Idea: multiplayer 1vs1 maps with a center village

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

hay207
Double Style Tourney #1 Champ

Idea: multiplayer 1vs1 maps with a center village

Post by hay207 »

Hi, i got idea about 1vs1 maps which's to put an extra village in center, i do this to avoid camping, i created addon named Hay207_maps with 5 maps in it, let me know your opinion, Bye.

Here's an example with village one hex nearer to p2:
Freelands_modified.png
Edit: maps i edited are freelands, basilisk, hamelets, Onis, fallenstar
But can do any map
Last edited by hay207 on June 1st, 2020, 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ports: Velensk's tower defense, dov's deep shrine, Scrolling survival, Scrolling survival Co-op, Temples of the nagas.
Addons: Tower defense maps , some ANL scenarios like: ANL 3p "A New Land" survival type, and ANL Co-operative map for 2p
Elder2

Re: Idea: multiplayer 1vs1 maps with a center village

Post by Elder2 »

Seems to heavily benefit factions with flying units.
Krogen

Post by Krogen »

I never thought Freelands was too campy. If there is any potential in this, better focus on maps that deserve it. (I don't know what are the other 4, so i can't tell my opinion on those.) Sablestone has extreme camping potential for example, so it might be a good idea to take a look at it.
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." - Tywin Lannister
Yomar

Post by Yomar »

I too, made a custom map with that idea, sometime ago.

I think Fallenstar Lake can often result in camping when 2 defensive players are involved, and one or more towns in the middle would spice things up in those situation where no player wants to attack, plus that map has plenty of space in the center.
Beheld the origins of BFW.
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