Diplomatic Mission

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Pollution

Diplomatic Mission

Post by Pollution »

Hi everyone!
This is my first attempt at making a campaign in Wesnoth.

It's about a Dark Elven Prince sent on a diplomatic mission by his father, but what are the true reasons behind it?
It takes place during an unspecified period in Wesnoth.

I would like some feedback, especially for the dialogues and the story, as English isn't my first language (and accents are hard to write... :doh:).
It might take me some time to reply to you, but I'll do my best to be quick.
Thank you for your time! :D
Argesilao2

Re: Diplomatic Mission

Post by Argesilao2 »

Scenario 01_Darth_Syntax

row 6 is: map_data="{~add-ons/WML_Guide/maps/01_Darth_Syntax.map}"
must be change with: map_data="{~add-ons/Diplomatic_Mission/maps/01_Darth_Syntax.map}"

It might be interesting to animate the fires and put a sound source.

Scenario 02

The profile images of Akaanir and his father are very similar; I think you can improve the dialogue's aesthetics putting one profile on the right side of the screen when a character speak.

Scenario 03_Shipwrecked

After the encounter of Akaanir and Edwin objective become: Reach Edwin's Camp; well, where this camp is? It's odd Edwin don't know where his own camp is.
Pollution

Post by Pollution »

Hi, it's still me!
I just wanted to say that I have read the feedback you gave me and I am slowly fixing the campaign. Unfortunately, school has kept me very busy during these weeks, but now I have more time and I promise that in the next update I'll put some new scenarios.
Polly
P.S. I have recuited my brother to help me with this and he insisted I thanked him here. So, thanks you, themage, for annoying me until I do what I should do.
FreezeManRJ

Post by FreezeManRJ »

I received a message, when I tried to run it.

O seguinte add-on não pode ser carregado corretamente:
/home/tiago/.config/wesnoth-1.14/data/add-ons/Diplomatic_Mission/_main.cfg

Por favor, reporte isso para o autor ou o maintainer deste add-on.

Detalhes:

Macro/file '~add-ons/WML_Guide/maps/01_Darth_Syntax.map' is missing
at ~add-ons/Diplomatic_Mission/scenarios/01_Darth_Syntax.cfg:6
included from ~add-ons/Diplomatic_Mission/_main.cfg:86

Translating to English (my system language is Portuguese)

The following add-on can't be loaded correctly:
/home/tiago/.config/wesnoth-1.14/data/add-ons/Diplomatic_Mission/_main.cfg

Please, report it to the add-on author or the mantainer.Por favor, reporte isso para o autor ou o maintainer deste add-on.

Details:

Macro/file '~add-ons/WML_Guide/maps/01_Darth_Syntax.map' is missing
at ~add-ons/Diplomatic_Mission/scenarios/01_Darth_Syntax.cfg:6
included from ~add-ons/Diplomatic_Mission/_main.cfg:86
---
FreezeManRJ
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Themagestaizitto

Post by Themagestaizitto »

Hi, I am the brother of the author, Pollution.

We know how to fix the problem, but my sister can't make an update right now, because school is taking up all of her free time :( . She'll try to make make an update and to add new scenarios as soon as she can but it will probably take a while.
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

I noticed this topic and decided to try to run the campaign on Wesnoth 1.16.1.
That's my first suggestion: while you still are on the initial development stages of the campaign, you should move to the new 1.16 series, instead of being stuck on the 1.14.
The second problem is that there are a lot of missing macros errors that prevented me from starting the campaign.

