Children of the Dust [SP campaign for BfW1.14]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

skeptical_troll

Re: Children of the Dust [SP campaign for BfW1.14]

Post by skeptical_troll »

Hello adventurer!
DrakeAdventurer wrote: January 15th, 2022, 6:14 pm Finishing "The Enemies Meet" I was told that I would start the next scenario with +100 gold. But the next scenario, not counting a dialogue-only scenario, I started with 120 gold. It seems hard to believe that the minimum gold is 20.
After that scenario dwarves and aragwaithi part ways, so that carryover refer to the next dwarf scenario. The scenario with aragwaithi only always starts with default gold.
DrakeAdventurer wrote: January 15th, 2022, 6:14 pm At the end of The Gates of Aerthelka, if Formythlin tries to exit before Wahlort, he says "I can't leave! I must stay close to the gate until everyone has entered" or some such
You need to use the right-click menu and order Formythlin to close the gate while he's there. It's written in a note in the objectives, but perhaps I can make it more clear in a dialog or something.
Hope this helps!
saturday

Post by saturday »

Playing BfW 1.16.2 and CotD 1.0.5 (normal difficulty), the program always crashes on turn 5 of The orcs have returned.

If I don't move any units on the turn there is no crash, but if I do move during the turn the program always crashes while side 4 is active
skeptical_troll

I was trying to replicate the crush but I couldn't. Do you have a savefile from the beginning of that scenario? If so if you send it to me I can check if it's dependent to something happened beforehand in the campaign. Otherwise it might be some deeper bug related with the particular operative system you are using, in which case I wouldn't be able to help. The weird thing is that nothing special should happen on turn 5 :hmm:
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

Campaign choosing screen:
millennary -> millenary
(I was actually really puzzled about this one since it's correct to say 'millennial', 'millennia' (with double 'n'), but it turns out that this one you spell with only one 'n'.)
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/millenary

S1 intro:
...nations in the underground where... -> ...were

S1 ending sequence:
Walhort -> Walohrt

S2:
worshiping -> worshipping

The campaign looks cool so far, I'm looking forward to playing the rest of it.

EDIT:
S6 intro:
Walhort -> Walohrt
skeptical_troll

Hi EarthCake, thanks for the corrections! :)
EarthCake wrote: July 17th, 2022, 9:43 pm millennary -> millenary
(I was actually really puzzled about this one since it's correct to say 'millennial', 'millennia' (with double 'n'), but it turns out that this one you spell with only one 'n'.)
right, and know that I see its definition, it seems that's now quite the word I needed here. It seems to be a false friend with a word in my language, so I'll replace it with 'ancient' , 'glorious' or something like that. Thanks!