[In Progress] Afterlife Rated Hi 1.16 Season

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dwarftough

[In Progress] Afterlife Rated Hi 1.16 Season

Post by dwarftough »

Welcome fellow Wesnothians! I'm proud to announce that Afterlife Rated has started on 1.16!

Rules are simple: join games hosted by AfterBot, they will be "Afterlife Rated #...", play, win. After you win, whisper to the bot that you won. Get higher rating and climb the leaderboard!

Quick info on bots commands:

Commands:

won <gameid> (alternative form win <gameid>): reports the game as your win. Example: won 124. How to see the id of the game? It's written in the first bot message in the chat, also in the game title.

me: information about you. Your rating, place in the ranking, ids of your unfinished games, ids of contested games where you played.

contest <gameid>: use this command to complain about a false report (if your opp reported the game they lost as their victory) or a game with some problem or abuse (for example, your opponent didn't move at turn 1).

leaderboard: top10 best players

info nick: info about player "nick"

game <gameid>: info about game gameid

history nick: latest 20 games played by "nick"

history: your latest 20 games.

Feel free to post feedback here, on in our discord https://discord.gg/AmyzYNXrnc
Keep it cool and have fun!
Last edited by dwarftough on March 11th, 2023, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
dwarftough

Re: [In Progress] Afterlife Rated Hi 1.16 Season

Post by dwarftough »

The estimated date for the end of the season is April, 1. In case of any updates on that matter, I will post it in this thread, also you can ask questions here or in discord if you have any. Thanks for playing with us!

The games will continue further until a special announcement
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Uncle_Sam

Post by Uncle_Sam »

What do I do about a contested game? A player I played with (Sorhio) reported his victory and quit even though he was about to lose. I contested but not sure what to do next. I have saves and witnesses. His rating is quite high, wouldn't be surprised if he does that regularly.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Uncle_Sam wrote: April 14th, 2022, 10:14 am What do I do about a contested game? A player I played with (Sorhio) reported his victory and quit even though he was about to lose. I contested but not sure what to do next. I have saves and witnesses. His rating is quite high, wouldn't be surprised if he does that regularly.
After you contested a game, it's put in the special list which I can see and then check these games. My apologies for doing it too seldom. Sorhio indeed observed this kind of leave-with-misreport several times, that has been noted. I reassigned your game with him (game 1276 that was)

Also, if you have some questions or you want to draw attention to a game or whatever situations with bots, in order to resolve it quicker, you may write in the project's discord or PM me here, on the forums. This topic may be fine too ofc, esp. for generic and public questions
5dPZ

Post by 5dPZ »

Hey dwarftough, if you do not end this season soon, I gonna claim both top spots pretty soon (currently my alt is #7).

;)
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

The balance patch for orcs are now in the bot: added the Orcish Nightblade advancement for 50 xp (the 3rd lvl for Orcish poisoning unit) and Orcish Xbow to Slurbow xp-cost reduced from 80 xp to 50 xp.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

We do occasionally get players sending the MP mods admin messages (via /query report) to contest a game. It's not really an issue for us since it's not a frequent thing at all, but for people using the bot, it might be good to make it a bit more clear how to contest a result.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
TheMAze

Post by TheMAze »

I did not find the Tournament rules. I am curious about the case when my opponent disconnects.. What can I do in this case? What's the rule?
I usually wait 5-10 minutes or more then I report the game.

I think some players still don't know how to give back control ..
Maybe I am alone with this problem?!
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

TheMAze wrote: July 10th, 2022, 4:32 pm I did not find the Tournament rules. I am curious about the case when my opponent disconnects.. What can I do in this case? What's the rule?
Yes, that's what you should do, wait for some time, 5-10 minutes. If the game ended turn 1, just contest it.
TheMAze wrote: July 10th, 2022, 4:32 pm I think some players still don't know how to give back control ..
I think you're definitely not alone with that.
geper

Post by geper »

TheMAze wrote: July 10th, 2022, 4:32 pm I did not find the Tournament rules. I am curious about the case when my opponent disconnects.. What can I do in this case? What's the rule?

I think some players still don't know how to give back control ..
It took me a bit to understand this, and I still do not do it well. One issue is late in the game it may take a long time for the game replay. Some people do not know they have to wait it out and then they leave and have to start the replay all over. In the end, getting back in is hard as well :(
revik

Post by revik »

Hi,

I'm pretty sure I've encountered a hacker today. Whole game there were moments when my units should have hit at least once (4-5 hits on 50% unit). Like plenty of them. I thought it was just a bad luck, I'm not a person that calls it a hack instatnly.

However after the game strange message appeared in chatlog as you can see in the screenshot. And also after I took the screenshot the game crashed for me and also idk why but my units have full hp on the screenshot, which was definietely not the case, maybe it's just a visual unrelated bug.

Could somebody look into it? Check the game code for vulnerabilities or something? For me it is an obvious proof of something going wrong, just quick search and I see a user "TheMAze" in this very thread and the message that appeared in my game also had his nickname in it. So yes I'm calling him out together with "wildbandit99" which might be just an alt account.

https://imgur.com/aVBFspM

Regards,
Revik
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Hi, revik

Regarding "idk why but my units have full hp on the screenshot", the situation in the screenshot is the end of the game, when one of the leaders is killed. This thing, what you see in the end of most scenarios as in the screenshot, is called the "linger mode" and in it all units are drawn with full hp. I dunno why it's that but it's always been like that, you probably just haven't noticed before.

About "removing illegal command <...> Current player is <...>". This usually happens when one of the players (or observers) had a network lag while players changed. From what I see in the screenshot, I presume TheMAze was observing the game and lagged, then wildbandit99 left and the message appeared.

Now, about rng, rng seed (it determines outcomes) are sent from the multiplayer server side, players can't influence it. Also you didn't have any out-of-sync (OOS) error messages during the game which you definitely should've seen if your opponent had tried a crealy incorrect action like recruiting with negative gold. Although I must note that OOS by itself doesn't mean hacks necessarily, for example there was a bug in Wesnoth itself which caused a lot of people seeing OOS during undead recruitment, but the game was fine. So OOS should be investigated on a case-by-case basis. Overall, considering your case, I don't see reasons to worry about hacks, doesn't look like it to me.
revik

Post by revik »

Thank you for a fast reply.
Well if thats the case, and the illegal command thing is just a normal system message, I guess it calms me a bit.
See you in the game!
TheMAze

Post by TheMAze »

I have a lot of dc stories.

When I dc-ed and the opponent reported the game as a win :(
I think gravy... someone is the most annoying. The other biggest problem was Benzi( I contested this game). Benzi lost the game his leader died and then he somehow reported a win. Well actually my problem is simple I don't want to play vs Benzi for ex. he beat me when I was tired. I won he reported the game as a win. So annoying to contest and nothing really happens. How to ignore these players??
TheMAze

Post by TheMAze »

revik wrote: August 20th, 2022, 2:47 pm Hi,

I'm pretty sure I've encountered a hacker today. Whole game there were moments when my units should have hit at least once (4-5 hits on 50% unit). Like plenty of them. I thought it was just a bad luck, I'm not a person that calls it a hack instatnly.

However after the game strange message appeared in chatlog as you can see in the screenshot. And also after I took the screenshot the game crashed for me and also idk why but my units have full hp on the screenshot, which was definietely not the case, maybe it's just a visual unrelated bug.

Could somebody look into it? Check the game code for vulnerabilities or something? For me it is an obvious proof of something going wrong, just quick search and I see a user "TheMAze" in this very thread and the message that appeared in my game also had his nickname in it. So yes I'm calling him out together with "wildbandit99" which might be just an alt account.

https://imgur.com/aVBFspM

Regards,
Revik
Whose alt is wildbandit ?

I played vs wildbandit

Wildbandit99 is honest player. He never report fake wins or something.
He wait when dc .. and so on

A lot of low rated don't wait