Code: Select all

error preprocessor: Macro/file '~add-ons/WML_Guide/maps/01_Darth_Syntax.map' is missing at ~add-ons/Diplomatic_Mission/scenarios/01_Darth_Syntax.cfg:6
error preprocessor: Macro/file 'ABILITY_LEADERSHIP_LEVEL_2' is missing at ~add-ons/Diplomatic_Mission/units/dark-elves/Captain.cfg:18
error preprocessor: Macro/file 'ABILITY_LEADERSHIP_LEVEL_3' is missing at ~add-ons/Diplomatic_Mission/units/dark-elves/High_Lord.cfg:18
error preprocessor: Macro/file 'SOUND:SLOW' is missing at ~add-ons/Diplomatic_Mission/units/dark-elves/High_Lord.cfg:76
error preprocessor: Macro/file 'MAGENTA_IS_THE_TEAM_COLOR' is missing at ~add-ons/Diplomatic_Mission/units/dark-elves/King.cfg:8
error preprocessor: Macro/file 'ABILITY_LEADERSHIP_LEVEL_5' is missing at ~add-ons/Diplomatic_Mission/units/dark-elves/King.cfg:26
error preprocessor: Macro/file 'ABILITY_LEADERSHIP_LEVEL_2' is missing at ~add-ons/Diplomatic_Mission/units/dark-elves/Lord.cfg:17
error preprocessor: Macro/file 'SOUND:SLOW' is missing at ~add-ons/Diplomatic_Mission/units/dark-elves/Lord.cfg:72
error preprocessor: Macro/file 'ABILITY_LEADERSHIP_LEVEL_3' is missing at ~add-ons/Diplomatic_Mission/units/dark-elves/Marshal.cfg:19
error preprocessor: Macro/file 'ABILITY_LEADERSHIP_LEVEL_1' is missing at ~add-ons/Diplomatic_Mission/units/dark-elves/Noble.cfg:18
error preprocessor: Macro/file 'SOUND:SLOW' is missing at ~add-ons/Diplomatic_Mission/units/dark-elves/Noble.cfg:94
error preprocessor: Macro/file 'MAGENTA_IS_THE_TEAM_COLOR' is missing at ~add-ons/Diplomatic_Mission/units/dwarves/changed_Default_Dwarves_Mountian_King.cfg:14
error preprocessor: Macro/file 'ABILITY_LEADERSHIP_LEVEL_4' is missing at ~add-ons/Diplomatic_Mission/units/dwarves/changed_Default_Dwarves_Mountian_King.cfg:30
error preprocessor: Macro/file 'ABILITY_LEADERSHIP_LEVEL_4' is missing at ~add-ons/Diplomatic_Mission/units/humans/human-king.cfg:18
After fixing those, I got several non-fatal warnings in the stderr (do you know how to check it for errors on your system?) that should be fixed. Some of these are specific to 1.16, like the SPECIAL_NOTES and Giant Ant ones:

Code: Select all

warning preprocessor: Redefining macro WOUNDED_UNIT without explicit #undef at ~add-ons/Diplomatic_Mission/utils/unit-utils.cfg:135
    included from ~add-ons/Diplomatic_Mission/_main.cfg:83
    previously defined at core/macros/unit-utils.cfg:256
warning preprocessor: Redefining macro UNIT without explicit #undef at ~add-ons/Diplomatic_Mission/utils/unit-utils.cfg:368
    included from ~add-ons/Diplomatic_Mission/_main.cfg:83
    previously defined at core/macros/unit-utils.cfg:22
error deprecation: SPECIAL_NOTES has been deprecated and removed.; Use [special_note]note= tags or special_note= in an ability or weapon special to apply special notes.
error config: Multiple [unit_type]s with id=Giant Ant encountered.
warning unit: Unknown attribute 'disallow_recall' discarded.
Detected an image with bad dimensions: terrain/fire/fire-big-A01.png: 144x144
It will not be masked, please use: 72x72
error display: ~BLIT(): image not found: 'halo/blood-spray-1.png'
error display: ~BLIT(): image not found: 'halo/blood-spray-2.png'
error display: ~BLIT(): image not found: 'halo/blood-spray-3.png'
error display: could not open image 'attacks/immolate.png'
error display: could not open image 'attacks/potion.png'
warning filesystem: Conflicting files in binary_path: '/home/USER/.local/share/wesnoth/1.16/data/add-ons/Diplomatic_Mission/images/attacks/bow-elven.png' and '/home/USER/wesnoth-1.16/wesnoth/data/core/images/attacks/bow-elven.png'
warning filesystem: Conflicting files in binary_path: '/home/USER/.local/share/wesnoth/1.16/data/add-ons/Diplomatic_Mission/images/attacks/greatsword-human.png' and '/home/USER/wesnoth-1.16/wesnoth/data/core/images/attacks/greatsword-human.png'
warning filesystem: Conflicting files in binary_path: '/home/USER/.local/share/wesnoth/1.16/data/add-ons/Diplomatic_Mission/images/attacks/battleaxe.png' and '/home/USER/wesnoth-1.16/wesnoth/data/core/images/attacks/battleaxe.png'
warning filesystem: Conflicting files in binary_path: '/home/USER/.local/share/wesnoth/1.16/data/add-ons/Diplomatic_Mission/images/attacks/hatchet.png' and '/home/USER/wesnoth-1.16/wesnoth/data/core/images/attacks/hatchet.png'
Then, in the Shipwrecked scenario, after ending the first turn Wesnoth got stuck in an infinite loop (maybe caused by some AI stuff?). It forced me to kill the game from the terminal; however, I'm not sure why apparently this didn't happen to Argesilao2 on the 1.14 series.
Finally, you're using "DM" as your campaign's abbreviation and "#wesnoth-dm" as textdomain. These are both referring to the mainline campaign Delfadors' Memoirs, so to avoid confusion I'd suggest you to change them.
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)