Genesis 0.2.12 [1.14/1.15] [Ep 1 complete]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sadaharu

Re: Genesis 0.2.12 [1.14/1.15] [Ep 1 complete]

Post by Sadaharu »

It was the opposite experience for me. The last scenario was too difficult in BfW 1.12 (as I reported at the time) and I barely managed to when it was tweaked slightly and ported to BfW 1.14. The thing is that with so many manifestations and replicas and what-not you have to be very careful first with when exactly you trigger the enemy's appearance and where everybody is at the time (and how many MPs they have) and second with whom and what your recruit.

And also with how exactly you've been managing the AMLAs for your heroes. Each of them should be maxxed out and her attack improvements should focus (if possible) on those which hurt the last two scenarios' weird opponents with their crazy resistances. Aryel's malefice can really rack up the damage and the transfusion passive can be tremendous… if she survives in between turns.

Since the scenario is set up to be the final showdown between Yumi and Luna I just managed to kill her with Yumi who, in my 1.14 playthrough (Hard-Dryad difficulty) had managed to amass a whopping 15× void assault compared to her 1.12 counterpart who only had a 7× version of said attack because I'd built her up differently. And even so I have two saves from the very last turn in that scenario. It's very rare for me to have more than one save from the same turn, and the very last save has Luna at 69 and Yumi having to hit 14 out of 15 times with her 5 dmg abeyance attacks or else I lose when the AI moves.
It's tought and a bit too luck-based but on the other hand you are supposed, in character, to be fighting the entire campaign's final boss battle against the #1 minion of your unknown enemy so it fits.
Descacharrado
Developer

Post by Descacharrado »

Little typo in "Crypt"
Attachments
Sin título.png
Sin título.png (2.44 KiB) Viewed 2486 times
It all started when I speedran wesnoth...
j3yxz

Post by j3yxz »

I loved "Invasion from the Unkown" and "After the Storm", and i randomly opened Wesnoth again after really long time and found this pearl randomly in the add-onns...Thank you all for this, it was awesome!! Sorry but i never has been good at english so can't express really well how great it was playing it! Have a great day!
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

This is one of my favorite campaign. Thank you
I am waiting for another part
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

I still wonder how things gonna be if there is a part II.
Really, one of master pieces of BfW
Pixel_Dash

Post by Pixel_Dash »

For those completely incapable of solving the Silent Night Glyph / Puzzle like me, here's the solution. USE YUMI!
Screenshot 2022-05-26 045531.png
DarkELf

Post by DarkELf »

Im stuck on Silent Night and i cant ear good on my laptop... this is sad... puzzle arpeggio i mean..

Great campaign tho.
DarkELf

Post by DarkELf »

Well i did it after some time and random try ahahah just finished the campaing and its awesome. Nice story!

Is there a continuation tho? 8)
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

I can't beat silent night i can escape with yumi while distracting reapers with manifestations.but after some time aryel shows up and in few turns she get killed by wraiths and phantoms + also that invisible things.
Dark_Issou

Post by Dark_Issou »

Hello, is a French traduction can be added PLEASE ? If nobody could do it I can but I need to know how, where, when etc

Thx for the campaign, enjoying it and wait with a great hope the Part II !!!
froakie

Post by froakie »

After thinking about it, I have decided to share my thoughts. I have to say that I want to love this campaign but I can't.

This has to be my most quitted campaign ever. Especially Moonlit Night.

I have tried finishing this campaign at this point 4 times. The fighting has been a poor experience, and a disappointment. I haveN't felt this powerless in deciding my own fate in a wesnoth campaign. There might be the potential for victory if I spent a gazillion gold on manifestations, and cheese it, but that would have robbed me of the gameplay experience even more than this. But why would I resort to that though if it wasn't hinted / implied that it is going to this ardous and infuriating of a fight. With the damage, resistances, and number of enemies, I probably lose nonetheless. I have to say though, that I don't think it's a healthy gameplay experience when you would need to retroactively redo countless things in order to advance. Especially in a linear story.
But the worst thing may be that as a fairly experienced Wesnoth player who completed every main campaign, and many modded campaigns, I could not see how I may win that battle.

Overall melee units you can recruit feel powerless (they are either lawful, or weak to arcane), while ranged units get countered and eaten by blue demons in a blink of an eye.

My opinion probably changes nothing substantial, but I hope that in the future / continuation of this you will refrain from creating similar experiences.

P.s. mirror and complete immunities are bullocks.
BumbleBee

Post by BumbleBee »

Pixel_Dash wrote: May 25th, 2022, 4:14 pm For those completely incapable of solving the Silent Night Glyph / Puzzle like me, here's the solution. USE YUMI!

Screenshot 2022-05-26 045531.png
Is this sound puzzle randomized or is the current version static? I did it with this order, but my Yumi is a Void Angel now. And Aryel cannot see her, even when I teleported Yumi next to her.
BumbleBee

Post by BumbleBee »

So I am stuck here.
Phil_Raju

Post by Phil_Raju »

hermestrismi wrote: May 7th, 2022, 2:17 pm I still wonder how things gonna be if there is a part II.
Really, one of master pieces of BfW
Yess I just finished Ep1, the story line and characters are soo good. I can't wait for Ep2