULD be easy to do.
what i was thinking was a set of 6 Eras (dont worry, its simple xD): L1 leaders, L1 leaders+stuff, L2 leaders, L2 leaders+stuff, L3 leaders, L3 leaders+stuff
i know you're probably thinking this already exist, so let me elaborate
When i say leaders i mean every unit, EVERY SINGLE ONE, including: boats, monsters, quenoth, unique characters (Konrad, L'isar, Kalenz, Kaleh, Haldric, the shaman orcs, etc.) EVERYTHING.
Now, what do i mean by "+Stuff"? Basically even more unbalanced things that are for fun, like: Inferno drakes evolving into Armagheddon drakes, orcish slayer evolving into orcish nightblade, Dune blademaster evolving into Dune Paragon etc.

This is the basic premise, this would be a really fun era for me to just fool around with in maps or in the colosseum trying out units just for the fun of it
also since i play often with a friend he would probably really like this too, so if someone thinks something like this is possible, please let me know! If it is i'll go more in detail regarding the changes, thank you!
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Re: Era request

Post by Atreides »

Luxian02 wrote: August 15th, 2022, 7:30 pm This is the basic premise, this would be a really fun era for me to just fool around with in maps or in the colosseum trying out units just for the fun of it
If you want to try out all units just use :debug to go into that mode and then Create any units you want to have fight. Switch the sides of the second and there you go.

Another suggestion is to download Custom campaign add-on which lets you create all these 6 eras without doing any programming.
Luxian02

Re: Era request

Post by Luxian02 »

I did try both methods but the facts is, you cannot summon specific characters if you are not in a specific campaign.
What i mean is: if you are in "The heir to the throne" and try to summon more Konrads in debug mode, you can, but if you are in "The south guard" and try and do the same, you cant. Those caracters are linked with those campaign and it seems they cant be summoned elsewere.
Besides, i havent found a way to customize advancements wiht either method, so im still stuck.....