Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

Sorry for not looking here very often, I keep spending way too much time on random projects where I obsess with implementation details.

I have made a release from all the incremental fixes that were in github master. Many of them were reported here, plus there should be no more OoS errors. It should be a final release for wesnoth 1.14 and I know it's long overdue and I should be doing something with the imbalance between max level units.
dabber

Post by dabber »

Dugi, random question...
utils.cfg contains macros AI_OVERHAUL_PLACE and AI_OVERHAUL_PLACE_2. Both do the same thing. Both take an argument that is ignored. Both set AI to maximum aggressiveness. And why are they called "overhaul place" instead of something more clear, like SUICIDAL_AGGRESSSION ?
dabber

Post by dabber »

masterpace, you posted a few months ago about killing the bosses in scenario4_12 "Bloodbath", and I finally got there to try it myself.
I got lucky and randomly found a full "wisdom" set, which made Lethalia's Meteor have two attacks (so almost always get a hit). I had a group of her Doppelgangers firing those as well.
Spoiler:
Luftey

Post by Luftey »

Steam updated to the new 1.16 version - trying to load where I am in the campaign for this one (which I love - playing it through a second time).

Does it take some time / require an update on the maintainer side so it shows up in the add-ons with the new version?
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Luftey wrote: October 26th, 2021, 10:00 pm Steam updated to the new 1.16 version - trying to load where I am in the campaign for this one (which I love - playing it through a second time).

Does it take some time / require an update on the maintainer side so it shows up in the add-ons with the new version?
Yes, LotI has to be ported in 1.16, it's in the process right now
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
HatGuy

Post by HatGuy »

After the 1.14.17 update I am unable to pick up gems or potions.
Luftey

Post by Luftey »

dwarftough wrote: October 26th, 2021, 10:36 pm
Luftey wrote: October 26th, 2021, 10:00 pm Steam updated to the new 1.16 version - trying to load where I am in the campaign for this one (which I love - playing it through a second time).

Yes, LotI has to be ported in 1.16, it's in the process right now
Awesome! Thanks for the info - I had no clue of how that all worked :)
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Dugi wrote: October 25th, 2021, 11:08 pm Sorry for not looking here very often, I keep spending way too much time on random projects where I obsess with implementation details.

I have made a release from all the incremental fixes that were in github master. Many of them were reported here, plus there should be no more OoS errors. It should be a final release for wesnoth 1.14 and I know it's long overdue and I should be doing something with the imbalance between max level units.
If I might make a rather bold (sorry) suggestion:
Spoiler:
dabber

Post by dabber »

In chapter 4, is there a need to EVER have a unit besides E and L? The last scenario is the hardest, so maybe then.

I've been wanting to make a nightmare difficulty for a while. With a short look just now, the LotI mechanics code ( /utils/*.cfg and /units/*.cfg ) looks pretty easy to handle. I don't see any dependency on difficulty in the lua code, but am I missing something?
white_haired_uncle

dabber wrote: October 27th, 2021, 1:38 pm In chapter 4, is there a need to EVER have a unit besides E and L? The last scenario is the hardest, so maybe then.
Invasion (the one with all the mages), I'd say at least the starting units are necessary, and probably some recalls if you're going after BZB.
dabber wrote: October 27th, 2021, 1:38 pm I've been wanting to make a nightmare difficulty for a while. With a short look just now, the LotI mechanics code ( /utils/*.cfg and /units/*.cfg ) looks pretty easy to handle. I don't see any dependency on difficulty in the lua code, but am I missing something?
That would be nice. I've played on all difficulties and, even accounting for my own better understanding of the game, I just don't see much difference. It seems like hard is just easy, but with (less) higher level enemies (but it's still easy so that just means you get more XP) and probably fewer drops (except the later part of chapter 5, where there are a ridiculous number of drops, especially since you don't need all that gear since the final scenario is so easy).

One suggestion for harder difficulties would be to raise the amount of XP required for the first AMLA. It's odd how it takes like 350 XP to get to L4/L5, and then 100 or so for the first AMLA.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

In mp modes too high amla xp might be a problem: might mean you would never get many amlas.
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

I wonder if demons now have to be a bit weakened because liminal now makes +25% at neutral ToD and 0% otherwise instead of what was before 0% at neutral and -25% otherwise
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Beta (only beta!) has appeared on 1.16 addon server! If you find any bugs or things not working, please post feedback, it will help a lot with porting to 1.16
Spirit_of_Currents

Post by Spirit_of_Currents »

Could someone make a modification add-on that allows players to easily get any items in LotI? Each item type (gems, swords, rings etc.) would have its own list. It would be easy to see how common or rare each particular item is. I'm asking this because I'm fed up with using so many units. I only want to use those units who must not die. It would be too hard without any cheating, and I think it would be dull to use debug mode.
There are very much electrical currents in my brain.
white_haired_uncle

As the in-game walkthrough is rather dated in places, with Dugi's consent I've started a wiki walkthrough at https://wiki.wesnoth.org/LotI_Walkthrough.

dwarftough wrote: October 29th, 2021, 1:34 am Beta (only beta!) has appeared on 1.16 addon server! If you find any bugs or things not working, please post feedback, it will help a lot with porting to 1.16
If you accidentally start in debug mode, you'll get a bunch of errors/warnings in the tutorial on turn 1.

S1: SPECIAL_NOTES has been deprecated.

S4: Warning couldn't find right animation for ... Efraim. Happened when I equipped Orcish Ingenuity. Attached save turn 12 will reproduce. Also kill the wolf rider with Efraim on turn 17. Also happens when equipping Royal Diem.

I'm only as far as S5, but is Efraim supposed to be stuck at duelist with only about 6 total AMLAs available (and then advances do NOTHING)?
Attachments
LotI1-Paradise Lost-Auto-Save17.gz
(307.92 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
LotI1-Paradise Lost-Auto-Save12.gz
(297.88 KiB) Downloaded 22 times