A New Heir

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

white_haired_uncle

Re: A New Heir

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Heroic_for_a_dunce wrote: July 5th, 2022, 11:48 pm I have found it impossible to find Jevyan's hiding spot on "Revival" (scenario 10?). Can anyone provide his coordinates?

Other than that its is a wonderful campaign!
You could try typing

:debug
:inspect

go to units, you should what you are looking for

:nodebug
Descacharrado
Developer

Post by Descacharrado »

Kruggov wrote: February 1st, 2022, 7:27 pm I liked this campaign...
Thank you for your kind words, and sorry for answering so late, looks like I was unsubscribed from the thread :annoyed:
But among all that good was a blight called Southbay in Spring. Recall list wipe combined...
When I was reworking the campaign, I had a great Issue balancing the mid-game scenarios as the harder difficulties were actually easier because of the amount of XP you could farm in the early scenarios. So I decided to implement the recall list wipe, In my honest opinion, the campaign is way more fun like this.
I also didn't like Necrophages appearing out of the swamps in Revival, it's easy to get overwhelmed by them, especially if you don't have a Medicaster as one of your first joining units. They are much more manageable in The Cleanse.
I will considering adding a bias towards healing units on Revival.
Also:
1) One scenario's ending (I think it's Soutbay in Spring) still mentions orcs, should be undead.
2) Please give the Dragoon ally commander in Southbay in Summer scenario Slow trait - there were several times when he rushed out around turn 5 or 6 and was instantly surrounded by Pandora's forces who proceded to stone him to death. With Slow trait, he would be less likely to rush out, and would also be a bit tougher.
3) Neither King Caror, nor Prince Haric are loyal, I think they should be. Also Prince Haric can recruit in one level where he is playable.
Noted.
3) Just an interesting note, I had a White Mage that required around 180 EXP to become a Mage of Light since he got 2 or 3 AMLAs while he was still a Medicaster.
That is funny but I dont think I will be able to fix that.
4) I think the final boss should be an Ancient Lich, having him be a regular Lich was underwhelming for a final boss.
Its for lore purposes.
It all started when I speedran wesnoth...
Descacharrado
Developer

Post by Descacharrado »

white_haired_uncle wrote: July 6th, 2022, 5:31 am
Heroic_for_a_dunce wrote: July 5th, 2022, 11:48 pm I have found it impossible to find Jevyan's hiding spot on "Revival" (scenario 10?). Can anyone provide his coordinates?

Other than that its is a wonderful campaign!
You could try typing

:debug
:inspect

go to units, you should what you are looking for

:nodebug
Spoiler alert on his position:
Spoiler:
It all started when I speedran wesnoth...