Era of Four Moons

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Xara

Re: Era of Four Moons

Post by Xara »

Hi, Velensk.

Here are the simplied Chinese(ZH_CN) translation of Era of the Four Moons and two of its campaigns -- Salt War and Panther Lord.
Attachments
add-ons.rar
(207.74 KiB) Downloaded 587 times
It pronounces Sha'ha, not Zara.

Feedback Thread of my Add-ons
Xara

Post by Xara »

And the translation of Swamp Witch's Curse.
Attachments
translations.rar
(35.63 KiB) Downloaded 587 times
It pronounces Sha'ha, not Zara.

Feedback Thread of my Add-ons
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Thanks for doing this.

Though I still need to get the other translations into place.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Just wondering, why do some units have 'variations' that seem to be exactly the same? (Looking at the 'Help' there.)
Darklanders: Beastman, Malice of the Gods, Serpent, Viper
Statesman: Alchemist, Turtle

And some naming inconsistencies for the Shifters:
There are two units called Shifter and two units called Wilderman. But one for each of them is actually the unit in the 'Ram'-form and they are probably supposed to be called Shifter(Ram) and Wilderman(Ram).
Also the 'bear' and 'wolf' variants are written lowercase, while the other two are written uppercase.

EDIT: The description of the ability 'hex' says 'undeads', but it should be 'undead'.

EDIT 2: Is it intended that the 'hex' effect is not cleared upon finishing a scenario? Also, I can't get rid of it in the next scenario...
PL-Guild Law-Auto-Save6.gz
(66.91 KiB) Downloaded 582 times
(Leveling up get's rid of the effect, but you keep the icon.)

EDIT 3: Spiker (Imperialist) description: 'One of the [...] tactics it to produce...' -> is

EDIT 4: Catamarans (Darklander) XP needed for AMLA seems to be a bit off. It's 150XP, while the usual amount for a (max) level 2 unit seems to be 80XP. Even for level 3 units it's only 100XP after all.
(And the Herb Spirits XP is off the charts.)

EDIT 5: The unit the 'Hoplite' (lvl 2 Imperialist) advances to, is lvl 2 as well. (Phalanx, lvl 2 Imperialist)
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Just downloaded this and it looks cute so far. With so many eras it is inevitable there will be overlap, the hippo rider is also in the Lavinian Legion :) And the Highlanders have a lot in common with the Natives of another era (geez I am playing so many of them concurrently I can't remember names <grin>).

Anyways! So I found two small grammar errors. The Highlander Runner desc. says "are renown" that should be "are renowned". The same in races.cfg.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Another small problem found. The hippo has fist.ogg for both hit and miss. Confusing. Suggest club-miss.ogg for misses. Also club.ogg is a meatier hit sound than fist. Being rammed by a hippo ought to sound big. BTW Hippos have a fearsome bite with huge tusks in their mouths (look like fangs), wondering why they don't bite instead?

Ditto for the elephants, they have the identical problem.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

Thanks to Konrad I found a second error in the Spiker desc. slings have -> slings and have

Also a query regarding why the choices for factions are 4 std moon, 4+4 experimental, High levs and then all 8 plus default? There really ought to be a choice for playing the 4 better tested factions vs default factions. Also the dunefolk should be included in all addon eras using the default factions.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

Hmmm just tried the extended version with all 8 factions. It gives a non-fatal error regarding invalid wml with wardrums ability missing or something like that. Unsure if that breaks anything or not. Sounded like the ability would simply be broken.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

Piper unit of the Pygmies is missing a knife sound.
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Atreides wrote: June 17th, 2020, 11:28 pm Hmmm just tried the extended version with all 8 factions. It gives a non-fatal error regarding invalid wml with wardrums ability missing or something like that. Unsure if that breaks anything or not. Sounded like the ability would simply be broken.
I've had that happen, too. I suspect that the Elephant unit may be the culprit.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

It's been a long time since i worked on this but I'd actually been playing around with it. And I've got a new version available. Mostly code fixes (to get rid of the wardrums errors, make it and saga work) but there are a few minor balance changes I decided to make as well.

0.5.5:
Fix wardrums and saga abilities:
Both these ability were relying on iterators they never initialized
The wardrums ability used to help enemies as well as allies.
Fix Phalanx to be level 3
Whites:
warder -> 12 gold
warrior 39hp ->40hp
scout 30hp -> 34hp, cost 15->16
terror_rider hp 36->39
Freemen:
wanderer hp 34->35
Dalefolk:
Shifter human form, movement 5->6
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

So after uploading this to 1.16 I noticed that they changed the way liminal worked so I already went back and made a new version with a slew of changes to the pygmies damage values to account for the fact that liminal now makes them stronger instead of weaker.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

Thanks! I "backmerged" the wardrums to my 1.14. The Phalanx too.

Noticed that the dagger-swish.ogg error was still there so I merged my 1.14 fix into my 1.16 copy. Oh and one of the pygmies is missing a knife attack animation.

P.S. Hadn't thought of the liminal change affecting custom eras! Not many use them, e.g. Forgotten Legends has a couple only. (Relieved that no era I've ported has them... :- )
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Because of a change to the name of variations the shifter is currently broken. I'll address this and make a few other changes when I get a chance but I'm posting this just to note that I'm aware of the issue.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Velensk wrote: January 26th, 2022, 10:59 pm Because of a change to the name of variations the shifter is currently broken. I'll address this and make a few other changes when I get a chance but I'm posting this just to note that I'm aware of the issue.
variation_name is now "what the user sees" and the variation_id= is used to switch variations. A fast and quick fix is just mass substitution of variation_name= to variation_id=.
Alternately, copying the fix from Ageless Era works as well.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium