A Song of the Winds (prequel to The Dragon Trilogy, SP Campaign for 1.14 & 1.15)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sadaharu

Re: A Song of the Winds (prequel to The Dragon Trilogy, SP Campaign for 1.14 & 1.15)

Post by Sadaharu »

In my playthrough I have reached Rage of the Winds and have gotten stuck:

Spoiler:
important edit, seven hours later:
Spoiler:
Hitherto it had been a lot of fun!
Sadaharu

Re: A Song of the Winds (prequel to The Dragon Trilogy, SP Campaign for 1.14 & 1.15)

Post by Sadaharu »

*sigh* now I'm stuck with the same bug at Valley of Shadows.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

I eventually used debug mode when, at Valley of Shadows, I killed the Dark Vortex and it fled and the scenario didn't end.

A Glimpse of the Darkness apparently went on properly, then at the end of Storm's Landfall I again ran into trouble with the Hathor unit:

Code: Select all

<Lua error> lua/wml-tags.lua:281: Error: Attempted to access an invalid music track.
stack traceback:
[C]: in metamethod '__newindex'
lua/wml-tags.lua:281: in local 'cmd'
lua/wml-utils.lua:145: in field 'handle_event_commands'
lua/wml-flow.lua:38: in local 'cmd'
lua/wml-utils.lua:145: in field 'handle_event_commands'
lua/wml-flow.lua:6: in function <lua/wml-flow.lua:5>
After that the scripted fight does not ensue. This happened when I first defeated Angra Mazda and then Kingu.

Also, in the next scenario (The High Kalian of Hiera'Shirsha), Hathor doesn't spawn and I can recall Sekmet directly as part of my eight units…
And in the following scenario (The Shipwright), regardless of whether I recalled Sekmet or not before, now she still is on the recall list and Hathor is not.

I'll try to see what happens if I defeat Kingu first and Angra Mazda second back in Storm's Landfall.

Edit, 6-12-2021: I defeated Kingu first and Angra Mazda second (it was a chore to just keep the dwarves and elves getting slaughtered there) and the same happened. Something is failing to trigger, so no cutscene and no storing the Hathor/Sekmet character for later scenarios. I suppose playing subsequent scenarios with a permanently unleashed Sekmet might be fun, like that old version of Trinity where you could send Nemesis out onto the field herself, but I suspect it'll just break further down the line.

Second edit, same day: I have ‘scouted ahead’ the next scenario. The Saurians are problematic. Their leader in the right/west camp is left alone to his own devices so by turn 5 or 6 I can sneak in Maat or Raika through the nearest village (captured by an Emissary) and kill him right then; this is because all or almost all the other saurians race ahead to try to take the humans' beach.
Also, the ‘Saurian Seer’ unit works alright but its entry in the Help automatically redirects back onto the game, whether by pressing D while hovering the mouse over him or by manually searching for the entry under ‘Saurians’. :(
But, hey, the events trigger properly in this map. :)
Eric143

Post by Eric143 »

Thank you, Revansurik, for this campaign and the Dragon Trilogy. I really enjoyed them (enemies, stories, characters... all is very good! Also I sometimes find the characters of those campaings too childish).

I played this one two times: on medium and hard, both with wesntoh 1.14.9. Here are some notes I've taken on bugs or things I find strange:
Spoiler:
If you don't hear anything behind you, then a child - or a cat - is doing some foolish thing. Either that, or a Ninja is sneaking behind you. I wonder which one is worse.
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Good news everyone (and also I'm back), I've finally managed to edit the scenario 'Valley of Shadows.cfg' to make triggered victorious.
How to:

I already known that many people having trouble with scenario Valley of Shadows so far. I hope someone who can port this campaign 1.16 in the future.
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

I already known that many people having trouble with scenario Valley of Shadows so far. I hope someone who can port this campaign 1.16 in the future.
I know that Inky's working on a port of it for the 1.16 branch. I wonder if she made any progress.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: March 21st, 2022, 5:35 pm I know that Inky's working on a port of it for the 1.16 branch. I wonder if she made any progress.
Yeah, I already see what she says on different topic in the past...

Edit (30-03-2022):
Dark of the Sun, Part II
When I awaken Sekmet (but haven't tried in all campaign Part 4 scenarios), does triggers defeat. I'm not sure what supposed to be intended...

Savannah Winds
How could trigger completing alternative objective in the southwest? I've tried Maat to keep her idle for 3 turns in SW as many times, but doesn't work for me... :(
War of the Soul
This also was a bit too easy for my taste. Enlil, Verthandi and Maat are so strong that the opponent Asuri fall like flies, even without the additional Ugallu units. I would suggest to make this either a story-only scenario or make the battle a bit more balanced.
In the final dialog, an error appears: "<Invalid WML found> Unknown conditional wml: [filter_second]"
Doesn't happen to me, I'm playing on Wesnoth 1.14.16...

The Final Age
Something is wrong here, after slaying Kaliyuga with any unit, doesn't encounter the Outro dialogue and Hathor doesn't putted in the next scenario.
Edit 5th April:
Last edited by Major_Swampy on April 4th, 2022, 6:45 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Thanks, Major_Swampy! The victory now does trigger correctly. :)
Major_Swampy wrote: March 21st, 2022, 5:30 pm5 ) In victory_when_enemies_defeated=no, replace no with yes
This is on line 7 of the .cfg file.

The fix works perfectly and I am ashamed that I did not spot it myself when I read through the file.
Not to self: do check things such as the ‘victory’ line instead of taking it for granted.
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Ascension
Well, something happened after conversation with Agniballi and the scenario doesn't end... :(
Bug Lua Error.png
Bug Lua Error.png (129.11 KiB) Viewed 7700 times
I have no idea how to solve it, maybe I should use debug mode.
Edit:
Epilogue
Spoiler:
Anyway, that's the last of this campaign, so I'll give rating 7/10. But I'm just a bit speechless. And I bring the campaign stats:
Spoiler:
I wanna to say thanks to all your effort and I'm off to play another campaign...
Spoiler:
I'll probably miss Maat, Abhai, Sunna, Deianara, Hathor, and Raika. Well, it's for me to move on to the next one. :D
Regards, Swampy.

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

S4
line 222: y=29 -> y=28

As you wish, Lady Gil-Gawien -> As you wish, Lady Gil-Gawien.

ASotW is using different leadership values for the ability 'inspire' than ASoF does (and the values do not match with the description of the ability).
Compare the files asotw-abilites, and asof-abilites (both are in the respective utils folder).

And would probably way less messy if 'inspire' was organized the way the leadership macro is in mainline.

(If someone put in some time, one might check how much overlap there is between the files of the 4-5 campaigns, so maybe one could remove them from the 4-5 add-ons and move them into one resources addon... Just saying.)

EDIT:
Missing attack images:
Ekimmu (race)
Reborn and advancements (claws)

Humans (race)
High Priest (touch of the void, stellar winds)

S10 doesn't end after completing the scenario objectives. (It doesn't end at all.)
Attachments
ASotW-Valley of Shadows-Auto-Save17.gz
enemy leader alive
(114.49 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
ASotW-Valley of Shadows-Auto-Save18.gz
enemy leader dead, but no win
(113.4 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

(If someone put in some time, one might check how much overlap there is between the files of the 4-5 campaigns, so maybe one could remove them from the 4-5 add-ons and move them into one resources addon... Just saying.)
I dont know how he keeps screwing his work over like that. I am checking it and I see he just copy pasted WoL's macros files. I mean since they already there, might as well refactor and get rid of excess clutter.
S10 doesn't end after completing the scenario objectives. (It doesn't end at all.)
Start of scenario save? I cannot patch if I cannot get a testing sample to check.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Oh, I see what the fool did. Scripted kill so the die event did not even fire. Fixed.
LT2310

Post by LT2310 »

Hello, I've been enjoying ASotW for a while, but I seem to have a problem playing at scenario 'Convergence'.
When the scenario started, I saw that I didn't have Abhai at my keep, and none of his lines were printed on screen.
Is this normal and have no problem continuing the scenario?
If not, what can I do to take care of this problem?
Attachments
화면 캡처 2023-01-09 225002.jpg
LT2310

Post by LT2310 »

Oh, two more things.
I opened up the scenario codes and found out that I also had Hathor missing on the scenario.
Also, after finishing the scenario 'Fields of Fire', I saw a script lke something about 'invalid location to move unit'.

Hope you have a useful advice to help me, I'm really fond of the story and the gameplay.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Upload your save file here?
I cannot inspect it without a save file. There's a lot of code in the file so need to be sure what exactly causes it.
(1.16.x save files)