[ad hoc idea] Link in missing descriptions to a wiki with semi-free access (based on the webforum login)

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

shevegen

[ad hoc idea] Link in missing descriptions to a wiki with semi-free access (based on the webforum login)

Post by shevegen »

Recently I played some dwarf campaign, I forgot the name (I am soooo bad with names).

Some units lacked descriptions. Here I was thinking ... what if you could click a link, and then
be redirected to a wiki, where people can just freely add (mostly) if they have a forum account
here?

That feedback can be discarded or ignored; or require the campaign author to enable it
specifically. But my idea is simple ...

On wikipedia I can in theory edit articles. I rarely do that, but I comment stuff on their
discussion pages of individual articles that could be improved. This model could be
used for wesnoth campaigns too, if things are missing. Then people could see
that there is a new campaign and contribute text and what not. This could help a bit
with development. Not everyone uses git + github for instance or is a programmer,
but modifying a wiki should be much simpler. I don't suggest to automatically add it,
but to make it available as an option, to help collaborative design and creation of
scenarios / campaigns. Lower the barrier to entry. People may also be more committed
when they see their own content in some of the campaigns. You could even add cute
little badges and a reputation system (only positive additions will be counted) - cute
little badges, oddly enough, motivate people! Even without any money tied to it -
it looks so cute ...