Campaign recommendation(1.16)

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Bowen

Campaign recommendation(1.16)

Post by Bowen »

With the 1.16 release I've been wondering where to start in term of campaign?
From the 1.16 announcement "Descent into Darkness", "Liberty" and "Sceptre of Fire" have been heavily updated.

Does that mean those are a good starting point or does the older campaigns (ie: "The Tale of Two Brothers", etc.) also got some revamp?
Any recommendation which campaign to start first?

PS: I'm not planning of playing all the campaigns, just want to pick a couple of good ones.
Graziani

Re: Campaign recommendation(1.16)

Post by Graziani »

My favorite so far in the mainline is clearly Under the burning suns.
But it's maybe a bit hard to start.
Descent into darkness is also amazing.

I would advice those two.
Creator and maintainer of "A goblin adventure" (available) and "From Rocks and Blood"(available) --- Working on a new campaign "Facing Death"
Bowen

Post by Bowen »

I'll try those campaigns.
Thanks a lot!
Graziani

Post by Graziani »

Also, To start with Wesnoth, a tale of two brothers is very good (and fast to complete).

Have fun !
Creator and maintainer of "A goblin adventure" (available) and "From Rocks and Blood"(available) --- Working on a new campaign "Facing Death"
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Post by max_torch »

For experiencing the world of wesnoth honestly I would recommend playing it in the default order the campaigns have been listed from top to bottom in the Campaign Menu. They are arranged by difficulty/complexity.
Krolan

Post by Krolan »

Heir to the Throne -> Delfadors Memoirs -> Descent into Darkness -> Scepter of Fire -> Under Burning Suns
Would be my general personal recommendation, but as far as 1.16 is concerned, I only now started playing again and didn't read the changelog either ^^'
Either way, I also immensely enjoyed just playing the campaigns in order, which I am in the process of doing right now once more, having a good time.
I do GPE(Genuine Playing Experience), Screenshot-reinforced and detailed Bug-Reports for Campaigns. If you want me to check yours, be it Pre-Alpha, Alpha, Beta or finished, let me know. Since I don't know anything about coding, I'll be unable to tell you why something bad happens though. PM me.