"For the Gods" map pack addon

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

"For the Gods" map pack addon

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

I downloaded this from the 1.16.x server today and it's non-functional.
As in, does not even load.

(it's non-functional since dropping scenario editor files into a scenarios folder and not converting them to [multiplayer][/multiplayer] before release)

There was no feedback link provided so posting it here.

Additionally, there should be some system where people can send an anonymous feedback in the addons manager UI and that message is converted to an email by some contentfeedback@wesnoth.org and then sent to the uploader's email.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
hermestrismi

Re: "For the Gods" map pack addon

Post by hermestrismi »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: June 14th, 2022, 8:39 am I downloaded this from the 1.16.x server today and it's non-functional.
As in, does not even load.

(it's non-functional since dropping scenario editor files into a scenarios folder and not converting them to [multiplayer][/multiplayer] before release)

There was no feedback link provided so posting it here.

Additionally, there should be some system where people can send an anonymous feedback in the addons manager UI and that message is converted to an email by some contentfeedback@wesnoth.org and then sent to the uploader's email.
I was about to notify him but I didn't found even his name in the forum
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Re: "For the Gods" map pack addon

Post by Atreides »

Me three. I tried to find the maps today but they do not show up. I saw that there are 2 sets of map files, one in scenarios and one in utils.

Pity. They sound interesting, one seems to have expanded time of days.

p.s.
Ugh. OK I told myself I wouldn't look into it closer but I got curious. Oh yes, my fatal flaw. : )

Yeah files are just missing multiplayer and side tags. The utils dir can be dumped (same). Quick fix.

p.p.s.
I did it and actually, contrary to expectations the maps looks quite interesting.