Wesnoth 1.14 on Android

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mergpijp

Re: Wesnoth 1.14 on Android

Post by Mergpijp »

- what model is your device
A tablet with model number: ZH960
- what version of Android it is running
I am running android 9.0
- which version of my port you are running
Im running the non-legacy version 1.14.12-57
- complete description of problem you’re having
Cant start the app getting the following error: Unfortunately, Battle for wesnoth stopped.
Stack trace: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen failed: could not load library "libcrypto_bfw.so" needed by "libssl_bfw.so"
caused by cannot locate symbol "sigfillset" referenced by "libcrypto_bfw.so"...
Hope you can help, many thanks.
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

So I reinstalled the app just to see if the problem is on my end. And the issue seems to persist. I have recently encountered a graphics glitch that messes up the team colors of units on the minimap. I posted a thread on it in technical issues and linked to the thread on the previous page. My tablet is the same as the first time. I sent a debug report.
gnomius

Post by gnomius »

Hi,

After the last update, I don't seem able to export saves anymore. I just get the "Export failed" error, nothing else. Any hint?

Thanks!
gnomius

Post by gnomius »

Just in case anyone has the same problem, I just found out that the Saves dir is in the following path:

/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/it.alessandropira.wesnoth114/files/.wesnoth1.14/saves

... so you can just copy the save files manually. Hope it helps!
joes

Post by joes »

I had a problem getting disconnected in multiplayer.
This happened on the official server within the first rounds, with AI opponent, no addons.
(screenshots of errors attached)

I sent a debug report 2021-02-07 10:22 UTC.

hardware:
Moto G 5S
Android 8.1.0

version info:
Spoiler:
Attachments
Screenshot_20210207-112240.png
Screenshot_20210207-112217.png
lutze79

Post by lutze79 »

Please help me!
I have a new Phone (Samsung Galaxy S20) and want to transfer my Data from the old one (Samsung Galaxy S9) to the new one. Savegames and Add-ons, especially the finished ones and that one i´m actually playing.
How can I do that?

I put the exported savegames at the right place (i think) on the new phone, but received a notice "No data to import".
And i can´t find any useful folders at the old phone.

Someone has an Idea?
Nunacenz

Post by Nunacenz »

it a bit hard to click on icons
twoway

Post by twoway »

Hi.
First of all, thanks for sharing your game source code.
I've already downloaded your game apk and it looks great for me.
But when installing this game on my smartphone, that tried to download data files from sourceforge.
This means if someone enjoy this game, he or she should connect to internet.
Could you please provide me a full apk that contains all data on it?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks.
Michael.
alep
Android Port Maintainer

Post by alep »

lea wrote: June 6th, 2020, 11:39 am could you please provide a link to android port of Wesnoth 1.10 ?
earliest version I can see on sourceforge is 1.12.0 :
https://sourceforge.net/projects/wesnot ... oid/files/
https://sourceforge.net/projects/wesnot ... es/1.10.7/
lea wrote: June 6th, 2020, 11:39 am also did you publish source code of your port of Wesnoth on someplace like github?
Nope, source is available in sourceforge.
lea

Post by lea »

thanks
any specific reason why is it not listed in https://sourceforge.net/projects/wesnot ... oid/files/ folder?
author of: Altered Era/Ruleset (AKA "Altera"), latest version is on add-ons servers for BfW 1.16 and 1.14, latest version also still supports BfW 1.12 and 1.10, 1.10 server is stuck with older buggy version)
romore

Post by romore »

I've just installed the latest 1.14.14-57 APK and in the game all .png buttons and pointers are shown in inverted colors. Is this a common problem?
jkrmnj

Post by jkrmnj »

Hi, I was looking at the source code on Sourceforge and had a question about where the files in "jni/prebuilt-armeabi-v7a" come from. If I understand correctly, the native methods in APSDL2.java link against the shared objects in there.

If I wanted to add new functions for the Java side to call, do they have to be implemented inside the source for those shared libraries or is there a way to call functions in the Wesnoth source directly from Java?
bardrogers

Post by bardrogers »

Silly question maybe, is it worth playing 1.14 or do I wait for whenever the 1.16 update comes to Android? That one seems to have some pretty important updates. Playing on PC not an option atm, or anytime soon.
MarcoAmara

Post by MarcoAmara »

Good news to see there is Wesnoth android app. This will make it easy while i am away at home.
Paul5678

Post by Paul5678 »

Thanks for the Android port; it works great on my Pixel 4. Mouse emulation is fine.
After playing for 2 hours on a long flight, I felt a lot of eyestrain. I couldn't tell what my units were unless I moused over them. I tried adjusting the resolution, but there's not a smaller option that fits my screen ratio. A zoom feature or some different resolution options would be welcome.
Thanks for your work on this!