Could we check the individual unit's kills statistic?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

wertyu7878456

Could we check the individual unit's kills statistic?

Post by wertyu7878456 »

I love this wonderful game and like to read statistics every time after my games, especially after a battle with my friends. But a little pity is that I could only check all kills unit in the games but not check a unit's kills list and find which one kills the most enemy or just kill a unit named by my friends in the battle. Do you know how to check this kind of data or does someone have a plan to do this?
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Re: Could we check the individual unit's kills statistic?

Post by WhiteWolf »

It should be very simple to write a mod for this.
You could store an array of your units, and have an associated kill counter variable to each. Then in a die event, find your unit in your array (add it if it's not in it yet) and increment in its counter.
Then create a new menu item or something that opens a message window or some other UI box that lists out your units and their kill number.
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
wertyu7878456

Post by wertyu7878456 »

WhiteWolf wrote: April 5th, 2022, 3:53 pm It should be very simple to write a mod for this.
You could store an array of your units, and have an associated kill counter variable to each. Then in a die event, find your unit in your array (add it if it's not in it yet) and increment in its counter.
Then create a new menu item or something that opens a message window or some other UI box that lists out your units and their kill number.
Thank you very much! As a computer newbie, It is a little bit hard for me to make a mod. Hope one day someone could make such a mod. I wish you well! :D
patience_reloaded

Post by patience_reloaded »

You could also watch the replay and pay attention to some details that you consider important, like counting what kind of unit killed how many enemies, or which one of your units killed an important enemy unit.
Also, you can rename your units if they made an important achievement. I for example like to give my units honorary "titles", like "defender" added to their name when they evaded a lot of attacks in an important situation.
There may also be add-ons that can help you remembering important units. On 1.14, I like the "unitmarker mod" (but I don't know if it has been ported to 1.16 yet, I haven't updated yet).
wertyu7878456

Post by wertyu7878456 »

patience_reloaded wrote: April 6th, 2022, 12:40 pm You could also watch the replay and pay attention to some details that you consider important, like counting what kind of unit killed how many enemies, or which one of your units killed an important enemy unit.
Also, you can rename your units if they made an important achievement. I for example like to give my units honorary "titles", like "defender" added to their name when they evaded a lot of attacks in an important situation.
There may also be add-ons that can help you remembering important units. On 1.14, I like the "unitmarker mod" (but I don't know if it has been ported to 1.16 yet, I haven't updated yet).
Thank you! It is also a good idea!
Inkerrio

Post by Inkerrio »

That's a nice idea, I might add it to my addon at some point!
wertyu7878456

Post by wertyu7878456 »

Inkerrio wrote: April 10th, 2022, 11:37 am That's a nice idea, I might add it to my addon at some point!
I appreciate everything you do for us. Please let me know when you finally make it! I wish all of you well!
Krogen

Post by Krogen »

Years ago when i had some very successful units, i used to watch replays just to count how many engagements and kills they had. So i'd say this is not a bad idea. And also it'd be interesting to see the luck of individual units, that could make for some really wild statistics.
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." - Tywin Lannister
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Oh, an active thread!
In the UMC "Children of the Dust", there was an ability for some units that got bonuses to their attacks for every unit of a certain race they dispatched. So, a dwarven scout with 8 orcish grunt kills will be dealing 8% or so more damage vs orcs/Grunts. Like that.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

It might be possible to do with current resources to available but UI could need some refinement though.

What Whitewolf said is the proper procedure to do it.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium