Soldier of Wesnoth: SP Campaign (Feedback and Reviews)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Soldier of Wesnoth: SP Campaign (Feedback and Reviews)

Post by Konrad2 »

Velve wrote: September 15th, 2020, 4:31 am :doh: Hi.
Question about completing the campaign. Passed the Law and Darkness mission. Everything ended well. Necromancer gorged, harsh man megya praised. I watched the video of traveling on the map and read the text. a tracking mission is being loaded... and there is no one else there except the main character. He says a phrase like "Yes, it will be a long battle..." and the script begins. At the top there is an inscription-see the screenshot.

version 4.0.1 android. Russian.

what I did: reinstalled the addon. passed "Law and Darkness". not help. Tell me what to do. I really want to go through the entire campaign.

PS. sorry for my English.
I probably can't help you, all I can recommend is reloading a save from the last scenario to try again. D:
Velve

Post by Velve »

Konrad2 wrote: September 15th, 2020, 7:32 pm
Velve wrote: September 15th, 2020, 4:31 am :doh: Hi.
Question about completing the campaign. Passed the Law and Darkness mission. Everything ended well. Necromancer gorged, harsh man megya praised. I watched the video of traveling on the map and read the text. a tracking mission is being loaded... and there is no one else there except the main character. He says a phrase like "Yes, it will be a long battle..." and the script begins. At the top there is an inscription-see the screenshot.

version 4.0.1 android. Russian.

what I did: reinstalled the addon. passed "Law and Darkness". not help. Tell me what to do. I really want to go through the entire campaign.

PS. sorry for my English.
I probably can't help you, all I can recommend is reloading a save from the last scenario to try again. D:
unfortunately, this doesn't help. :- (
I'll go through some other campaign then...
With respect, Boris
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Hey Soldier of Wesnoth thread! Long time no see! ^_^

I finally got to do the (long overdue) polishing of this campaign, but before we go to the changelog, big thanks to Profyver for going through the work of maintaining and porting this campaign to 1.14 while I was away. Sadly he/she hasn't logged in for a long while, but I really hope to hear again sometime ^_^

Now, on to version 4.0.2!
I mostly worked on the bugs mentioned in earlier posts, but also added a few new bits (such as a special ability for Reana, Merina and Sallyra); I also did a little re-working on a bunch on dialogues and intro bits. I've a policy of not really re-writing a story I've already finished, but I kinda had to remove some of more cheesy dialogues ^^''
Also, I changed Khalifate to Dunefolk (standard 1.14 Dunefolk, mind you; 1.15 apparently has different unit types, but I haven't played it yet).
Enjoy!

Code: Select all

Version 4.0.2
- Scenarios
	- Damsel in Distress: Addraryn being at least lvl 1 is now a victory condition; scenario name changed to 'The Ballad of the Peasant'
	- Sands of Time: slight changes to map; some changes to dialogue
	- The Beast of the Aethenwood: Addraryn gains leadership ability
	- Another Damsel in Distress: changed scenario name to 'The Ballad of the Rogue Princess'
	- Legends of the Old Days: Gorlac now has the correct unit type
	- The Lion and the Dragon: changed scenario name to 'The Lion and the Wyvern'; removed rain effect; removed Eärenia, Devan and Elensefar as allies; changes to Gorlac's recruit list, plus he's no longer player-controlled
	- In the Name of Justice: Sallyra now participates of the battle; if Alphinor is alive when victory is achieved, he gets a special death scene

- Scenarios (general)
	- Some changes to dialogue/intros
	- Minor changes to some maps

- Units:
	- Updated old Kalifate to Dunefolk
	- Added 'sisters' bond' ability to Reana, Sallyra and Merina, making them stronger when standing next to each other
	- Reana's protection ability no longer has repeated descriptions
	- Slightly reduced the Oreyand sword's attack

- Miscelanea:
	- Bug which prevented golden laurel to appear over the campaign's icon once it's completed on Hard should be corrected

- Music
	- Removed 'Tide of Battle' from tracklist
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Konrad2 wrote: August 17th, 2019, 7:36 pm
Did you perhaps also adress everything in this post without mentioning each thing specifically in the changelog? D:

While I'm at it, none of your other add-ons link their threads.

