Default Magical Noob Era, with zombie survival faction and dismount mod!

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Magical_Noob

Re: Default Magical Noob Era, with zombie survival faction and dismount mod!

Post by Magical_Noob »

Atreides wrote: August 5th, 2022, 3:32 pm
Magical_Noob wrote: August 5th, 2022, 1:21 pm @Atreides I see, I guess I will have to balance them a bit more, perhaps reduce the starting gold and also nerf the lord a bit. How do you feel about their attacks/strike/overall damage? and from your play experience is every 10 turns enough time for you to get your troops prepared for the stronger zombie waves?

As always, thank you for your feedbacks.
Actually the starting gold is not really a problem. The only thing was that it over rides the players selection. Suggestion: Perhaps disable allowing the player to alter starting gold for the zombai so that no one thinks they have any control over it. I suppose it should also be set at 500 to disclose what it is.

As for their combat I did mention the flyer seems very cheap for its abilities. But it seems just right in terms of attack power.

Haha, so they get more every 10 turns? A 500 gp refill? In the random game I'd started (haven't gotten back around to it yet) I noticed that something was going on. Oh stronger waves... so maybe more than 500 gp refill. Oh my. : )

I'll have to play the saved game more to know how it goes, the 3 player sides have actually pushed the zombai into their corner when I'd saved it but as I said I noticed that there seemed to be masses of fresh zombies coming so I can't say whether we'll advance or have to retreat!

Actually I think I'll load it up now and play on, it was quite entertaining.
Addendum: I gave up on that one, I messed it up and also the dwarves have no way to fight the zombie flyers (only arcane/fire are effective) and that was my random faction.
I started another one though and won it. Allied with 2 AI vs Zombai, 800 gp and +18 income for all 3. Used some custom Age of Heroes factions (thanks to Custom Campaign you can import any faction(s)) which had good zombie fighting ability. Yeah, I stacked that in my favour. Now that I've won I don't mind playing more of a challenge and will try some out.

I did see some Brawlers recruited now. Cool sprite! Looks like they tend to get recruited only in the second wave at turn 10 or something. Also spotted a Devourer. Also some Mutants, but not sure yet what they are.

The dismount mod is now showing up too, will try to try it out soon. I think Wesnoth has a problem displaying more than a fixed number of mods and I seem to be at the limit of one page full... Dismount showed up after I uninstalled another mod.
Yeah, currently every 10 turns they unlock new recruitable units stronger than the ones previously available, and a boost in their gold (the amount further increases after each wave). But it seems like the other zombies are not getting any screen time. I will perhaps reduce the time until next wave to turn 7, turn 14, etc, rather than increment of 10s, or else the players may never get to see some of the more powerful zombies being unlocked. With shorter waves, I will probably cut down on the gold they get too. I will also try and cut down on the extra castle space the zombie faction gets at the start, so it wouldn't overwhelm the players.