The Archives

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

DeCoolest_Cat

Re: The Archives

Post by DeCoolest_Cat »

ForestDragon wrote:works fine now, thanks!
EDIT: played it now, and to be honest, i don't know what exactly did you label as 'Mature' content, i don't really see anything, or maybe i didn't notice something, well to be honest, Kill the King seems more mature to me
That was supposed to be sarcastic, to go along with the "nightmare difficulty" and that at first it seems like a normal campaign.

Version 0.0.4 is out. It adds a 4th tale, "The Forgotten Wreck". You were sailors on a ship traveling though saurian lands. You also worshipped the spirit Helphala. When the saurians wreck your ship, Helphala resurrects your crew as undead for you to kill them. You also must kill some scavengers to win the battle.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I don't feel great about this scenario. It seems too bland, too boring, or too one dimensional. Maybe it's cause the map has little variety, or something else. I wanted to publish anyways because I feel that someone could put a finger on it. It would be great if you, the reader, could be that person.
Author of beta campaign Kalbruk's Journey - My art thread - My collection of single player scenarios: The Archives
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Ogres (lvl 2) can advance to Bloodrage (lvl 2).

EDIT:
That Young Ogre you get at the beginning has the 'loyal' marker, but he isn't loyal.

EDIT 2:
Same thing for that ogre you get after defeating the Lieutenant.

EDIT 3:
Neither scenario plays any music. (...except the victory melody once? ._.)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Just a small thing, but the scenario awards (most times) the wrong laurel/wreath upon completion. (Apparently caused by using the old difficulties syntax.)
Details as to why and how to fix it can be found in issue #3983.
mxb2001

Post by mxb2001 »

Visual bug: The Ogre Breacher doesn't animate when fighting.

Played the 1st scen a few times with the ogres no match for the troopers until I in digusted desperation sent some half dead ones after his leader and amazingly killed him. The speed of the ogres seems to have helped.
Scen 2 was a cakewalk. Just sit in mtns and annihilate the troops in the open, too easy.
01/01/01
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

In the Ring
S2
must time -> much time
Blarien demands upkeep.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Forgot to add replays
Spoiler:
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Konrad2 wrote: November 29th, 2021, 10:02 am In the Ring
S2
must time -> much time
Blarien demands upkeep.
Thank you for the feedback! I wish I had prizes to give out since you are the the first feedback I've received (for ANY add-on!). I hope a hearty thank you will suffice! :)

As for Blavarien it seems that he's supposed to cost upkeep but show as a hero. I'll check into it and see if he's showing as loyal or has the loyal overlay. He shouldn't have. :)
Or did you mean that his upkeep causes trouble? I've only played this at the easiest level, it's all I can manage when it comes to campaigns...

Looking forward to watching the replays, maybe I'll learn how to play campaigns better.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Atreides wrote: February 1st, 2022, 7:28 pm
S2
must time -> much time
Blarien demands upkeep.
Or did you mean that his upkeep causes trouble? I've only played this at the easiest level, it's all I can manage when it comes to campaigns...
I'm saying that it doesn't make sense to me that he demands upkeep.

Btw, in S2 and S3 you can recall your freed animals.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Konrad2 wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 2:13 am
Atreides wrote: February 1st, 2022, 7:28 pm
S2
must time -> much time
Blarien demands upkeep.
I'm saying that it doesn't make sense to me that he demands upkeep.

Btw, in S2 and S3 you can recall your freed animals.
Ah got it. :) Alas I did not design these, so I don't really know why these things are the way they are. They do look to be intentional as best as I can judge from the code.

As for the freed roos returning I think it is quite cute! Adds a bit of interest. It's a very short campaign (albeit the longest in this pack) so you don't really get much of a chance to build up an army. The roos are the best bet for that.

If realism is the issue then I'd have to say that this is very much a joke campaign with the central theme being absurd humour. :)

BTW I've had time to review a couple of your replays and I noticed that you won the hardest levels rather easily. These aren't very difficult campaigns which is probably why I took to them and ported/fixed them. I even learned some from watching. Seems I need to learn to be more patient and cautious when playing campaigns. I tend to storm in because I'm always afraid time will run out! I guess I'll soon find a new way to lose: by running out of turns... ;-) Yes, the compromise sweet spot is what is likely hard for me to locate.