Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

dwarftough

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by dwarftough »

NMerz wrote: December 10th, 2021, 5:43 am I believe I have found an issue with the redeem special (always failing) when combined with horrid.

I will include a save where this occurs with Lethalia, but key triggers are:
1) Lethalia has the horrid special for ranged attacks (from Tracking the Lost Knowledge; removing it fixes the problem)
2) The above does not cause an issue until the redeem upgrades to the next level (and, presumably, is readded as a special?).
3) Afterwards, the following section (from redeeming.cfg) appear to operate on the horrid special, not the redeem special, and this causes the alway-failing behavior.

Code: Select all

[set_variables]
            name=redeem_level_raw
            mode=replace
            [split]
                list=$weapon.specials.damage.id
                key=identified
                separator=" "
                remove_empty=yes
            [/split]
        [/set_variables]

Removing and
Indeed, I've documented this bug
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

white_haired_uncle wrote: January 5th, 2022, 1:24 am BTW, when you speak of "cumulative" or "stack", it may help to clarify whether you mean from one and/or more units.
I talk about cumulative in the sense of https://wiki.wesnoth.org/AbilitiesWML
cumulative: if set to 'yes', this ability will be cumulative with the base value for this ability.
dwarftough wrote: January 5th, 2022, 1:26 am 4) May be related to #3, I never figured out the full pattern -- some penetration work "differently" if the resistance ends up negative. I really don't remember the details here, but I think I saw an enemy unit with some trait that gave them double resistance against cold(?) on defense, and then when my penetration dealing unit(s) sent her cold resistance into negative it got doubled [Again, I think this was Foul Pits].
Yes, resist penetration makes steadfast like abilities to work against their bearer, so the unit has 10% cold, steadfast makes 10%/20%, let's say you have 30% penetra, then it turns into -20%/-40% vuln. But if the unit had 0% or less cold, steadfast wouldn't be applied and the enemy would had just -30% (or less if he had <0%)

Btw, I thought penetration isn't cumulative, so the least one applied. That's probably about penetration from gear, maybe it should be fixed
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
masterpace

Post by masterpace »

To all jungle hell haters out there, I have finally found a way to cheese it, and it was way easier than I thought.
Spoiler:
ZIM

Post by ZIM »

Hi, just a quick question, does the Eternity's End mace intended to give blade penetration? I find it weird since the damage type is arcane, thus rendering the blade penetration useless.
Last edited by ZIM on January 7th, 2022, 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

ZIM wrote: January 7th, 2022, 3:27 am Hi, just a quick question, does the Eternity's End mace intended to give blade penetration? I find it weird since its damage type are arcane, thus rendering the blade penetration useless.
Seems so. But it still can be used, you place your unit with Eternity's End near the enemy and then your other guys with blade damage would have easier time to attack
ZIM

Post by ZIM »

dwarftough wrote: January 7th, 2022, 5:07 am
ZIM wrote: January 7th, 2022, 3:27 am Hi, just a quick question, does the Eternity's End mace intended to give blade penetration? I find it weird since its damage type are arcane, thus rendering the blade penetration useless.
Seems so. But it still can be used, you place your unit with Eternity's End near the enemy and then your other guys with blade damage would have easier time to attack
Oh, is that how it works? All this time I though it only affected the unit that have the penetration.

And also, is it intended that Sword Mage only require 48 exp point to advance? It seems a bit low for a level 2 unit
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

It's never been clear to me how the priorities work, but if you equip Rationality Gauntlets (set weapon to blade), probably after Eternity's End you might get blade damage for it (which may be a mistake, depending on where you are in the campaign).

And yes on penetration affecting other units. If you go back in this thread maybe less than 10 posts we were discussing how it works. In my last game, I used a couple Celestial Messengers who both had great cold penetration, and some Dwarf unit that did huge cold damage with huge success. The CMs didn't do much damage themselves, but they made the Dwarf incredibly powerful.
dabber

Post by dabber »

ZIM wrote: January 7th, 2022, 3:27 amHi, just a quick question, does the Eternity's End mace intended to give blade penetration? I find it weird since the damage type is arcane, thus rendering the blade penetration useless.
Blade penetrate can help your friends kill a lich, but if you have an arcane attack, you shouldn't need help. Given that Eternity's End is one of the worst maces, I would rate it as a mistaken decision, even if it was intentional.

