A Sangine Tale (Ani's Legacy, Ani's Quest)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: A Sangine Tale (Ani's Legacy, Ani's Quest)

Post by Konrad2 »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: May 8th, 2022, 4:59 pm
There is a terrain called 'Earthy Mushroom Grove', which is impassable. (It wasn't in 1.14.)
Name of map?
Sorry, but that terrain is present on multiple maps. Three of them are:
B2_A_New_Friend
R6_Dwarvish_Escape
K1a_Eternal_Night
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Konrad2 wrote: May 9th, 2022, 3:15 pm
There is a terrain called 'Earthy Mushroom Grove', which is impassable. (It wasn't in 1.14.)
Name of map?
B2_A_New_Friend
R6_Dwarvish_Escape
K1a_Eternal_Night
I see something...seems like all the terrains have a deprecated mushroom grove in it and this gave the error.
Time to wmllint again
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

In the collosseum part:
Elvish Sylphs are supposed to be able to advance to Elvish Peri.
Dune Warrior is supposed to be able to advance up to lvl 4.
(I think one other thing, but I forgot which it is? It's mentioned in the scenario objectives.)
The scenario name is probably 'returning champions'.
irheh

Post by irheh »

I’m playing the path with Bren-Jon. After doing all other available missions, I went to I did the battle against Kaltheor, and Bren-Jon got captured. However, Bren-Jon wasn’t in the subsequent Mariticide or Mud Hovel Quests scenarios, and the latter would automatically end as soon as it began, and and the send me to next scenario which was Mud Hovel Quests again (basically I’m stuck in a loop).
Belbo

Post by Belbo »

Well, I can confirm (as of BfW 1.16.2 and AST 3.0.0.3) that Anri's Legacy is mostly playable, albeit with a few non-fatal warning messages about terrain types and the Khalifate line.

There is also one seriously annoying bug which actually kept me from getting to one of the endings ("Jihad"). The bug itself is in "Khawla" and basically prevents you from getting paid when you loot the various garrison treasure houses, a big problem when the scenario deliberately gives you low starting gold. :x

I didn't discover (or bother looking for, frankly) either of the secret battles either, so I've no idea whether they're working correctly.

Those caveats aside, the campaign was a lot of fun for the most part. Special shout-outs to the "Kitty Heaven" and "Ratopia" paths, which were innovative as well. 8)
Starg4z3r

Post by Starg4z3r »

The scenario B4b_Mud_Quest is missing.
It's a possible next scenario after 'Save the Mud Hovel'
Got this error today in the same map. Since it's apparently a misnaming, is there a way to fix it myself or I need to wait for an update?
obik94

Post by obik94 »

Hello, recently I've started playing Ani's Legacy ans so far I've reached my first ending, i.e. Floating Island. Unfortunatelly, I am unable to finish it 'cos the first teleporting platform (28.28) doesn't work. Any suggestions on what I could try to make it work? Thanks!
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Hey, I've started playing this on BfW 1.16 and I'm going in chronological order so I started Ani's Quest. When I get to ‘Duel of the Dragons’ I'm getting the following error message:
Warning: broken campaign branches

Some of the possible next scenarios are missing, you might not be able to finish this campaign.

Please report the following missing scenario to the campaign's author:
17_Daughter

Once this is fixed, you will need to restart this scenario.
I don't know what's going on.
I've just had a poke at all three versions (I kept backups in an old drive and just found them today) and they all have the exact same structure in the .cfg files.
So I don't know what's different with this version. Perhaps another .cgf file somwhere has been corrupted?

Meanwhile I'm trying to see whether this is something that happens along only one path (I chose the underground one the first time around) or along all three.

There's also the bit about the Glowing Mushroom terrain being suddenly impassable. Even though its tiles' graphics are displayed correctly, they're marked as ‘Glowing Mushroom ()’ when I hover my mouse over them. When I try to find them as a terrain type (Ctrl+T) I just get an empty entry.

Neither of these problems happened to me when I played the campaign in either BfW 1.12 or 1.14.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Sadaharu wrote: July 27th, 2023, 9:40 pm Hey, I've started playing this on BfW 1.16 and I'm going in chronological order so I started Ani's Quest. When I get to ‘Duel of the Dragons’ I'm getting the following error message:

Some of the possible next scenarios are missing, you might not be able to finish this campaign.

17_Daughter

Once this is fixed, you will need to restart this scenario.
I don't know what's going on.
I've just had a poke at all three versions (I kept backups in an old drive and just found them today) and they all have the exact same structure in the .cfg files.
So I don't know what's different with this version. Perhaps another .cgf file somwhere has been corrupted?

Meanwhile I'm trying to see whether this is something that happens along only one path (I chose the underground one the first time around) or along all three.

Neither of these problems happened to me when I played the campaign in either BfW 1.12 or 1.14.
My best guess is that 1.16 has more stringent checks, and notices that the scenario '17_Daughter' doesn't exist when loading the scenario Duel of Dragons. If I interpret the scenario correctly, through normal progression you wouldn't run into any problems, but it isn't debug safe, if someone wanted to skip that scenario. Basically a bad default. Try replacing '17_Daugther' with '17a_Surprise'.
(Also, if the scenario loads at all, you can pretty much ignore the warning, because in that case it doesn't affect the player anyway.)
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

I tried it on another path and got the same error message but this time I just decided to play through the duel and everything appears to proceed smoothly after that.

Edit: at least for the first playable scenario. I'll post again after I've finished it.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Alright, so all the scenarios play out as intended after that. I'll have to try and dig through the code for the mushroom terrain later.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

In new bug reports, I'm now in Ani's Legacy and am following Rakkon's path first of all (for a change).

At Two Suitors I again get a missing scenario message:
A3_Dune Paragon

Once this is fixed, you will need to restart this scenario
As happened with Ani's Quest and 17_Daughter, this didn't result in a broken path.

At Nyxa's new toy the victory objectives list reads:
Victory objectives: Kill Evil Maani (leader of side 2)
Maani dies

Defeat: Turns run out
Maani dying actually means defeat and being left with ‘end scenario’, which I thought would lead to an alternate plotline but actually sends me to the game's main screen.

I suppose I'll check out the alternate timeline meanwhile. I want to get the Golden Age, which I only once got. :D
Konrad2 wrote: May 9th, 2022, 3:15 pm
Name of map?
B2_A_New_Friend
R6_Dwarvish_Escape
K1a_Eternal_Night
Does either of you know how to fix this problem? I get it with ‘Earth mushroom Grove’ tiles as well as with Glowing Mushroom.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Well, I'm now playing through Bren-Jon's path, which includes a lot of underground terrain with so many mushroom tiles and some maps are broken.

I don't know what's wrong with the earthy mushroom grove tiles but I could just replace them with normal mushroom grove tiles using a text editor. However, the still-impassable Giant Mushroom tiles are something I cannot swap out as easily because of the lighting effect so I'll have to find out what's wrong with them.

On other fronts: I finally got around to finding out how Matina's own path is triggered. I thought it'd be one of the secrets but it appears that it doesn't count.