Abilities again (perhaps with a question mark)

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

shevegen

Abilities again (perhaps with a question mark)

Post by shevegen »

So I will eventually finally get to start on a campaign.

Wesnoth comes with many abilities and I am fine with not adding more of these so that newcomers aren't too overwhelmed. But for some scenarios I may need more "streamlined" abilities rather than coming up with my own from the get go.

For instance, in one of the desert campaigns there was one hero that caused extra bloodloss bleeding via arrows in later turns. I liked that idea. I am talking about abilities like that.

Do we have some listing of available abilities? Including more unique ones in campaigns? Ideally I'd love to just copy/paste rather than have to come up with completely new ones from the get go.

Also, is there some policy in place in regards to which new abilities may make it into the main line campaigns? I understand that this part is harder for many reasons; for example I always disliked the beserker ability (I have less of an issue with lesser berserk).

I am thinking of giving steadfast to some heavy armoured riders but I'd also like to experiment a bit with fear and horror and howl, e. g. some undead at night causing undead fear, and most units refusing to move too close (but undead can move close fine), except for units with "immunity to fear" or something like that for paladin. Such kind of things that may be helpful or useful. Is there some streamlined way to handle abilities? Where to look at? Which ones to cherry pick?