Knyghtmare's MP Scenarios/MP Campaigns Feedback [1.16/1.17+]

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Re: 2p - Isle of Mists [1.15/1.16]

Post by Atreides »

Another run and once again turn 40 was the limit without cheating. I'm not implying it is too hard. I've never won a survival of any sort yet. : - )

This time tried holing up in the central keep but that meant no income after a while.

I also find that the timing of terrain change makes it very difficult. One thing that it really undermines is the enemy move forecast. They don't mean a thing if the water recedes for example just before the bad guys turn... hehe.

Unpredictability is the essence of this scenario. You can't be sure what the next turn terrain is. Or when and where the enemy appears.
NorthDragon

Post by NorthDragon »

Atreides wrote: July 13th, 2021, 7:57 pm
Pentarctagon wrote: July 13th, 2021, 5:08 pm I'm fairly sure this is off-topic for this thread.
100% agree. I should not have replied to NorthDragon's tangential post.
Don't be afraid Atreides, you won't see my riposte to your embarrassing post.
Author: "Four Kingdoms" mp scenario, "Update Shroud Now -Automatically-" modification
NorthDragon

Post by NorthDragon »

Lord-Knightmare, accept my apologies for the confusion on your forum caused by Atreides.
Author: "Four Kingdoms" mp scenario, "Update Shroud Now -Automatically-" modification
NorthDragon

Post by NorthDragon »

Pentarctagon wrote: July 13th, 2021, 5:08 pm I'm fairly sure this is off-topic for this thread.
Thank you very much, for your intervention here.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

I'm not implying it is too hard. I've never won a survival of any sort yet.
Well, the description does make it very obvious that it's meant for experienced players.
This time tried holing up in the central keep but that meant no income after a while.
This tactic does partially work as you have castles and a central hospital but you forfeit income which is used to compensate for any losses.
I also find that the timing of terrain change makes it very difficult. One thing that it really undermines is the enemy move forecast. They don't mean a thing if the water recedes for example just before the bad guys turn... hehe.
Yes, the terrain change happens for the AI side to prevent one exploit from happening. The exploit could have been abused in one-player mode and would result in an easy playthrough. I would not allow such malpractices. :P
Unpredictability is the essence of this scenario. You can't be sure what the next turn terrain is. Or when and where the enemy appears.
Yes, it is intended to be as such. Have you ever tried it with maxed difficulty (+60)? :twisted:
Alternately, you can just reduce the difficulty settings to like -10/-20/-30 to water down the waves.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: July 14th, 2021, 10:17 am
I'm not implying it is too hard. I've never won a survival of any sort yet.
Well, the description does make it very obvious that it's meant for experienced players.
This tactic does partially work as you have castles and a central hospital but you forfeit income which is used to compensate for any losses.
Yes, the terrain change happens for the AI side to prevent one exploit from happening. The exploit could have been abused in one-player mode and would result in an easy playthrough. I would not allow such malpractices. :P
Yes, it is intended to be as such. Have you ever tried it with maxed difficulty (+60)? :twisted:
Alternately, you can just reduce the difficulty settings to like -10/-20/-30 to water down the waves.
LOL! I've only tried it at -30 so far!
christucker

Post by christucker »

Greetings, I have a silly question - how do I play the revised Dark Forecast/Team Survival maps? I love Isle of Mists and it was automatically included with the scenarios in the newest BfW version, but the DF/TS maps seem identical to how they always were. I couldn't find any add-on either for Isle of Mists that would include these revised maps. Thanks!
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

christucker wrote: April 21st, 2022, 11:04 am Greetings, I have a silly question - how do I play the revised Dark Forecast/Team Survival maps? I love Isle of Mists and it was automatically included with the scenarios in the newest BfW version, but the DF/TS maps seem identical to how they always were. I couldn't find any add-on either for Isle of Mists that would include these revised maps. Thanks!
Hmm, download the addon "Survivals (War of Legends)". They have the revised Dark Forecast and Team Survival scenarios in the package. Note: the revised ones have the suffix "Revised" on them. The WoL variants have "(WoL)" suffix. Hope that clarifies.
christucker

Post by christucker »

Much obliged. The War of Legends in the title might've misled me into thinking it's only for that era.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

christucker wrote: April 21st, 2022, 5:20 pm Much obliged. The War of Legends in the title might've misled me into thinking it's only for that era.
Originally, they were all in the same Isle of Mists addon, but after the titular was mainlined, the others were bundled into another addon. Yeah, the title and description is somewhat misleading as no one is told what the contents are.
christucker

Post by christucker »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: April 21st, 2022, 5:23 pm
Originally, they were all in the same Isle of Mists addon, but after the titular was mainlined, the others were bundled into another addon. Yeah, the title and description is somewhat misleading as no one is told what the contents are.
It's all good, already trying them out. Not with the Great Steppe era, though!
Untitled.jpg
Might I inquire as to what the hell is that? :D
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

christucker wrote: April 21st, 2022, 5:44 pm
Lord-Knightmare wrote: April 21st, 2022, 5:23 pm
It's all good, already trying them out. Not with the Great Steppe era, though!
Untitled.jpg
Might I inquire as to what the hell is that? :D
Doesn't seem to be a problem with my add-on since I started Team Survival Revised on Default Era and this error doesn't happen.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Re: MP Survival Scenarios Feedback [1.16/1.17+]

In my latest survival Realm of the Dark, I added support for eras beyond default era.

To achieve it, this must be filled and submitted to me.
For example, this is the template for ageless era...
Spoiler:
Likewise, other eras can be added in as well if I get their wave files.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Re: MP Survival Scenarios Feedback [1.16/1.17+]

Okay, so v1.0.3 of Realm of the Dark is available now. The update is for an improvement where the enemy waves will only spawn (if the player side leader is alive.) Which means Coop mode is relatively easier now. Not sure if it's winnable though but you can probably make it to the final waves now instead of premature defeat but turn 13.

Next up, open up middle again if solitaire mode was played to actually allow players to finish up the game.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Re: Knyghtmare's MP Scenarios Feedback [1.16/1.17+]

I wonder what I should code next:
  • Assault/Siege
    Brief Summary
    In Assault there are 2 teams (red and blue). The goal in Assault is to destroy objects (if you destroy some it will open new doors/ways to new objects until a main object (the last one)). 1 team has to defend the objects and the other team has to destroy them! The defending team wins when the time is over and the main object is still “alive”. The attacking team wins if they destroy the main object.
    Spoiler:
  • Domination
    Brief Summary
    In Domination, 2-4 teams try to dominate the map by capturing and keeping control points on the map and fragging the enemy teams. Each control point that a team has captured will generate points over time.
    Spoiler:
  • Capture the Flag
    Brief Summary
    In Capture the Flag (CTF) there are usually* 2 teams (red and blue), while each team got a base with their flag. The goal is to steal the other teams’ flag and bring it to your own to capture it. That’s only possible if your own flag is in your base and not taken by the other team. Usually a team needs 10 captures (caps) to win a match.
    Spoiler:
  • Onslaught
    Brief Summary
    In Onslaught there are usually 2 teams, each controlling a generator. The goal is to destroy the opponent's generator. Across the map are several control points, which are connected to each other and to the generator. One may only capture a control point or attack a generator if they control another conneccted control point. So the teams need to conquer the control points first.
    The team that manages to destroy the opponent's generator wins the match.
    Spoiler:
  • Invasion
    Brief Summary
    The game is played in rounds. In each round, a certain number of monsters will spawn all around the map. The players must try to kill as many monsters as possible. The players can't deal damage to other players.
    A round ends if either all monsters are dead (=round won) or after a timeout (=round over). The next round will start soon and after each round, the monsters will become more dangerous.
    The player who fragged the most monsters overall wins the game.
    Note: “Winning” a round has no impact on your score. Only dead monsters count.
    Spoiler:
  • Keepaway
    Brief Summary
    In Keepaway, a ball will spawn randomly on the map. The goal is to take the ball and—when you have it—kill as many people as possible and protect yourself.
    Spoiler:
Note: The game mode descriptions are from another game I play called Xonotic, I suppose many here know what it is.
Last edited by Lord-Knightmare on June 14th, 2022, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.