Using UMC eras in campaigns

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Hextroyer413

Using UMC eras in campaigns

Post by Hextroyer413 »

Is there a method to utilize recruit lists from different eras in campaigns?
The multiplayer mode already allows me to select different eras but they use custom lists.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: Using UMC eras in campaigns

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Hextroyer413 wrote: July 1st, 2022, 7:25 pm Is there a method to utilize recruit lists from different eras in campaigns?
The multiplayer mode already allows me to select different eras but they use custom lists.
you have to a modification add-on which "sets" the recruit list of the campaign to your preferred faction of any era (provided the mod is enabled and the era is available in the addons directory).

I made one for my own which overrides the recruit list with the Aragwaithi faction. Some campaigns work but others have some things breaking since items are hard-coded for specific types/races.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Hextroyer413

Post by Hextroyer413 »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: July 1st, 2022, 9:41 pm
Hextroyer413 wrote: July 1st, 2022, 7:25 pm Is there a method to utilize recruit lists from different eras in campaigns?
you have to a modification add-on which "sets" the recruit list of the campaign to your preferred faction of any era (provided the mod is enabled and the era is available in the addons directory).

I made one for my own which overrides the recruit list with the Aragwaithi faction. Some campaigns work but others have some things breaking since items are hard-coded for specific types/races.
Thanks.

Could you share it? I don't know how to code weesnoth so knowing what to do would help.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Could you share it? I don't know how to code weesnoth so knowing what to do would help.
A rough example..

Code: Select all

[modification]
    id = add_dwarves_mod
    name = _ "Dwarves Mod"
    description = _ "Set the Dwarves faction units as your recruit list in any campaign. This mod also allows Dwarvish Fighters to advance into Dwarvish Runesmiths."

# require_modification = yes
    type = sp
    addon_min_version = 1.0.0

# main event

[event]
        name = "prestart"

[set_recruit]
            side = 1
            recruit = "Dwarvish Fighter, Dwarvish Thunderer, Dwarvish Scout, Dwarvish Guardsman, Dwarvish Ulfserker, Gryphon Rider"
        [/set_recruit]
    [/event]

[modify_unit_type]
        type="Dwarvish Fighter"
        add_advancement="Dwarvish Runesmith"
    [/modify_unit_type]

[/modification]
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium