Imperial Era Campaigns

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

UnwiseOwl

Re: Imperial Era Campaigns

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Kruggov wrote: March 7th, 2022, 3:12 pm Will you port more campaigns to 1.16? So far the only IE campaigns on it are Up from Slavery and Tale of Vaniyera - particularly weird since Alfheim the Wise and Gali's Contract were on 1.15, but didn't get ported to 1.16.
If you're interested in me doing so, I will. It takes an investment of time for me to port an old campaign, and both Gali and Alfhelm are long campaigns with a lot of issues that I am reluctant to port unless there's interest in them.
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Atreides wrote: March 7th, 2022, 3:49 pm I _think_ that the recruitment pattern can cause this which is why I've deleted it from all the eras I ported.
That is absolutely the issue! The fighter's usage line was blank so I doubt the AI knows about it. Looking at this I reckon it recruits way too many Furies and not enough Raindancers, either. I've fixed that and pushed an update to the 1.16 addons server.
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

UnwiseOwl wrote: March 9th, 2022, 4:49 am
Atreides wrote: March 7th, 2022, 3:49 pm I _think_ that the recruitment pattern can cause this which is why I've deleted it from all the eras I ported.
The fighter's usage line was blank so I doubt the AI knows about it.
From tests I've done the pattern has a major influence. AFAIK there is no default fallback for a blank usage so I imagine that indeed the unit would be ignored. I did find in one old era a pattern with medic in it while the era only had units with the healer usage. They were not being recruited.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Typo in Just in Time (ToV)
at the end faolan says
"bring our case before with"
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Thanks Atreides. I've made that fix in my local version and will push it along with a couple of other balance changes some time soon.