You might also want to remove the '(maintainer Profyver)'.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Konrad2 wrote: March 1st, 2021, 8:19 pm
Konrad2 wrote: August 17th, 2019, 7:36 pm
Did you perhaps also adress everything in this post without mentioning each thing specifically in the changelog? D:

While I'm at it, none of your other add-ons link their threads.

You might also want to remove the '(maintainer Profyver)'.
I might have missed one thing or two, but I did check the bugs mentioned in this thread ^_^

Yep, I need to update the pbl file, haven't changed those in years...

I thought it'd be a nice nod to the fact he kept this campaign on for so long while I was away, but I see how it might mislead people into thinking he's still maintaining it ^^''
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

revansurik wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 12:37 am I thought it'd be a nice nod to the fact he kept this campaign on for so long while I was away, but I see how it might mislead people into thinking he's still maintaining it ^^''
You can always add him as a co-author/contributor. :) (And preferably fix the typo in his name. xD)
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

I get a WML error in the "Beast of Aethenwood" campaign right at turn one. Apparently there's an error trying to unstore Ceomyr, he never appears on the map.

edit: it seems that event where Ceomyr runs away in the previous scenario never fires... is it because my first sight of elvish spirits is when they came to me, rather than when I went to them?

edit2: I figured it out. The elvish warrior spirits are not considered to be race=elvish_spirits for some reason, they are none or miscellanous.

edit3: I changed the previous scenario to have side=2 instead of race=elvish_spirits in the Ceomyr event, it works now. not sure why the elvish spirits don't have a race tag properly working.
A witty saying proves nothing.
-Voltaire
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

In "Strength of the Union", Devan is able to recruit Dunefolk units. The reason is that you use the LIMIT_CONTEMPORANEOUS_RECRUITS macro but incorrectly specify it as side 2 (Devan) rather than side 3 (Army of the Dunefolk).
A witty saying proves nothing.
-Voltaire
Selenium

Post by Selenium »

The elven ghosts aren't properly listed as belonging to any race, so in scenario 16 Ceomyr never sees a unit belonging to the "Elven Spirit" race, the event to have him flee never fires, and he's absent from future scenarios.
Ares2604

Post by Ares2604 »

I'm having trouble in where the Ceomyr doesn't disappear in Ghosts of the Ancients, and I've tried going into the code but I haven't found a way to trigger the event. Is there a way to fix this?
MTF_alfa_158

Post by MTF_alfa_158 »

On the beast of aethenwood,ceomyr doesn't exist. Actually,he remained with me until end of the cave scenario,so when he wasen't with me on the following scenario i was like ?????? What happened,i don't understand,he's not on the map nor are any other troops on his side,not even a fort even though it says we should protect him and his camp. On the cave scenario i waited until end of turns and nothing,i though he was going to run away but nothing happened. Is it the version? 1.14.17. invalid AML,ceomyr does not exist ._.
MTF_alfa_158

Post by MTF_alfa_158 »

Guess i will never know the ending,lame...don't want this to happen again so yeah won't play campaings from this author
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

MTF_alfa_158 wrote: May 16th, 2023, 4:48 am On the beast of aethenwood,ceomyr doesn't exist. Actually,he remained with me until end of the cave scenario,so when he wasen't with me on the following scenario i was like ?????? What happened,i don't understand,he's not on the map nor are any other troops on his side,not even a fort even though it says we should protect him and his camp. On the cave scenario i waited until end of turns and nothing,i though he was going to run away but nothing happened. Is it the version? 1.14.17. invalid AML,ceomyr does not exist ._.

Add this file to ~\Wesnoth1.14\data\add-ons\Soldier_of_Wesnoth\units
The bug happens because the event is triggered by the enemy being a specific race, but without that race the enemy units are not part of any race.
Replay the cave scenario from the scenario start file.
Attachments
elvish_spirits.cfg
(185 Bytes) Downloaded 28 times