[race] lacking plural

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

[race] lacking plural

Post by Velensk »

So I was recently making an effort to fix up Era of Four Moons for publishing on the new stable version. I was able to fix some lingering issues in the code, remove macros that had been removed from the new version and the like. For the most part, everything seemed to be working except for one small non-gameplay threatening issue.

When I load up the era on a windows machine I get several instances of the warning "[race] is lacking a plural_name"

The issue is, I can't figure out why this warning would be showing up when my era is loaded because I've checked every race in the era and they all have a plural_name field. Does anyone know if there was any kind of change between 1.14 and 1.16 that would cause these warnings?
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Re: [race] lacking plural

Post by octalot »

It might be coming from another add-on, particularly if it's only showing up on one of your machines.

1.17.0 includes the [race]id in that error message, added in #6282. I didn't backport it to 1.16.2 because an unfortunate side-effect of making the warnings more useful is that more of them are shown in-game - these messages go through the logging mechanism that discards duplicate messages. Making them useful also makes them unique, they are no longer duplicates.