Abandoned Add-ons - Need Maintainers - Open to Anyone

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

vghetto

Re: Abandoned Add-ons - Need Maintainers - Open to Anyone

Post by vghetto »

Alariel's Journey is amazing, how was this missed?!
I'm porting it 1.14. I'll put it out the 1.16 version soon.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

vghetto wrote: November 25th, 2021, 4:27 pm Alariel's Journey is amazing, how was this missed?!
I'm porting it 1.14. I'll put it out the 1.16 version soon.
Abandoned, perhaps. The sequel post dropped dead later.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

vghetto wrote: November 25th, 2021, 1:00 pm
Sadaharu wrote: November 25th, 2021, 4:39 am I'm checking the 1.12 addons directly from 1.12 before the server is disabled.

I'd love to see Alariel's Journey and The Amaranthine Stone ported to 1.16.
Also, I've just found a campaign called The Blind Sentinel - The Underness Series II. It might be worth the 60-odd MB of extra disk space.
I can look into them for you.
Thanks! Drop us a line when you do so, Alariel's Journey and The Amaranthine Stone are some of my personal favourites.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

vghetto wrote: November 25th, 2021, 1:00 pm I can look into them for you.
FTR, The Underness Series was created by WhiteWolf, who is still active on the forums.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Konrad2 wrote: November 26th, 2021, 2:39 am FTR, The Underness Series was created by WhiteWolf, who is still active on the forums.
Yes, thank you. That's why I'm delaying porting those.

I'm almost done with Alariel's Journey for 1.14. I've encountered some minor hiccups with unit animation and terrains. (missing images). I'm currently focused on the scenarios and macros, zero problems there.

I don't know about the state of UMC_Terrain_Pack. It's on 1.14 but not on 1.16. Anyone knows who uploads that or when the 1.16 version will be put out?
That's the main hold back for uploading AJ to 1.16.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

vghetto wrote: November 26th, 2021, 10:07 am

I'm almost done with Alariel's Journey for 1.14. I've encountered some minor hiccups with unit animation and terrains. (missing images). I'm currently focused on the scenarios and macros, zero problems there.

I don't know about the state of UMC_Terrain_Pack. It's on 1.14 but not on 1.16. Anyone knows who uploads that or when the 1.16 version will be put out?
That's the main hold back for uploading AJ to 1.16.
I did make a port but haven't uploaded it yet. It's here.
Should I make it available?
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

I'd appreciate if you did.
Thanks

Edit:
AJ + music uploaded to 1.14
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

vghetto wrote: November 26th, 2021, 2:01 pmAJ + music uploaded to 1.14
Just downloaded… must spend the next few days weeks doing quality control.
Angelonius

Post by Angelonius »

I'm gonna revive The Scythia by HaChol.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Sadaharu wrote: November 26th, 2021, 12:11 am Thanks! Drop us a line when you do so, Alariel's Journey and The Amaranthine Stone are some of my personal favourites.
Amaranthine Stone uploaded to 1.14. I haven't tested it on 1.16 but it should be compatible.
I still haven't gone back to Alariel's Journey units or done the 1.16 upload. Sorry. I'll do that soon (tm)
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Eh, since I have yet to install BfW 1.16 soon™ myself, the install for 1.14 is nice enough.
fable_lake

Post by fable_lake »

Hello there

Does anyone know if "A Dwarvish Tale" is abandoned? This campaign is made by Crypto and I would like to get permission to be next maintaimer. Crypto was last active on the forum in 2012, is there any point in sending a question to him for ask permission to take over the project? Anyway the campaign was last updated in 2012 on 1.10 so I assume it is abandoned.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

fable_lake wrote: December 4th, 2021, 12:27 pm Hello there

Does anyone know if "A Dwarvish Tale" is abandoned? This campaign is made by Crypto and I would like to get permission to be next maintaimer. Crypto was last active on the forum in 2012, is there any point in sending a question to him for ask permission to take over the project? Anyway the campaign was last updated in 2012 on 1.10 so I assume it is abandoned.
Hi, it costs nothing to send him a p-mail but don't wait too long for an answer. ; )

Personally I'd consider anything from 1.12 and earlier unported to 1.14 to be abandoned.

1.14 is trickier of course. Some authors don't post (much or at all) and may be working on an update.
fable_lake

Post by fable_lake »

Atreides wrote: December 4th, 2021, 4:15 pm Hi, it costs nothing to send him a p-mail but don't wait too long for an answer. ; )

Personally I'd consider anything from 1.12 and earlier unported to 1.14 to be abandoned.

1.14 is trickier of course. Some authors don't post (much or at all) and may be working on an update.
Thank you for the reply, I already wrote to him about this. This is one of the most sentimental campaigns for me and I have very fond memories of it, I would love to port it tested for the latest versions of Wesnoth. I've already started working on it. :D
rogul

Post by rogul »

Hi,
I am interested in porting Elves Banding for War to 1.16, have pm'd the creator a few days ago, haven't heard back so will start on it, unless someone else is already doing it.