Translators wanted for my add-ons

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

egallager

Translators wanted for my add-ons

Post by egallager »

Hi there, I've tried asking for translation help in the Scenario & Campaign Development forum, but I haven't gotten any takers there yet, so I figured I'd try crossposting here as well (hopefully that's okay). Here's my list of things I'd like help with:
  • Updated translations for ANO; see this bug on GitHub: https://github.com/nemaara/A_New_Order/issues/10
  • Updated translations for my forked campaigns from mainline: SotBEEE (potfile) and AToTBWaTD (potfile). These should be relatively easy since their mainline translations are already there, and I only added a few new translatable strings to each of them.
  • Translations to more languages for ALA (potfile) besides just Italian (which is all it currently has)
  • Initial translations for TEG (potfile), which I only recently just made translatable.
Please let me know if you are able to help! Thanks!
(Also, if you can't download the potfiles from GitHub, I've also uploaded them to their respective forum threads, if you'd rather check there)
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Re: Translators wanted for my add-ons

Post by Atreides »

Hi, I checked out the atotbwatd potfile and it appears that it does not have any parts already translated from the mainline.
egallager

Post by egallager »

Atreides wrote: July 6th, 2021, 5:20 pm Hi, I checked out the atotbwatd potfile and it appears that it does not have any parts already translated from the mainline.
You might have to use msgmerge to merge the potfile with the individual pofile for your language... which language would you be translating for?
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

egallager wrote: July 6th, 2021, 7:51 pm
Atreides wrote: July 6th, 2021, 5:20 pm Hi, I checked out the atotbwatd potfile and it appears that it does not have any parts already translated from the mainline.
You might have to use msgmerge to merge the potfile with the individual pofile for your language... which language would you be translating for?
German. I'm not really familiar with msgmerge, I've only heard it referred to. Perhaps poedit has such a function too.
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

With Poedit, first open the de.po file, which should show all the existing translations for mainline. Then in the "Übersetzung" menu, choose "Aus POT-Datei aktualisieren" and select the tbw.pot file. Scroll down and you should see the already-translated lines, but Poedit likes to show the untranslated stuff first.

Edit: in English, that's the "Translation", "Update from POT-File" option.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

octalot wrote: July 6th, 2021, 11:34 pm With Poedit, first open the de.po file, which should show all the existing translations for mainline. Then in the "Übersetzung" menu, choose "Aus POT-Datei aktualisieren" and select the tbw.pot file. Scroll down and you should see the already-translated lines, but Poedit likes to show the untranslated stuff first.

Edit: in English, that's the "Translation", "Update from POT-File" option.
Thanks, yes that works like a charm. I didn't realize all the files I needed were already in the addon.
Medusa117

Post by Medusa117 »

I really want to help to Translate but i dont know how to do it so i have no Experience in it. And i can only translate from English to German so no Italian but also i dont know how i shoud start it. Also i wanna learn it but nobody got time for that xD
Hier könnte Ihre Werbung stehen.
egallager

Post by egallager »

Adding Flight to Freedom (potfile) to this thread:
Flight_Freedom.pot.gz
potfile for Flight to Freedom
(58.12 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
Medusa117 wrote: July 21st, 2021, 4:54 pm I really want to help to Translate but i dont know how to do it so i have no Experience in it. And i can only translate from English to German so no Italian but also i dont know how i shoud start it. Also i wanna learn it but nobody got time for that xD
Wesnoth uses gettext for translations; see this wiki page: https://wiki.wesnoth.org/GettextForTranslators
egallager

Post by egallager »

Adding The War of Terrador (potfile) to this thread:
TWOT.pot
potfile for The War of Terrador
(90.38 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
egallager

Post by egallager »

Thanks to Septim and Celerini for helping to translate "A Little Adventure" into Czech!
egallager

Post by egallager »

egallager wrote: March 9th, 2022, 12:38 am Thanks to Septim and Celerini for helping to translate "A Little Adventure" into Czech!
...and for updating the Czech translation for A New Order, too!

Anyways, recently-opened translation issues I've opened for my UMC include:
egallager

Post by egallager »

Adding Dawn of Thunder (potfile) to this thread:
Dawn_of_Thunder.pot.gz
potfile for Dawn of Thunder
(47.27 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
egallager

Post by egallager »

egallager wrote: March 9th, 2022, 12:38 am Thanks to Septim and Celerini for helping to translate "A Little Adventure" into Czech!
...and now there's a Japanese translation to it, too, thanks to "chee / k.k"!
egallager

Post by egallager »

Atreides wrote: July 6th, 2021, 10:37 pm
German. I'm not really familiar with msgmerge, I've only heard it referred to. Perhaps poedit has such a function too.
Update: I've since done the msgmerge-ing myself in this commit: https://github.com/cooljeanius/Two_Brothers_With_A_Third_Difficulty/commit/30b8fbfa7a10d9325563b11c3906c1d8202b125e
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

egallager wrote: July 6th, 2022, 12:03 am
Atreides wrote: July 6th, 2021, 10:37 pm
Update: I've since done the msgmerge-ing myself in this commit: https://github.com/cooljeanius/Two_Brothers_With_A_Third_Difficulty/commit/30b8fbfa7a10d9325563b11c3906c1d8202b125e
Thanks, I did merge it back then and got started on translating. It did turn out to be a fairly big job so I kinda lost heart, sorry! I'll have another look and see if maybe I can finish it. Gotta say big kudos to all the translaters out there who seem to knock them out so effortlessly! Myself it seems I'd rather dig through convoluted wml than do translating, hehe. Guess that just because I am 100% in two languages doesn't mean I am also good at transing them. Weird. Must just be a gift some have. Ahhh I ramble again.