(W.I.P.) BloodLust - SP campaign, with living weapons 1.12/1.14/1.16

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ptitboul

Re: (W.I.P.) BloodLust - SP campaign, with living weapons 1.12/1.14/1.15/1.16

Post by Ptitboul »

Now version 0.4.6.

It does not take into account all your feedback, but I am working on it.
The main changes is that the names of the three difficulties have changed: the easiest one is now called "normal" rather than easy. And the dialogues for this difficulty have changed, with a few additional elements that give more hints on how to succeed the most complex scenarios.

I made also some changes hoping that it would make the French translation work on iOS too, but I failed.
My campaign, Bloodlust, is is need of feedback!
Ptitboul

Post by Ptitboul »

Now version 0.4.8.
Bug corrections...

And version 0.4.9.
Other bug corrections, and small improvements.
Ptitboul

Post by Ptitboul »

A remark: the change between versions 0.4.4 and 0.4.5 when "soul eater" has been renamed "soul binding" breaks backward compatibility. I means that savegames from older version of BloodLust don't work well with the recent versions.
I am preparing version 0.5.0 which should be able to work with both.
Ptitboul

Post by Ptitboul »

Now version 0.5.1.

Lord Caradoc, mayor of Asgirath, is now wielding a living weapon, such that if you manage to kill him (which should not be feasible, but there might be some optimized way of playing this campaign I am not aware of) the scenario continues and you can take his weapon.

To implement this, I had to finalize the techniques that I will use to allow to start Part II with experienced weapon wielders without needing to play Part I, and therefore I needed to find a workaround for the issue I mentioned elsewhere (viewtopic.php?t=54808) which exists in versions 1.12 and 1.14.
This workaround is not perfect, you might see its imperfections when the first scenario of Part II will be available.
Ptitboul

Post by Ptitboul »

Now version 0.5.3
Bug corrections and small changes, cf. the CHANGELOG file.
Ptitboul

Post by Ptitboul »

Version 0.5.4.
Many changes to the AMLA for Stormbringer's wielder.
Some other minor changes.

Note that the version of BloodLust when the campaign is started is now stored in a variable.
I expect to use it to provide better upward compatibility, if someone starts BloodLust at a given version, updates the campaign, and continues with the updated version. I don't know really how to make it work, but at least I need this information.
I did not see if another campaign implemented something to help with upward compatibility when modifying the campaign.

Version 0.5.5.
Two new advancement paths for Stormbringer's wielder are implemented: path of poisons and path of protection.
Ptitboul

Post by Ptitboul »

Now version 0.6.0

Many changes in the implementation of how items are managed.
The main reason for these changes is the addition of shops in Asgirath (the town that you can visit in the optional scenario, numbered 4) where items that are not living weapons can be bought.
Currently, only two types of such items are available. I am aware that there are bugs in the current implementation of item management (e.g. one can currently wear an armor on top of another armor) but these bugs cannot be triggered with what is currently available for sale.

Another visible change is that the Unit Information menu (shift-i) does not contain item/backpack management anymore.
It is in a new menu dedicated to Backpack Management (shift-b).
This new menu also allows to pick items that are on the ground where the unit is located.

More technical details: the issue I mentioned elsewhere (viewtopic.php?t=54808) that appears with Wesnoth 1.12 and 1.14 is not fully solved with the current version of BloodLust. The consequence is that if a weapon wielder chooses an advancement that improves the weapon attack, this advancement is guaranteed to work only with Wesnoth 1.16.
In Part I of BloodLust, this issue is not very likely to appear, but in Part II where units will advance a lot more, this will be a problem.
I want to implement a workaround before publishing the first scenario of Part II.

Now version 0.6.1

The issue described above is solved: an AMLA that is designed to improve an attack created by the living weapon is now working with Wesnoth 1.12 and 1.14 (with the same trick as before: the advancement is converted to an object).

I am planning another change in the way improvements of attack work, because for the moment the effect caused by soul binding only apply to attacks that the unit had when the weapon is wielded, and not to attacks that appeared because AMLA were taken later. This should be the main change of the next version 0.6.2.
Spoiler:
In version 0.6.3, I am planning to add the path of knowledge to Stormbringer's AMLA. Only the path of undeath will still be missing.

Note also that I am aware that the menu for backpack management is not good-looking. In the future, I will implement in lua a better user interface... but it is complex because I want it to be usable also on a small smartphone.
Last edited by Ptitboul on January 2nd, 2022, 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ptitboul

Post by Ptitboul »

Now version 0.6.2.

Another bug is corrected: healing stuff, especially healing potions, did not work...
Ptitboul

Re: (W.I.P.) BloodLust - SP campaign, with living weapons 1.12/1.14/1.16

Post by Ptitboul »

Now version 0.6.3.

The path of knowledge is only half complete, but it already gives new interesting abilities.

Bug corrections in the unit Info menu which did not list the bonded souls anymore.

Small improvements of Warbaa and Anaklusmos.
zikcak

Post by zikcak »

how does one solve the trove scenario of bloodlust where is the library(playing bloodlust 1 on steam)
zikcak

Post by zikcak »

Is there a solution to trove as I am unable to finish it in any way
Ptitboul

Post by Ptitboul »

zikcak wrote: February 23rd, 2022, 4:32 pm Is there a solution to trove as I am unable to finish it in any way
Sorry, I did not have the time to look at the forum these last days.
Did you try to use the "help menu" (accessible with shift-h) which for each scenario gives some hints?
There should be enough information in this help to finish this scenario.

You can also upload a savegame, and I will see what seems the best strategy given your units.
Mathel

Post by Mathel »

Finished this.

Good and bloody campaign, I shall wait for part II.

Three issues:
1. Sting kills and replaces all units, not just foes. This includes allies and Wielders. When a Wielder is turned in this way, their Weapon is destroyed. (1.14)
2. There is no tell as to how to find the library in the Trove scenario. I had to search the .cfg file to find it. You may want to put some rubble or something similar there.

3. A minor one: The library kept throwing errors about the [filter_wml]. But the books were read anyway.
Attachments
BloodLust-The Trove Turn 91.gz
(125.6 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
bubhead

Post by bubhead »

Hello, I noticed that sometimes living weapons would randomly lose all of their attack. Do you know what's going on?
bubhead

Post by bubhead »

Like this living weapons normally has like 10 attack.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 11.55.04 AM.png