vghetto port project

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Argesilao2

Re: vghetto port project

Post by Argesilao2 »

vghetto wrote: December 6th, 2021, 8:59 pm Alariels_Journey is a true gem. It is Genesis level good. It deserves to be on 1.16.
Let me know if those two interest you and I'll tell you where I screwed up and other things require fixing.
I love the little things that bring great happiness, like gems, gold nuggets, cashier's checks :lol: ; so I think I'll get to work with Alariels Journey.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Wonderful. Thank you!

Most of AJ's problems are in units and terrains.
Some units are missing animation frames. Other might need to be replaced by mainline ones, or use [base_unit].
I don't know if all of the units in AJ are used in game. It has a lot! Remove them, keep them. It's up to you.

These three need the ellipse to be ellipse=none
units/animals/aj_animal_alligator.cfg
units/animals/aj_animal_swampsnake.cfg
units/monsters/aj_monster_marker.cfg

As for the terrains, the main broken one is Qxuz. It's supposed to be an impassable abyss thing. It looks purple on the map and stands out like a sore thumb. The image itself is in purple :/

AJ includes UMC_Terrain_Pack as a dependency, but I'm not sure for what exactly. I'd prefer it removed if it's superfluous.

I don't know if you intend to port it and leave it as available or if you're claiming it.
In any case, I don't include my name (vghetto) in any of these mods. If you search for it, you won't find it. It only appears in the _server.pbl file.

If you decide to not claim it, I'll leave it up to you if you include your name to the credits.
But please include this line to the _server.pbl if it's still unclaimed
This upload is part of vghetto port project. and bump up the version to 1.0.2-2

If you do decide to claim it then the version would be 1.0.3 :)

What else is needed? The usual 1.16 things. SPECIAL_NOTES ^Uf etc.

Thanks again!
Argesilao2

Post by Argesilao2 »

Hi

I didn't know that the campaign had already been updated and uploaded for BfW 1.14, so I downloaded the version for BfW 1.12, and I started working on that, and, to say the truth, I found so many of that nonsense in the code that it amazes me that it worked. :o ... if it worked ...
Just an example: in one scenario, a unit was created with the tag [unit], and immediately thereafter a tag [modify_unit] was used to assign the portrait to the same unit. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Anyway, I have already fixed all the deprecated Macro in the units' file, I have placed the ellipses in the units you reported to me, and in some others, and I made UMC_terrain_pack unnecessary, coping from that mod a couple of terrain configuration.
Now I have started to test the campaign by playing it, to look for all the errors that usually do not immediately come up when launching the campaign, and from what I have already seen it will be a long job :annoyed: .

Apart from the complaints, the campaign is really nice ^_^
vghetto wrote: December 6th, 2021, 11:29 pm I don't know if you intend to port it and leave it as available or if you're claiming it.
In any case, I don't include my name (vghetto) in any of these mods. If you search for it, you won't find it. It only appears in the _server.pbl file.

If you decide to not claim it, I'll leave it up to you if you include your name to the credits.
But please include this line to the _server.pbl if it's still unclaimed
This upload is part of vghetto port project. and bump up the version to 1.0.2-2

If you do decide to claim it then the version would be 1.0.3 :)
I will port but I will not claim the campaign.

At the next ...
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

I am interested in reviving an old project of mine from the 1.10 days. Start of the War. Should be a fast port this time.
Ported Start of the War to 1.16. Need to do a follow patch as well as map code needs to adjusted to the new format, and some code adjustments. The campaign, however, plays from start to finish.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

I already ported AJ from 1.12 to 1.14. I was expecting you to port 1.14 to 1.16.
I don't know why you decided to take the long route.
Anyway in that case, I recommend you get 1.14 and compare it with 1.12 to see what else needs fixing.
If I remember correctly, 1.12 suffered from insta-defeats.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Glad to say the Wesband port is sort of finished for 1.14. I still need to do the testing.
More good news. It seems to run on 1.16 without any in-game warnings or problems, the console for 1.16 is a different matter. It is spammed all the way.

I'm not sure how to test it myself on online multiplayer. All I've tried so far was running it from local host.
Should I just put it on 1.14 and wait for feedback? I'm sure there are more lua errors lurking somewhere. I've dealt with all I could find on my own.

Edit:
Uploaded to 1.14. Fingers crossed. :whistle:

Edit2:
Screw it, I put it up on 1.16 as well.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

I created a github repo for Wesband.
https://github.com/virtualghetto/Wesband

Can someone please send me a copy of whatever these google drive files are supposed to be. I don't have a google account.

viewtopic.php?p=297126#p297126
viewtopic.php?p=565559#p565559

Anyone knows if there is an official Wesband repo out there?
I recreated my repo history from the older add-ons uploads.
It would be nice to have the full history.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

There seems to be 3 repos for Wesband
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Thanks.
Not what I was asking for though.

Those 2 are attempted ports from the 1.10 version. The third is mine. I was asking for a repo by one of the original authors that includes the entire history.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Way_of_Dragon uploaded to 1.14 and 1.16. It's an unfinished campaign.

I couldn't find the forum thread.

Code: Select all

Searched query: way of dragon

ignored: way of
eh, thanks.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

vghetto wrote: December 9th, 2021, 8:47 pm Way_of_Dragon uploaded to 1.14 and 1.16. It's an unfinished campaign.

I couldn't find the forum thread.

Code: Select all

Searched query: way of dragon

ignored: way of
eh, thanks.
LOL, yeah I've given up on the forum search. I do site:forums.wesnoth.org search_query on some search engine (duckduckgo woo! : )
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Should unfinished works be ported?
I know I do enjoy some of their story plots such as The Unstoppable Legion, Struggle for Freedom and The Rapine, but porting unfinished works over and over wouldn't just do them justice. Wish we could have endings for them. The intended endings, and not the TDH farce.

I got intrigued by the rapine but seems this campaign requires 2 dependencies to be done first so that's a no.

Is "The Devil's Flute" on the list? It was a nice one, with one heck of a finale. Surprised to not see it on the list.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

I only find out that the mod is unfinished while testing. And by the time I've hit that point, the port is already complete :lol:
I don't know any of these mods, I never played any of them before.

Hmm, the rapine has an era as a dependency. I think I'll drop it then. I hate working with eras/units.

My list is of mods that are on 1.12 and not on 1.14. devil's flute seems to be a 1.10 mod that didn't get to 1.12.
I didn't compile a list of those.

I'll add it to the list. If there any other 1.10s or older that you'd like to see, just let me know.

I started working on Return_of_the_Monster myself.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: December 9th, 2021, 9:59 pm The intended endings, and not the TDH farce.
The Dark Hordes isn't on 1.16. Now is your chance :)
The 1.12 is the original and 1.14 is the broken version, right? or is it earlier?
egallager

Post by egallager »

vghetto wrote: December 9th, 2021, 10:54 pm
Lord-Knightmare wrote: December 9th, 2021, 9:59 pm The intended endings, and not the TDH farce.
The Dark Hordes isn't on 1.16. Now is your chance :)
The 1.12 is the original and 1.14 is the broken version, right? or is it earlier?
I think it goes back farther than that...