Amorphous's Pixel Art

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Amorphous

Re: Amorphous's Pixel Art

Post by Amorphous »

Dropping by with a bunch of WIPs and bits and bobs since I've been drawing more Wesnoth stuff recently! Some of these only need a bit more cleaning up, will hopefully get to all of them soon.
Attachments
Orcei Gladiatores WIP.png
Orcei Gladiatores WIP.png (15.8 KiB) Viewed 9734 times
minotaur-maze-guardian-wip.png
minotaur-maze-guardian-wip.png (4.06 KiB) Viewed 9734 times
chaoscasterspreview.png
chaoscasterspreview.png (21 KiB) Viewed 9734 times
axemen-wip.png
axemen-wip.png (19.19 KiB) Viewed 9734 times
babydragon-wip.png
babydragon-wip.png (22.64 KiB) Viewed 9734 times
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Hey I think I recognize those Orcei Gladiatores. Imperial Era? They look really good.
Amorphous

Post by Amorphous »

Thanks! And yeah, Imperial Era! I was working on sprites for it years ago, I think I have more in a folder somewhere.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Are they going to be used by the IE? I really hope so. Seriously that lizard (duh I forgot the unit name, must be getting old) and that fox drawn chariot (oh I almost recall the name - tip of tongue!) are just glorious. The rest too but those jump out at you obviously.
Amorphous

Post by Amorphous »

Thanks for the enthusiasm, Atreides -- maybe I'll actually finish these guys up! Looking at post history, seems like UnwiseOwl was last around in March (I think he's the only one maintaining IE?), but I could give him a ping after cleaning up some of these guys and shipping them into transparent pngs with the right format.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

I really love that Chaos caster-line unit and that axe-wielding Loyalist unit. May I have your permission to use them for an UMC once they are available?
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Anekron

Post by Anekron »

Those are great sprites! Also love the peasant woman from 2012, there are precious few female sprites in the game and they can come really handy in UMCs, if you don't want all male cast of characters. Would it be fine if I used it somewhere?

Also I'm embarrassed to ask but... don't you have any old looking orcish grunt types laying around by sheer chance? :D I have one as one of my campaign's main characters and since I'm not very good at sprites, it's a frankenstein. :D
Developer of The Rootless, an orcish campaign aimed at beginners.
Amorphous

Post by Amorphous »

Thanks for the kind words, Lord-Knightmare and Anekron! You are both absolutely free to use any of these sprites however you like. About an orcish grunt unit, I don't have any lying around unfortunately. I'm assuming you're already aware of the Orcish Leader line?
Anekron

Post by Anekron »

The Orcish Leader sadly doesn't fit the story too well. I knew it's not probable you have something like that just laying around, but it never hurts to ask. :D I'm very impressed with how close to mainline those Imperial Era orcs feel (particularly the one with a mace) while also looking fresh and interesting. They've got those dramatic postures and I also like how most of them get a lot of team colour clothing, since many addons units lack that.
Developer of The Rootless, an orcish campaign aimed at beginners.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Hey, Amorphous

I recall you were making an updated Javelineer sprite set. Is there any chance you might be finishing it at some point?
Amorphous

Post by Amorphous »

Hey Lord Knightmare! It's quite possible that I'll finish up the Javelineer sometime soon-ish; I'm doing a bit more work on the Loyalists again. I pulled up my old file for him, the south-facing sprite is pretty much done in my eyes, maybe needs some touch ups on the cloak.
Attachments
javelineers.png
javelineers.png (9.12 KiB) Viewed 9249 times
Amorphous

Post by Amorphous »

Updates on the chaos casters. Anyone know if it would be possible to code an attack that has a chance of changing for each strike? Like a 3 strike ranged attack that for each strike has 1/3rd chance of being 12 dmg fire, 10 dmg arcane, or 7 dmg impact slows? Always imagined these guys as dark wild mages, would be fun to code them.
Attachments
wildmages.png
wildmages.png (29.99 KiB) Viewed 9084 times
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Anyone know if it would be possible to code an attack that has a chance of changing for each strike? Like a 3 strike ranged attack that for each strike has 1/3rd chance of being 12 dmg fire, 10 dmg arcane, or 7 dmg impact slows? Always imagined these guys as dark wild mages, would be fun to code them.
I actually wanted to use this unit-line for a campaign I was crafting and this ability seems quite amazing to do. It is possible. One thing is that the side-bar UI would mostly show it as 0-3 for the attack though (an engine limitation), for my working code.
Amorphous

Post by Amorphous »

Oh that's amazing, thanks Lord Knightmare! Knowing that it could actually work makes me excited about coming up with unit stats and stuff. Hopefully can get to that along with finishing these guys off this week.
Amorphous

Post by Amorphous »

Not much has changed with the chaos casters for now, but I'm thinking it would be fun to incorporate them into a faction that mostly consists of human outlaws. Until I get to that, I'm also enjoying building out a minotaur faction. Currently missing a level one mage and maybe a naga or merman as a water supplement.
Attachments
minotaurfactionwip.png
minotaurfactionwip.png (16.6 KiB) Viewed 8919 times