How about showing your worst luck in game?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Yomar

Re: How about showing your worst luck in game?

Post by Yomar »

Maybe people should stop using the word race in certain contests, we are all humans the physical differences are the result of adaptation to various environments and climatic contitions, the rest are cultural ones, so maybe ethnicity, would be a better word.

*"Different groups of humans are never apart long enough for genetic differences to add up. Human DNA is too similar to split us into subspecies or races. So we can't use biology to sort people into groups like we can with animals."
Beholded Wesnoth's Origins.
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Pagawan

Post by Pagawan »

gaojicainiao wrote: January 1st, 2022, 3:55 pm
Pagawan wrote: December 7th, 2021, 11:01 am
gaojicainiao wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 1:08 pm By the way, on China's Internet we have a funny saying: we call the people who have poor luck as “African chief”, “black face”, or directly "African". We call the people who have very good luck as “European lord”, “white face”, or directly “European”. (It's not discrimination, we have no such words in dictionarys.) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Here is an African chief‘s record. He is “ziyecheng” (a Chinese), my net friend.
What a negative stereotype this is... I have heard of ignorance in racism but wth!
I am sorry about it. Trust me, we Chinese really have no meaning of verbal aggression about these words.
We are yellow race, almost all Chinese are yellow race, you can understand it as “a little black” or “a little white” :P . Some of us are blacker or whiter. And we have no historical reason to regard African people as enermy, or European people as comrade. So we are neutral. We have no habit of using these words to call foreigners.
I understand that western countries have historical reason which cause different humanity nowadays and people are sensitive about this topic.
At the least, personally, I don't think black means ugly and certainly unlucky. I am a Northerner player, I love orcs . I don't hate their dark skin. I love dark night.
I totally understand... There are people who have not been exposed/experienced negative profiling. I always try to find out the INTENT in the content before judging...
But any knowledgeable person should avoid this types of narratives...
Loading Advertisement
Kruggov

Post by Kruggov »

The worst luck moment for me was in Legend of Wesmere's "The Chief Must Die" scenario. At one point during the mission, an enemy Direwolf Rider attacked Landar (an Avenger, who had 80% defense due to events of that scenario) from shallow water tile (so they had 20% defense). Guess what happened - the damn goblin hit every single 20% hit, while dodging every single of Landar's counters. That's eight 20% outcomes in favor of that goblin, folks - a whole 0,000256% chance of that happening. Thankfully, it didn't cause me to lose, as Landar still had health to spare, but it did cause me unleash a torrent of expletitives that i'm pretty sure the entire appartment heard.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Kruggov wrote: March 19th, 2022, 6:29 pm The worst luck moment for me was in Legend of Wesmere's "The Chief Must Die" scenario. At one point during the mission, an enemy Direwolf Rider attacked Landar (an Avenger, who had 80% defense due to events of that scenario) from shallow water tile (so they had 20% defense). Guess what happened - the damn goblin hit every single 20% hit, while dodging every single of Landar's counters. That's eight 20% outcomes in favor of that goblin, folks - a whole 0,000256% chance of that happening. Thankfully, it didn't cause me to lose, as Landar still had health to spare, but it did cause me unleash a torrent of expletitives that i'm pretty sure the entire appartment heard.
And you've been dining out on that story ever since. ;-)

(no I am not saying you made it up - ^ that's just an old joke (probably too old...))
bubhead

Post by bubhead »

They all targeted her :/
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 10.55.36 PM.png
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

bubhead wrote: May 12th, 2022, 10:23 pm They all targeted her :/
Did she survived? :whistle: :whistle:
Because, it happen to me once take two turns to kill an encircled boss who have 1hp already :x :x