Affably Evil

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dwarftough

Re: Affably Evil

Post by dwarftough »

The_Gnat wrote: March 8th, 2021, 3:13 am Back to the point about the first scenario. I actually could not win it and ended up debugging my way through. Does anyone have a play through or ideas for what I did wrong?
Have you tried to incarcerate low HP enemies instead of finishing? It gives you 10 gold. I remember when I did it the first time, I completely overlooked this possibility. Well, I did this scenario again several days ago. And indeed it's enough hard, don't know why, it seems like it should be easy, you have a lot of money and fine troops, just recruit all the time.
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

dwarftough wrote: March 8th, 2021, 7:46 am Have you tried to incarcerate low HP enemies instead of finishing? It gives you 10 gold. I remember when I did it the first time, I completely overlooked this possibility. Well, I did this scenario again several days ago. And indeed it's enough hard, don't know why, it seems like it should be easy, you have a lot of money and fine troops, just recruit all the time.
That's a good idea! And something I completely overlooked! :D :D
Ptitboul

Post by Ptitboul »

dwarftough wrote: March 8th, 2021, 7:46 am
The_Gnat wrote: March 8th, 2021, 3:13 am Back to the point about the first scenario. I actually could not win it and ended up debugging my way through. Does anyone have a play through or ideas for what I did wrong?
Have you tried to incarcerate low HP enemies instead of finishing? It gives you 10 gold. I remember when I did it the first time, I completely overlooked this possibility. Well, I did this scenario again several days ago. And indeed it's enough hard, don't know why, it seems like it should be easy, you have a lot of money and fine troops, just recruit all the time.
Yes, that's the trick: incarcerating enemies can be made after an attack, therefore it is not really "instead of finishing", it can be "in case finishing did not work".
My campaign, Bloodlust, is is need of feedback!
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Ptitboul wrote: July 2nd, 2021, 4:44 pm Yes, that's the trick: incarcerating enemies can be made after an attack, therefore it is not really "instead of finishing", it can be "in case finishing did not work".
Y, that's true. When I was typing the previous post here, I primarily remembered situations where enemies has low hp before I made my turn (that's possible, for example, because of the attacks of the allied peasant side). But ofc incarcerating to fix "not finishing" is the thing as well
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

New: https://wiki.wesnoth.org/Affably_Evil_Walkthrough

1.14.15/1.0.0h/3.2.7

Menacing Hills waypoint - can't go to MH? Actually I don't think any of them do.

Marilyn: awakeneed > awakened

Dead Menace: aiming (at) the Mansions

Lorendas' Forest: Check that Anipater has levelled before claiming in dialog he can illuminate.

Ogira: vendor, stardust image not found.

Emants: No gold carryover?

Krux the Saviour: The dwarf's comment in the beginning doesn't make a lot of sense when he is poisoned.

Gruzgob's Path: The waypoint only goes to Gruzgob's Path?

Ogira/Lorendas' Forest (at this point in the campaign, at least): waypoints are "broken". Did I miss something in the dialog, or should something be added to explain why?

The Escape: Krux (Legacy of Titans) says he can't heal.

More in the link above, but I found going after the southern leader first is key. He has a lot of income and whenever I try for the obvious 'take out the central leader and recruit from his keep' I get overwhelmed by units coming from the south and west. Taking out the southern leader first removes just enough pressure.

And maybe start over and get different gear.

Hmm... What if the incarcerate threshold was based on difficulty, say 4 for hard, 5 for medium, 6 for easy. Probably more like 4/6/8, since I seem to see a LOT of enemies left with 7 HP, so if it's supposed to be easy...
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

Hi,
is there a plan to update Affably Evil and the Beautiful Child to 1.16?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

'The Reckoning' is broken, as in, the coordinates to trigger the last boss seem to be wrong (x and y flipped maybe?) and even when you trigger the event, the enemy boss is not loaded into the map.

Also, in general, the campaign seems to be working with the base units, no AMLA or lvl 4 units, unless they were specifically placed on the map.
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

I can't win first scenario there is too many bandits or turn limits is to low.
Attachments
AE-Incarcerating_zaznam_20220908-171738.gz
(105.91 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
white_haired_uncle

Rendy55 wrote: September 8th, 2022, 6:45 pm I can't win first scenario there is too many bandits or turn limits is to low.
Yeah, that one is pretty darn hard. There's a few recent posts on this thread you may want to look at, and I've gone into a bit of detail here:

https://wiki.wesnoth.org/Affably_Evil_W ... ncarcerate
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

I did it but with luck when Green leader abaddon his keep at round 10 which allowed me to kill him and in last 5 turns i have reached to last leader.
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

There is error in this scenario enemy leader will not spawn.
Attachments
Bitva_o_Wesnoth_-_1.16.6_10.09.2022_13_41_33.png
Affabilis

Post by Affabilis »

Bumpity bump. The bug on this boss not spawning is still present.
soft_wizard

Post by soft_wizard »

And still. I went to play it, forgetting why I never finished it, and then it happened again to me, just now.
white_haired_uncle

For those having problems with The Reckoning, I know it's been awhile, but...

In Affably_Evil/units/Fowleri_batshit.cfg change

Code: Select all

advances_to=none
to

advances_to=null
Restart wesnoth, or hit F5 from the main menu (where you select Campaigns, Multiplayer, etc), then load the start from the beginning of the scenario (e.g. 'AE-The Reckoning.gz' )
Last edited by white_haired_uncle on November 7th, 2023, 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
Phil_Raju

Post by Phil_Raju »

white_haired_uncle wrote: July 31st, 2023, 4:07 pm For those having problems with The Reckoning, I know it's been awhile, but...

In Affably_Evil/units/Lethalia_batshit.cfg change

advances_to=none
to

advances_to=null
Restart wesnoth, or hit F5 from the main menu (where you select Campaigns, Multiplayer, etc), then load the start from the beginning of the scenario (e.g. 'AE-The Reckoning.gz' )

Thanks a lot! This totally worked, the only difference for me was the file name, instead of "Lethalia_batshit.cfg " it was "Fowleri_batshit.cfg", I made the changes to this file and it worked fine.
I was so frustrated with the bug, thanks again for the help