The Dark Master

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

hermestrismi

Re: the dark master

Post by hermestrismi »

Hjalte wrote: May 9th, 2022, 10:42 am Følgende udvidelsesmodul indeholder fejl og kunne derfor ikke indlæses:
Following extension has erros and therefor couldnt load:
C:\Users\hjltl\OneDrive\Dokumenter\My Games\Wesnoth1.17/data/add-ons/The_Dark_Master/_main.cfg

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Details:

Macro/file 'SPECIAL_NOTES' is missing
at ~add-ons/The_Dark_Master/units/Arch_Lich.cfg:23
included from ~add-ons/The_Dark_Master/_main.cfg:42
hermestrismi wrote: May 8th, 2022, 7:44 pm
egallager wrote: May 8th, 2022, 7:26 pm I get these console messages from this campaign:

Code: Select all

20220508 15:15:19 error deprecation: campaign id='wesnoth-The_Dark_Master' has extra_defines=ENABLE_ANCIENT_LICH has been deprecated and removed.; instead, use the macro with the same name in the [campaign] tag
20220508 15:15:19 error deprecation: campaign id='wesnoth-The_Dark_Master' has extra_defines=ENABLE_DEATH_KNIGHT has been deprecated and removed.; instead, use the macro with the same name in the [campaign] tag
20220508 15:15:19 error deprecation: campaign id='wesnoth-The_Dark_Master' has extra_defines=ENABLE_WOLF_ADVANCEMENT has been deprecated and removed.; instead, use the macro with the same name in the [campaign] tag
Weired but not the weirdest thing I encounter
Which BfW and which version of the game did you use?
Version 0.3.6n
- fixing a bug reported by Egallager
- fixing a bug reported by Hjalte
- fixing bugs related to save_id
- minor changes related to maps and gold
Note: some changes will not work with saved files
Note: all scenarios are playable but only sc. 01 to 27 have been tested roughly and improved (and have walkthroughs and secrets explanations )
TODO: animation and images revision and improving generally , items related issues
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Version 0.3.6n / 0.3.6na:
- fast fixing a computability issues with bfw 1.17 reported by Hjalte and egallager

Version 0.3.6o:
- more testing and balancing along the campaign (healing ability for the orcish shaman line...)
- two new types of attacks (lightning for the Rod of Justice, earth for the Oracle Shaman)
- focusing on sc. 28 to 31 (including the two optional sc. 29a,b and 30a,b): testing, balancing turns and gold, new events, improving or changing some maps, more challenges, balancing the two optional directions, walkthroughs and scenarios' secrets menu...
- chaotic gate event doesn't kill or plague leaders anymore
- spawning and resistance chaotic shifting are less random
- some animation and minor bugs fixing
Note: Unfortunately, some changes will not work with old versions (units changes)
TODO: animation and images revision and improving generally , items related issues, items picking system, music playlist
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

A huge re-work have been made in just one month.
For now, almost all scenarios not only playable (they were playable already since v 0.0.1) but also quasi balanced and roughly tested (on BfW 1.16.2 precisely) and only the three last sc. needs to be re-done for now.
I liked my own work really and I really hope to be accepted as part of the unofficial future-timeline to fill the gape of almost a millennia and to be a string attaching many legendary campaigns (if their creators accept that, including (but not only) Genesis, LotI, AtS, UtbS, IftU, Shadows of Deception and the two versions of The Dark Horde (the original uncompleted one and the completed one which I published on BfW 1.12).
If you liked this campaign with its Easter Eggs, surprises, random events and challenges, you can help improving it by:
- Bug and balance reports,
- Advises and suggestions,
- Images and animations and especially the story (like the new journey coordinator) and attack-animations (graphic artwork isn't my strength point),
- Ideas like traps and puzzles will be welcomed,
- Story liability checking and matching with previous mentioned campaigns (I did that many time but still ...).
Also, some other ideas might be added like a menu-items for music playlist or a pickup items after-death of some units (some existing items already needs to be re-worked)
- Revising the AMLA's sytem of heroes and special units, ...
and I m open to other idea
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Version 0.3.6p:
- more testing and balancing along the last part of the campaign (abilities, events...)
- focusing on sc. 32,32a and 32b (including adding a new sc.): testing, balancing turns and gold, new events, improving or changing some maps, more challenges, but no new walkthroughs and scenarios' secrets menu for them and no language or story check for them, yet...
- new action: ADDING A NEW MENU-ITEMS contain an option for the player to choose between all tracks I found on bfw 1.2 (and with the name of each add-on where I found the track)
- spawning units adjusted to be more hard as the number of turns is increased
- some animation (new sound and animation for the Union attack) and minor bugs fixing (some amlas was display only one...)
Note: Unfortunately, some changes will not work with old versions (units changes, menu_items...)
TODO: animation and images revision and improving generally , items related issues, items picking system, adding more choices to the music playlist menu
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Version 0.3.6pa:
- quick fixing of a bug caused by typo (transition points on a map)

Version 0.3.6q:
- more testing and balancing along the last part of the campaign (abilities, events...)
- focusing on sc 32a, 32b and 33: balancing turns and gold, adding their walkthroughs and scenarios' secrets menu and language...
- improving the NEW MENU-ITEMS of music playlist and adding a new track from bfw 1.2
Note: Unfortunately, some changes will not work with old versions (units changes, menu_items...)
TODO: animation and images revision and improving generally , items related issues, items picking system, adding more choices to the music playlist menu, trying to lightened the saves (I found many unclear variables), adding some units to the demon faction or more traits
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Sorry
A stupid typo just before updating 0.3.6q caused a bug (related to the new menu key for the music playlist)
it was now fixed and 5 more tracks from BfW1.2 have been added
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Verion 0.4.0:
BEGENNING OF THE NEXT STEP OF THE IMPROVEMENT
- adding a credit file .txt
- adding 6 demons units
- adding a campaign linked story (Eternal Kingdom) with extra hero if finished
hermestrismi

Re: The Dark Master

Post by hermestrismi »

Verion 0.4.1:
- adding a campaign linked story (An Elvish Scout) with extra hero if finished
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

I cant start campaign this error appears.
Attachments
The_Battle_for_Wesnoth_-_1.16.3_18.06.2022_17_12_56.png
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Rendy55 wrote: June 18th, 2022, 3:47 pm I cant start campaign this error appears.
Thank you for the report
but, before . may I ask you if you downloaded 'the dark master project resources'?
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Rendy55 wrote: June 18th, 2022, 3:47 pm I cant start campaign this error appears.
edit: and what version of the dark master exactly ?
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

hermestrismi wrote: June 18th, 2022, 4:00 pm
Yes i have downloaded resources
Version 0.4.3b
Attachments
Bitva_o_Wesnoth_-_1.16.3_18.06.2022_21_19_17.png
Bitva_o_Wesnoth_-_1.16.3_18.06.2022_21_17_03.png
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Rendy55 wrote: June 18th, 2022, 7:23 pm
Version 0.4.3b
I updated a new version with deleted refrence
can you upload it and tell me if it works? (since I didn't see this error on my precedent version)
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

hermestrismi wrote: June 18th, 2022, 7:37 pm
Version 0.4.3b
can you upload it and tell me if it works? (since I didn't see this error on my precedent version)
To explain . some errors doesn't appear on my board even if they exist (even when I check the log). The only way to catch them is by reports from other players
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

hermestrismi wrote: June 18th, 2022, 7:37 pm
Version 0.4.3b
Its working now,thanks for fast solve of this issue.