[DiD] — Descent into Darkness Help

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

BlastMastr

[DiD] — Descent into Darkness Help

Post by BlastMastr »

I've hit a confusing part in this campaign that I otherwise love. I looked for help in old threads but it seems that the campaign has been updated at some point and I can't even find anybody addressing this part of the mission—the way the wiki describes this chapter doesn't even sound remotely similar. Spoilers ahead for those who don't want to read:
Spoiler:

Thanks in advance to any replies. I started playing this game a couple weeks ago in quarantine and I am completely hooked and hooked several of my friends as well. They still have their jobs so they can't play me in multiplayer every minute of the day, but they try :D
BlastMastr

Re: [DiD] — Descent into Darkness Help

Post by BlastMastr »

ok I figured out how to use the items and it helped me survive a few more rounds, but still ultimately having the same problem
Spoiler:
BlastMastr

Post by BlastMastr »

welp i feel dumb. it took me a zillion hours but i figured it out...
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

BlastMastr wrote: April 29th, 2020, 5:36 pm welp i feel dumb. it took me a zillion hours but i figured it out...
For anyone else who might have the same problem in the future, what was your solution?
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
BlastMastr

Post by BlastMastr »

Here you go:
Spoiler:
WaylanderAG

Post by WaylanderAG »

There is another, similar way.

Oh. And I think there are 4 chests.
Spoiler:
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

I don't know how you lot keep mentioning Dark Adepts here when the campaign doesn't allow you to recruit them anymore. I have even checked the code. There's no mention of anything related to recruiting DAs in S9 of DiD.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
racat

Post by racat »

I'm unable to recruit Dark Adepts in this campaign, including on the Descent into Darkness scenario mentioned. In fact, I'm not able to recruit any units at all, only recall. I lost a number of units previously so I'm not sure I can beat the dragon without playing earlier scenarios again.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

I'm unable to recruit Dark Adepts in this campaign
Yes, the revision/rework adjusted the plot to not allow dark adept recruitment anymore.
In fact, I'm not able to recruit any units at all, only recall
I am not sure what scenario you are one. Can you tell me the scenario name so I can offer some context?
Some scenarios in this campaign disable recruitment for plot purposes.
I lost a number of units previously so I'm not sure I can beat the dragon without playing earlier scenarios again.
Your main character/leader unit alone has enough fire power to devastate the dragon without any assistance. Do not let fear consume you. Chill-blast that dragon.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
racat

Post by racat »

I was on the eponymous 'Descent into Darkness' scenario. It turns out you were right. I was able to get enough skeletons using the runes to whittle away at the dragons health until I could take it out with the chill wave!