Given the fluff text, I think it would be appropriate to add WEAPON_SPECIAL_SOUL_EXTRACTION (create ghost) and/or ABILITY_IMMUNE_TO_DRAIN to Eternity's End. Soul extraction can only be acquired via a rare book, so putting it somewhere else would be nice. It would still be a poor weapon, but at least it would do something noticeable.
KillStriker

Post by KillStriker »

Hello,

I'm running into an issue when I try loading part II. Im currently on across the burning suns, when I try loading it gives this message: Error while playing the game: Game_Error: Unknown unit type: Swordmaster

After not being able to figure out the fix I just re-installed it in case there was an issue while installing the game, but now im at the same spot and it gives the same error but for the Duke instead. Anyone happen to know what might be causing this issue? If it helps I'm using a MAC, and the Wesnoth is downloaded through steam. Thanks!

Edit: Also if I try going back and loading previous scenarios like "Who am I". It says: Unknown scenario: '02_Who_Am_I'
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

KillStriker wrote: January 12th, 2022, 11:15 pm Hello,

I'm running into an issue when I try loading part II. Im currently on across the burning suns, when I try loading it gives this message: Error while playing the game: Game_Error: Unknown unit type: Swordmaster

After not being able to figure out the fix I just re-installed it in case there was an issue while installing the game, but now im at the same spot and it gives the same error but for the Duke instead. Anyone happen to know what might be causing this issue? If it helps I'm using a MAC, and the Wesnoth is downloaded through steam. Thanks!

Edit: Also if I try going back and loading previous scenarios like "Who am I". It says: Unknown scenario: '02_Who_Am_I'
What addons do you have installed? What save causes this?
KillStriker

Post by KillStriker »

For addons I only have Genesis, Genesis Resources, IftU_Music (Not sure what that one is - I assume it came with one of the adding), Invasion of the Unknown, Legend of the invisibles, and Zombies Introduction.

As for the saves it was happening on any save I tried to load. Wether it was the most current save or just any save from the campaign. The saves that specifically causes the "Unknown Scenario" issue was any Beginning scenario save I.E. LotI2-Who Am I.GZ, Into the light etc. Just any save that takes you too the very start of the scenario.

Weird thing is I tried messing with it and whenever I take the duke's file out of the units folder and put it back it then save would load. So It's currently semi-working I just have to replace the 'Dukes' file each time I want to play it.

Thank you very much for your help!

Edit: Its now showing the same error unknown unit for my current save. But this time it says: Unknown unit type: Orcish Warmonger
and when I reload to the beginning of the scenario Another Orcish assualt it says: Unknown scenario: '01_Another_Orcish_Assault'
I've attached both save files it that helps.
Attachments
LotI2-Another Orcish Assault-Auto-Save1.gz
This is the file that shows "Unknown Unit type: Orish warmonger
(362.76 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
LotI2-Another Orcish Assault.gz
This is the file that says the scenario is unknown
(115.41 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

KillStriker wrote: January 13th, 2022, 8:15 pm
Strange, I can't reproduce... Btw, what versions of Wesnoth and LotI do you have?
KillStriker

Post by KillStriker »

Its wesnoth version 1.16.1
and LOTI: 3.2.7b

Yeah weird thing is that the error will show up each time I load the game but with a different unit. But then sometimes it will just let me in. Maybe its just my computer bugging out.
brot

Post by brot »

cant pick up items
[can_equip_item] not supported
error shows up

havent played for a while
has the update eaten my save?
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

brot wrote: January 17th, 2022, 5:34 pm cant pick up items
[can_equip_item] not supported
error shows up

havent played for a while
has the update eaten my save?
If you load the start of that scenario or proceed to the next one, it should be okay. Mid-scenario saves probably got eaten in terms of item picking, yes