Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Chris NS

Looking for suggestions of pre-existing portrait art for The Unstoppable Legion

Post by Chris NS »

Looking for portrait recommendations for The Unstoppable Legion;

Hi everybody.

Now that I am nearly at the end of my monster campaign, I am turning attention to portraits. This started off in the days on the old square portraits, when it also looked okay to just use the unit image. Portraits have come a long way since then. Also, I only came back to the project recently and I'm not familiar with what's been developed elsewhere.

Unfortunately, I can't draw for toffee. I am also aware of the etiquette 9and forum (rules) against asking people to draw for free. So I figure the next best thing would be to ask people more knowledgeable about this forum than I am what's already on offer.

Where possible, I want to avoid using portraits being used in mainline campaigns, although I'm amenable to modified portraits.

Anyway, to get started with the following, does anyone recommend:

Viktor: Similar to Konrad in Heir to the Throne, a youth who finds himself leading a quest with so much depending on it. He is a horse-rider (for consistency I suppose the drawing ought to have a horse, but I'm not too bothered about that just yet).
Deuterus: A mentor, but a druid instead of a wizard.
Prince Sven: A dwarf born into royalty who leads other dwarves into battle.

There are plenty of other characters, but we can start with these.

No need to worry about any critique from me - I'm just happy to use anything I can get my hands on.

Cheers.
ThroneGame

Re: Looking for suggestions of pre-existing portrait art for The Unstoppable Legion

Post by ThroneGame »

Sounds interesting, although I am working on another project (GSE) and I haven't made my digital wallet yet in case you are planning to sponsor artist's work
:|
Co-developer of the Great Steppe Era (GSE): viewtopic.php?t=53932
My deviantart account: https://www.deviantart.com/coredove