vghetto port project

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: vghetto port project

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Alarantalara wrote: May 28th, 2022, 3:52 pm I started paying more attention again and noticed that a campaign I made got caught up in this.
I'm going through it now and fixing some things that got missed in the initial porting process.
One of these things is that these old campaigns had different requirements for terrain_mask and the file format doesn't quite match anymore (things end up in the wrong spot as a result).
Adding:
alignment=odd
to those tags restores old behaviour without having to rebuild the map files used for terrain_mask.
These ported addons under the VPP all share a common passphrase so you can take up the add-on if you want.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Makepeace_McEvoy

Post by Makepeace_McEvoy »

This is a nice idea in theory, but it's caused a problem in practice. I am the author of some of the campaigns that have been ported. I have just tried to upgrade "Comrades in Arms" for version 1.14 (this is what I have available, as I'm a Linux user), and the system is not letting me upgrade my own campaign because it's been ported with a different passphrase. I can foresee that this is going to happen with other campaigns of mine that you have ported.

Please contact me privately with the new passphrase so that I am no longer locked out of my own projects. Thanks!
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Makepeace_McEvoy wrote: July 22nd, 2022, 6:35 pm This is a nice idea in theory, but it's caused a problem in practice. I am the author of some of the campaigns that have been ported. I have just tried to upgrade "Comrades in Arms" for version 1.14 (this is what I have available, as I'm a Linux user), and the system is not letting me upgrade my own campaign because it's been ported with a different passphrase. I can foresee that this is going to happen with other campaigns of mine that you have ported.

Please contact me privately with the new passphrase so that I am no longer locked out of my own projects. Thanks!
you should read the whole post. The passphrase of all project-related addons are the same.

which is, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Great to see lots of people coming back and picking up their old work! If this keeps up I'll be out of a job soon. : ) Then I can finally get to creating something new myself. <grin>

p.s. Makepeace, I too am a Linux user but am able to use 1.16 thanks to Flatpak. Maybe that can help you too. Seriously, my distro still has 1.12.6 as its latest. Of course I'm a little behind with Debian 9 (they're up to 11 - I was gonna go to 10 when 9 got deprecated but somehow they're out with 11?) but anyways.
Suukorak

Post by Suukorak »

vghetto wrote: November 26th, 2021, 5:41 pm Finished porting and uploading Ghostly_Calls with its ridiculously huge maps to 1.14.
Oh wow, I didn't realize my campaign was well-regarded enough to be preserved. Thanks for your work!

And yes, the maps are ridiculously huge. Just like I like them.
He who is still learning WML, can still make a campaign. (or at least try)

You are an Arch Mage - You're definitely intelligent, but some people would say you spend too much time inside. The power you have learned, however, is simply unmatched.
egallager

Post by egallager »

So, I started porting Roboke to 1.16, but then decided to quit because I lost interest; anyone else who wishes to pick it up is welcome to fork, though: https://github.com/cooljeanius/Roboke
egallager

Post by egallager »

Argesilao2 wrote: December 11th, 2021, 8:56 am Just uploaded both Alariel's Journey and his dependency Alariel's Journey Music in BfW 1.16 add-ons server.

I made necessary to download Alariel's Journey Music to be able to play the campaign, otherwise the mod music would not work, but I'm not sure it was the right thing to do. :hmm:
The alternative was to copy the music files into the campaign's music folder, but it meant creating a campaign of more than 100MB :shock:

Anyway, this campaign it's really a little jewel, and I don't said this because I ported it :mrgreen:
Having this campaign installed causes the following error for me on 1.16 when I try to open the map editor:

Code: Select all

The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
    /Users/ericgallager/Library/Containers/org.wesnoth.Wesnoth/Data/Library/Application Support/Wesnoth_1.16/data/add-ons/Alariels_Journey/_main.cfg

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Details:

Macro/file 'UTP_AR_GENERIC_SINGLE_PLFB' is missing
    at ~add-ons/Alariels_Journey/utils/aj_terrains.cfg:48
        included from ~add-ons/Alariels_Journey/_main.cfg:89
demario

Post by demario »

Konrad2 wrote: February 12th, 2022, 1:23 pm
vghetto wrote: December 18th, 2021, 5:23 am Across_the_Ocean uploaded to 1.14 and 1.16.
There is a bug in Across the Ocean.
There is a bit of confusion on the status of this port. There are some pending bug reports dating from after the date of last update of the add-on.
Across_the_Ocean_add-on.png
Still no feedback or no update. That leads people think that this port is abandoned.
It looks quite bad on the whole port project when its most downloaded output is not functional.
vghetto wrote: November 25th, 2021, 1:17 pm Anyone that would like to privately maintain or redo the work can do so by deleting the add on and reuploading with their own password.
So is this the proper way for me to just delete this add-on and to put my own non-buggy port to the add-on server?
vghetto wrote: December 25th, 2021, 1:39 pm Did you use 16 xs for the password?
There are three ways I can think of to understand this encrypted password:
Spoiler:
None of them seems to be the right combination to remove the buggy add-on. They all end with the same error:

Code: Select all

error general: The server responded with an error:
The passphrase is incorrect.
I don't really see any good reason to put an openly overridable add-on's password in such a way that no direct inference is successful to figure out the right password.? Just put the thing straight for people to change it if your claim is that it is free to change.
Can anyone who knows the password delete the add-on so I can put a more playable version? Much thanks!
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

the passphrase for all vghetto port project is: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
demario

Post by demario »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: April 24th, 2023, 7:31 pm the passphrase for all vghetto port project is: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks. It worked.

Provided that the campaign "Girl unDead" is unplayable due to a WML error when the campaign is started,
error
Girl_unDead-1.4.0-2.wml_error.png
I have removed the add-on from the server and put my own port "Girl unDead (stock 1.12)". The password has been changed.

The statistics for the add-on at time of removal were:
stats
Girl_unDead-1.4.0-2.addon_info.png
For the record, a copy of the last version of the add-on before removal is in attachment.
Disclosure: I haven't fully tested the campaign.
Attachments
Girl_unDead-1.16.tar.bz2
last version (1.4.0-2) of "Girl unDead" from vghetto port project
(1.9 MiB) Downloaded 22 times
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Hello! I've just begun playing a campaign that's called ‘Die Suche nach Erlornas Frau’ (in German, yes). Is it something ported as part of this project? I cannot find a thread for it.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Sadaharu wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 12:05 am Hello! I've just begun playing a campaign that's called ‘Die Suche nach Erlornas Frau’ (in German, yes). Is it something ported as part of this project? I cannot find a thread for it.
It's not, 1.16 was the first time it was uploaded.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Ah. I have backups of add-ons for BfW 1.12 and 1.14 from an earlier computer and it's not there but I know that my collection is not complete.
Well, it seems nothing can be done then.
Gothyoba

Post by Gothyoba »

hermestrismi wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 11:42 am I finished Return of the Legion and I ported it.
Will this get published somewhere?
Whitefang Orc
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Gothyoba wrote: July 18th, 2023, 8:13 pm
hermestrismi wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 11:42 am I finished Return of the Legion and I ported it.
Will this get published somewhere?
I published it as it was originally (with no changes from the original) then I developed and modified it and now it is a part of "the dark master project ressources beta" (a campaigns pack addon) along with its three parts and many other campaigns