A Song of Fire: SP Campaign Feedback and Reviews

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Inky
Forum Moderator

Re: A Song of Fire: SP Campaign Feedback and Reviews

Post by Inky »

I started working on porting ASoF to 1.16 but it still needs testing, which is why I haven't uploaded it to the server yet. So far I've only used :n to debug my way through most of the campaign to look for obvious issues.
If anyone wants to help with testing or the port, my github project for it is here: https://github.com/inky17/a-song-of-fire

So far the only known issue is that several leaders will have an "image not found" background due to a hero ellipse issue I still need to figure out. If anyone comes across any more please let me know! :)
Bafferius

Post by Bafferius »

Good morning everyone! I need a little help: i'm playing "A song of fire" and had the "Cf" problem with the fourth scenario. I changed "Cf" with "cud", but now there is this message: "An error due to possibly invalid WML occured. The error message is: A terrain with a string with more than 4 characters has been found, the affected terrain is: Mm. When reporting the bug please include the following error message: Condition 'size <=4' failed at src/terrain/translation.cpp:711 in function 'string_to_layer'." How cain i fix this? Thank you if you want to answer me!
Inky
Forum Moderator

Post by Inky »

Bafferius wrote: April 3rd, 2022, 4:06 pm Good morning everyone! I need a little help: i'm playing "A song of fire" and had the "Cf" problem with the fourth scenario. I changed "Cf" with "cud", but now there is this message: "An error due to possibly invalid WML occured. The error message is: A terrain with a string with more than 4 characters has been found, the affected terrain is: Mm. When reporting the bug please include the following error message: Condition 'size <=4' failed at src/terrain/translation.cpp:711 in function 'string_to_layer'." How cain i fix this? Thank you if you want to answer me!
Hey, welcome! :D I'm not sure what went wrong with your search and replace, but I attached a .map file for S04 that should work for Wesnoth 1.14 (after replacing Cf with Cud and Kf with Kud), maybe you could download and try that?
Attachments
04_Lightning_Strike.map
map for S04 compatible with Wesnoth 1.14
(8.93 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
Bafferius

Post by Bafferius »

Thank you Inky, now the problem is solved! you were amazing, I really love the super articulate and in-depth lore of the Dragon trilogy saga! By the way, I have a little dream in the drawer: would some super Wesnoth expert want to collaborate with me to create one or more Tolkien's Silmarillion themed campaigns? In my opinion it could come out a good project!
Serkima

Post by Serkima »

When will the trilogy be ported to wesnoth 1.16? I love this campaigns :(
Bafferius

Post by Bafferius »

Hello guys! Inky, another little help please, if it's not a problem for you. I have a problem with the scenario number 31 of the same campaign "Night Fire", the same matter: replace and error with the message " A terrain with a string with more than 4 characters has been found, the affected terrain is: Ms". Don't you have also a .map file for this? thank you!
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

After seeing so many FB messages and DMs on 1.16 port of this campaign. I made a PR to the repo to maybe allow 1.16 client to load and play it properly. I am on S3 right now so playtesting might take a while.

People who can git clone the repo, may playtest and see if it's playable and the new maintainer Inky will be able to upload to 1.16.x server.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Inky
Forum Moderator

Post by Inky »

Bafferius wrote: May 7th, 2022, 3:03 pm Hello guys! Inky, another little help please, if it's not a problem for you. I have a problem with the scenario number 31 of the same campaign "Night Fire", the same matter: replace and error with the message " A terrain with a string with more than 4 characters has been found, the affected terrain is: Ms". Don't you have also a .map file for this? thank you!
Hey, happy to help! I think for S31 all we have to do is replace "Kfa" with "Koa" (snowy keep). I attached the edited map file, hope it works!
Attachments
31_Night_Fire.map
map for S31 for wesnoth1.14
(13.04 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
DeezNutzOX

Re: Dawn of Thunder [SP campaign for 1.14.x]

Post by DeezNutzOX »

Hello! I'm using version 1.14.13 on my iPhone. I just beat "ASoF-Monstrous Help," and cannot get "ASoF-Lightnight Strike" to load. I keep receiving the following message which will not allow me to proceed to the next level:

The game map could not be loaded: Unknown tile in map: (Cf) 'Cf'

Is anyone able to help me? I'm dying to play this campaign :D
Last edited by Konrad2 on May 25th, 2022, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved because it was posted at the wrong topic
Markowoko

Post by Markowoko »

Hi there !

First of all, I have to talk about it for a bit. I have been periodically playing Battle of Wesnoth for about 15 years, I quite literally grew up with it, and I can say with confidence that out of all the content I've got my hands on in that span, Revansurik's campaigns were by far the best experience I've ever had. The only thing that saddens me is that they are probably bound to remain UMC content forever because of their nature, absolute behemoths of content that introduce way too much stuff to match with the scope of the main game.

That's about it for the fanboyism, now onto the real reason I've come here today, and it has to do with writing (if I'm on the wrong forum, please feel free to redirect me to the correct one but I don't think I've seen any). In any case, I'll leave my opinions as spoilers at first.
Spoiler:

I could go on and ramble about more stuff but this is what striked me the most when I replayed the campaigns this month, and I feel like addressing these points would further polish what's probably the most refined campaign of the Dragon Trilogy.
Galathein

Post by Galathein »

Well, that explains that. I reinstalled Wesnoth on my new machine just to play a Song of Fire and the rest of the trilogy! Hope everything is going well, am kind of disappointed, but I want you to know I'm a huge fan!
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

Hello everyone,
I have probably found a bug - one of the Akashia´s AMLA gives her bonus attack: 18x1 Drain, berseker.
She likes to use it on defense, therefore she is quite useless character now as she dies really often.
She already had one of the berseker´s attack, but it is attack only. Yes, I can try to win this amazing campain without using her, but it would be quite anoying.
Is there anything I can do? I picked up the AMLA maybe 8 scenarios ago, it took me a while before I found out...
AHoppe

Post by AHoppe »

Hi everyone,

I installed Wesnoth an the addon A Song Of Fire on my iPad. The scenario Lightning Strike Beginns with an error message:

The game map could not be loaded: Unknown tile in map: (Cf) ‘Cf‘

I would fix it by myself, but I have no idea who to get access go the addon-files on my iPad.

Any ideas or hints?

Greetings

Andreas
Eric143

Post by Eric143 »

Solution here: viewtopic.php?p=664861#p664861

Edit: ah sorry, I didn't read rightfully your post :( I can't help you, sadly.
If you don't hear anything behind you, then a child - or a cat - is doing some foolish thing. Either that, or a Ninja is sneaking behind you. I wonder which one is worse.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

As per my phone call conversation with revansurik, I have ported this beautiful campaign to the 1.16.x server. The port is working but may need tons of feedback to get it back to its original quality again. So...send feedback?
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium