After the Storm 0.10.18.1 [Wesnoth 1.14.x & 1.15.12+]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Would you play untested versions of IftU and AtS on Wesnoth 1.15.4+?

Poll ended at August 29th, 2020, 5:32 am

nah
10%
yee i can play on the latest wesnoth dev release
50%
i can play on wesnoth dev releases but no guarantees im going to be updating every time a new one comes out
10%
am big brain and can play on the wesnoth dev branch from git, who needs binary packages
10%
what the heck is wesnoth 1.15
20%

Total votes: 10

Terbin

Re: After the Storm 0.9.17 [Wesnoth 1.12]

Post by Terbin »

DukeSwampy wrote: May 20th, 2020, 5:27 am
Terbin wrote: May 20th, 2020, 4:51 am Hi! i absolutley love this Campaign as well as its predecessor. How do i get it to work with 1.14.x Wesnoth? (I downloaded it via steam not the wesnoth website.) thanks for any help you could give!~
Ummm... Unfortunately, this campaign hasn't been ported in Wesnoth branch 1.14. So only 1.12.
Spoiler:

is it possible to still install1.12? I would totally install an older version of Wes. to replay this camp.
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

Terbin wrote: May 21st, 2020, 12:40 am is it possible to still install1.12?
Yes, you can download the last Wesnoth 1.12 release here. If you're running Windows it should be simple to install (just run the installer as usual - it should be possible to install it while at the same time having 1.14 installed). It might be more complicated if you're using some other OS.
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

Iris, I'm not trying to attack you here. There's no point in getting angry with me.
Iris wrote: May 20th, 2020, 2:21 pm I guess it's a huge stretch to believe that two random high-ranked sorcerers (one of them fought by Elynia in the Council chamber, you'd be forgiven for missing him entirely) would be appointed to temporarily or permanently fill in for those two in the middle of a war...
Fair enough. Any reason I'm learning this from a discussion thread, years later, instead of the campaign itself? The Iron Council was a defined group of antagonists with three named members. If one of them sees himself out of the story, or a new member is appointed, that should in my opinion be something that's at least acknowldged. If instead of "third member of the Iron Council" the lich wouldve just been a generic sorcerer filling in for Nar Hammoth in his absence, I wouldn't have even brought it up.
...and in order to let you continue playing your fantasy tactical TBS for a couple more scenarios before the tactical strategy aspect disappears almost completely.
Forgive me if i'm mistaken, but this strikes me as a bit antagonistic. it sounds too much like the passive-agressive "I'm sorry you didn't get what you wanted" sort of response. I don't get why it's necessary.
And god forbid anything gets left hanging in order to let others fill in the gaps.
"Something left hanging" is a bit of an understatement. The plot threads are so jumbled with new elements introduced every step of the way that don't go anywhere, that it's hard to tell if something was left hanging or simply got forgotten.
Like, seriously. People like that is how AtS got delayed for several years and how IftU got multiple revisions and a major rewrite.
YES! And the result shows in the final product. I don't know what revisions had to be made to the story itself (and you've made it abundantly clear in the past that a lot of them weren't to your liking - I understand how frustrating that can be), but the work put into the writing and the plotting shows. IftU is very streamlined and was enjoyable to play. You've done wonderful work with it and I'm going to maintain that it's the best User Made Campaign in the entire game. I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear earlier.
I don't have patience for that kind of thing anymore while getting absolutely nothing in exchange.
I remember you telling me this the last time. It sounds like some kind of burnout. I can understand that. But just because you don't have the patience or motivation to iron out the problems with the story in AtS anymore, it doesn't mean we can't acknowledge that these problems exist. Nobody's forcing you to do something you don't enjoy.
Sigh, i'm sorry. I shouldn't have brought up this old topic again.
It's also funny to see how people have little to no expectations in terms of design quality from mainline but for some reason two glorified fanfics (which are themselves based on another fanfic) must tick all the boxes.
Please don't get me wrong. If it makes you feel any better, I have plenty of problems with the mainline campaigns. Two of them in particular. And when the time comes to discuss them, I will bring them up, rest assured.
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

Konrad2 wrote: May 20th, 2020, 12:05 pm Where can I look at this list?
SIgh. I probably should't do this but here it was.
viewtopic.php?p=621699#p621699

And over 2 years ago. Hmm.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

BTIsaac wrote: May 21st, 2020, 11:29 am Fair enough. Any reason I'm learning this from a discussion thread, years later, instead of the campaign itself? The Iron Council was a defined group of antagonists with three named members.
With an implied precedent of being replaceable — the IftU Iron Council only has one of the original members seen in UtBS.
BTIsaac wrote: May 21st, 2020, 11:29 amIf one of them sees himself out of the story, or a new member is appointed, that should in my opinion be something that's at least acknowldged. If instead of "third member of the Iron Council" the lich wouldve just been a generic sorcerer filling in for Nar Hammoth in his absence, I wouldn't have even brought it up.
There's enough text walls at this point in the campaign to exacerbate the issue by spelling out every minor detail about the enemy leaders you face, especially when no such thing was ever done before in this or most other campaigns.
BTIsaac wrote: May 21st, 2020, 11:29 am
...and in order to let you continue playing your fantasy tactical TBS for a couple more scenarios before the tactical strategy aspect disappears almost completely.
Forgive me if i'm mistaken, but this strikes me as a bit antagonistic. it sounds too much like the passive-agressive "I'm sorry you didn't get what you wanted" sort of response. I don't get why it's necessary.
Exaggerating some aspects (especially those that were criticized the most in IftU and AtS E1 and E2) while phasing others away was actually part of the mission statement for episode 3's design from scenario 1 onward.
Spoiler:
You can call it passive-aggressive campaign design, but it's what it is, even though most of the context for it is lost to history.
BTIsaac wrote: May 21st, 2020, 11:29 am "Something left hanging" is a bit of an understatement. The plot threads are so jumbled with new elements introduced every step of the way that don't go anywhere, that it's hard to tell if something was left hanging or simply got forgotten.
Most of the things left hanging were either left there deliberately for other people to fill the gaps (Nar-Hamoth) or are meant to be resolved in EOL. We're going in circles here. Again, I don't see why every single thing needs to be wrapped up neatly and immediately when even the original IftU (and before that, UtBS) left a crap ton of things hanging.
BTIsaac wrote: May 21st, 2020, 12:49 pm
Konrad2 wrote: May 20th, 2020, 12:05 pm Where can I look at this list?
SIgh. I probably should't do this but here it was.
viewtopic.php?p=621699#p621699

And over 2 years ago. Hmm.
And everything I said in my follow-up to that continues to be true to this day.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

Iris wrote: May 21st, 2020, 1:27 pm There's enough text walls at this point in the campaign to exacerbate the issue by spelling out every minor detail about the enemy leaders you face, especially when no such thing was ever done before in this or most other campaigns.
Uhm, yes. That's kind of a problem. Most of those walls of text are lore exposition, and throw-away subplots that don'tseem to go anywhere. Relatively little is dedicated to explaining what's actually going on.
You can call it passive-aggressive campaign design, but it's what it is, even though most of the context for it is lost to history.
It's not the campaign I'm calling passive agressive. But if you're trying to imply that you deliberately made the thing tedious and frustrating to play, you're kinda proving my point. (Please correct me if i misunderstood).
Most of the things left hanging were either left there deliberately for other people to fill the gaps (Nar-Hamoth) or are meant to be resolved in EOL. We're going in circles here. Again, I don't see why every single thing needs to be wrapped up neatly and immediately when even the original IftU (and before that, UtBS) left a crap ton of things hanging.
There's a difference here though. IftU left a hook for a sequel though, after it's main plot thread was satifsyingly resolved. It had a beginning, middle and an end, as well as a hook for a sequel. It works even as a self contained work. ATS on the other hand is three separate campaigns that are mostly just buildup after buildup that manages to both end abruptly with no resolution, yet still drags out far longer than necessary. Iftu had a plot that can be summarized in one sentence. This can hardly be said about AtS.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

BTIsaac wrote: May 21st, 2020, 2:22 pm It's not the campaign I'm calling passive agressive. But if you're trying to imply that you deliberately made the thing tedious and frustrating to play, you're kinda proving my point. (Please correct me if i misunderstood).
Not every campaign is everyone's cup of tea. Using mainline as an example to avoid triggering people, both HttT and NR are intentionally frustrating in their own ways and have their own fans and detractors. This kind of thing is bound to happen when the author can read their audience's loudest voices before the work is even complete. If you feel attacked even though you weren't even there during the development process, then I don't know what to say?
BTIsaac wrote: May 21st, 2020, 2:22 pm There's a difference here though. IftU left a hook for a sequel though, after it's main plot thread was satifsyingly resolved.
So satisfyingly resolved that the woman behind the man isn't ever seen and her campaign of conquest (no pun intended) barely thwarted, while the biggest cosmic power which was the driving force behind Galas' quest is left undone and completely out of the heroes' reach in a separate dimension. Yeah.
BTIsaac wrote: May 21st, 2020, 2:22 pm It had a beginning, middle and an end, as well as a hook for a sequel. It works even as a self contained work. ATS on the other hand is three separate campaigns that are mostly just buildup after buildup that manages to both end abruptly with no resolution, yet still drags out far longer than necessary. Iftu had a plot that can be summarized in one sentence. This can hardly be said about AtS.
Spoiler:
BTIsaac wrote: May 21st, 2020, 2:22 pm Uhm, yes. That's kind of a problem. Most of those walls of text are lore exposition, and throw-away subplots that don'tseem to go anywhere. Relatively little is dedicated to explaining what's actually going on.
At this point I really don't know what to say. You do you I guess. But maybe don't come back to this thread if you're just going to constantly prattle about how the campaign is not to your liking. There's other things we both could be doing with our time. For example, I could be finishing up the one thing that's blocking AtS 0.10.0 from release instead of having people make me feel like it's not worth the effort of fighting Wesnoth's byzantine game engine. On top of everything else going on that you don't get to hear about. And you can call me however you want for this statement but I'm just trying to draw a line between valid criticism and pointless expenditure of time.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

Iris wrote: May 21st, 2020, 3:45 pm
BTIsaac wrote: May 21st, 2020, 2:22 pm There's a difference here though. IftU left a hook for a sequel though, after it's main plot thread was satifsyingly resolved.
So satisfyingly resolved that the woman behind the man isn't ever seen and her campaign of conquest (no pun intended) barely thwarted, while the biggest cosmic power which was the driving force behind Galas' quest is left undone and completely out of the heroes' reach in a separate dimension. Yeah.
Spoiler:
Thank you for this post. I think i can see the problem here. You're too fixated on the overarching storyline and lose track of the actual story that's going on. This explains a lot of the issues I had with AtS. This is how the story of IftU goes: A hero and his people embark on a quest to stop an enemy threatening their home, they find allies along the way, reach their destination and defeat said enemy. That's the basic premise around which the entire story is built. The details and specifics are unimportant right now. As is the backstory and whether or not there's a much bigger scheme going on in the background.
And this is the problem with AtS. There is a very detailed and complex backstory, a whole plethora of characters and a series of events, but no actual plot that ties them all together in an organic fashion. Your one sentence summaries aren't actually plot summaries, they're character arcs. In IftU, Galas' character arc unfolds as part of the actual plot. In AtS, Elynia's character arc is pretty much just thrown in there with a whole bunch of other things that are happening and while some plot cohesion is maintained through chapter 1 and chapter 2, which one could argue have some semblance of a plot, all focus is lost by the time of chapter 3.
I can kind of see where you're coming from but ultimately there's no need for me to cater to that mindset.
I'm not talking about mindsets here. I'm talking about the basics of storytelling
There's other things we both could be doing with our time. For example, I could be finishing up the one thing that's blocking AtS 0.10.0 from release instead of having people make me feel like it's not worth the effort of fighting Wesnoth's byzantine game engine. On top of everything else going on that you don't get to hear about. And you can call me however you want for this statement but I'm just trying to draw a line between valid criticism and pointless expenditure of time.
That is an excellent point, although i don't necessarily consider discussions about writing a waste of time.
But far be it from me to distract you further from important matters. I can only wish you good luck. And try not to stress yourself.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

BTIsaac wrote: May 21st, 2020, 5:46 pmThis is how the story of IftU goes: A hero and his people embark on a quest to stop an enemy threatening their home, they find allies along the way, reach their destination and defeat said enemy. That's the basic premise around which the entire story is built.
I can 100% guarantee to you that this was absolutely not my thought process when I set out to outline IftU's storyline, and if the end result happens to match your premise it's a complete coincidence. Furthermore AtS as a whole can wrapped around the same formula if you think about it.
Spoiler:
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

Iris wrote: May 21st, 2020, 6:04 pm I can 100% guarantee to you that this was absolutely not my thought process when I set out to outline IftU's storyline, and if the end result happens to match your premise it's a complete coincidence.
I can see that. That's precisely my point.
Furthermore AtS as a whole can wrapped around the same formula if you think about it.
You could argue that with chapter 2, and to a lesser extent chapter 1, but by chapter 3, it really starts coming apart. In fact, if I'm going to be a bit more generous, I could say that a lot of the issues I have with ATS are almost entirely due to chapter 3.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Well, I'm sorry I didn't follow a cookbook for all of this I guess. There's no point in continuing to discuss it any further because I'm not going to redo the whole thing and force it into a particular structure to please a few people, especially when I already fulfilled my original goals and neither campaign is going to go into mainline within my lifetime.

Again, it can't be everyone's cup of tea. And this time around it was a pretty deliberate choice.
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

I don't understand why having a coherent and organized story would be a matter of personal taste. It's not about pleasing a few people. I understand if you don't want to go back and redo AtS, I can imagine what a painstaking task that would end up to be, but it is something you might want to keep in mind going forward, when building a new story from the ground up.

Anyway, that's my last comment on this matter.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

The constant insinuation of there not being a structure because it's not the structure you expected is what really bothers me. So yeah, enough with the backseat writing. Hopefully you'll be able to produce good content with the lessons you keep trying to teach to the wrong person.
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

Iris wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 12:44 pm Hopefully you'll be able to produce good content with the lessons you keep trying to teach to the wrong person.
Believe me, i hope so too.
Iris
Site Administrator

After the Storm 0.10.0 [Wesnoth 1.14]

Post by Iris »

Life is complicated.

Often, you think you've got everything figured out and that you have a plan ready for any situation that may arise. Then the universe decides to prove you wrong. Repeatedly. I think that's the best way to summarize the past 4 years of my life. Almost all of it is on me though, with the notable exception of the various things that happened between October last year and March this year, as well as other stuff that happened simultaneously with that in December through February.

But if I wanted, I could have shipped a new After the Storm release back in 2018, after Invasion from the Unknown 2.1.0 was released. The groundwork was there, the art was a work in progress, and the most complicated WML and Lua took me a couple of weeks just now. What wasn't there, if I'm frank, was the motivation. Wesnoth and I have had a really complicated relationship these past few years not just because of IftU and AtS. And there is certainly a part of me that wants to move on, but I've repeatedly found myself coming back to this community for reasons I don't entirely understand. I guess it's some kind of pointless sentimentality because of the amount of energy I invested into both the game and my add-ons over 13 years that makes me feel like it's my second home, even though there are no good reasons to feel so attached to a game that's well past its prime.

Coming back time and time again is not necessarily a good thing, though — because each time you feel more and more like a stranger visiting someone else's home instead. And adapting to all the changes and additions in Wesnoth 1.14 proved to be surprisingly challenging for someone who was already indecisive about coming back to a place that does not seem as welcoming to her as it once was. But again, that's nobody's fault but my own.

There are a lot more things I could say but I feel like I already said enough in this and previous posts.

AtS version 0.10.0 and AtS Music version 0.3.2 are out now on the 1.14 add-ons server.

While on the surface this initial release for Wesnoth 1.14 may appear to be the same AtS as version 0.9.17, there are a lot of things that changed in the past 3 years. Many of them were the result of my work on IftU 2.0, but many others are specific to AtS.

The main focus of this release besides the successful port to the current Wesnoth stable series is adapting the AMLA system introduced in IftU 2.1 to AtS. Unfortunately, just like in IftU, Mal Keshar still exists in a weird kind of limbo where he does not benefit from the AMLA system at all. I plan to revisit this issue later. Soon. THIS YEAR. I PROMISE.

The secondary focus is rebalancing everything around said changes, since AtS is designed across the board in a way that makes the enemy units more susceptible to being eclipsed by player units, and this is especially true when it comes to AtS Episode 3. This release sees the rework of three major boss fights. You can check the changelog below for spoilers, or... just... sort of don't do that because it may spoil the surprise? It's up to you either way and I'm not going to be mad if you decide that you need to see all the spoilers.

The ternary focus is items. Yes. You read that right. Items.

"But Iris you said that items in AtS—" Look, I'm allowed to change my mind, especially as developments in mainline and elsewhere render a previously viable approach completely obsolete. Some battles aren't worth fighting when they drag out for too long. Like... campaigns with 13 × 3 scenarios... I don't remember how many scenarios that is but I'm sure it's a lot. Stop reminding me that I can't do maths.

The quaternary (yes I just decided I can use that word like this) focus is the complete modularization of the codebase as with IftU 2.1.0. This release of AtS uses Naia to deliver all the code and assets shared with IftU, which is surprisingly a lot of stuff. But all this is technical nonsense that most people don't need to know about.

I know this campaign isn't to everyone's liking, and it does not need to be just like IftU does not need to be either. But I would like to think that despite the circumstances I still poured a lot of energy into this update and I would hope it's a bit of an improvement for those that were on the fence about AtS' gameplay. Going forward I would like to have a more solid development team for this and IftU so the whole maintenance hiatus situation can hopefully be avoided for Wesnoth 1.15.x/1.16.x. Perhaps it's time to outsource some work more aggressively instead of making myself responsible for every single aspect of a 13 × 3 scenarios long campaign— hang on are you telling me that the scenario count is technically higher than that? I don't believe that, I know I can't do maths but I am quite positive I know how to count.

Anyway, I apologize for the absurd 2 years-long wait for a campaign that already existed all along. I will try to do better in the future. If you are still reading this, thanks for your time. 💜 And finally, I would like to specially thank Vultraz, Nemaara, and Konrad2 for their invaluable assistance in making this port possible. I am not copy-pasting this bit from the IftU 2.1.0 announcement, I swear.

The complete changelog for this version of IftU follows:

Code: Select all

Version 0.10.0:
---------------
* General:
  * First Wesnoth 1.14.x release, raising the minimum version requirement to
    Wesnoth 1.14.3 (Wesnoth 1.15.x is *not* supported yet). Some large chunks
    of code (in particular FOREACH loops) were rewritten in the process.
  * Dropped workaround for Debian bug #782831/#780853 in libvorbis (also known
    as Wesnoth Gna.org bugs #23633 and #23599).
  * Replaced map_data with map_file to load scenario maps.
  * Shared units, assets, code, and translations are now part of the Naia
    library, also used by IftU version 2.1.0 and later.
  * Update to Naia 20200621.
  * Updated art licenses for CC BY-NC-ND 4.0, CC BY-SA 4.0 and CC0 content.

* Graphics:
  * New or updated unit graphics: Shaxthal Hive Queen, Gatekeeper, Angel of
    Blood, Blood Core.

* Language and i18n:
  * Updated translations: French (WIP), Japanese (WIP), Russian (WIP).

* Scenarios:
  * E1S4 - Terror at Dusk:
    * Added Obsidian Battle Axe item.
  * E1S7 - The Search for the Past:
    * Added Vial of Fire Essence item.
    * Disabled early-finish bonus and removed a few villages.
    * Various prose revisions.
  * E1S8 - Fear:
    * Minor cutscene tweaks.
  * E1S9.3 - The Triad, part 3:
    * Fix a unit animation not playing any sounds in a cutscene at the end of
      the scenario.
  * E1S12 - The Queen:
    * Various tweaks to the boss fight and Shaxthal Hive Queen unit type for
      balancing purposes.
  * E2S4 - Shifting Allegiances:
    * Added Amber Ward item.
  * E2S5 - The Eastern Front:
    * Added Bow of Krysvelen item.
  * E2S6 - The Voyage Home:
    * Fix scrolling to speaking units not working at the start of sandstorms.
  * E2S8 - And then there was Chaos:
    * Minor balancing tweaks.
  * E2S9 - New Hive:
  * E2S11 - A Final Confrontation:
  * E3S2.1 - Return to Raelthyn:
    * Fixed Torancyn speaking right before the last payload is destroyed rather
      than right afterwards (issue #51).
    * Fixed objectives continuing to list the destruction of Adavyan’s keep as
      a defeat condition after all payloads have been destroyed (issue #51).
  * E3S3 - Amidst the Ruins of Glamdrol:
    * Added Obsidian Battle Axe item.
    * Added Potion of Bloodlust item.
    * Fixed Nar-hamoth costing upkeep to his side.
    * Reworked Nar-hamoth mini-boss sequence (issue #53).
  * E3S4.1 - Outpost of Hell:
    * Added Ring of Quicksilver item.
    * Fixed a rare case where a unit that is expected to generate death events
      such as the main characters could sit on top of primed charges before
      ending their turn and then get killed without consequences (unless they
      were Elynia or General Bardyl).
  * E3S4.2 - Gateway:
    * Fix Kyara and Horo being killed prematurely and having their stats reset
      at the start of the cutscene as a result (issue #58).
  * E3S5 - Pass of Sorrows:
    * Added Vial of Shardia's Tears item.
    * Added Staff of Akhlys item.
    * Minor balancing changes.
  * E3S6 - Divergence:
    * Use the polluted environment version of the ToD schedule.
  * E3S7A - Dark Fire:
    * Fix dialogue typo in part 2 reported by Inky.
  * E3S7B - Dark Sea:
    * Use the polluted environment version of the ToD schedule.
    * Avoid spawning allies in impassable locations (issue #59).
  * E3S8A - Interim:
    * Made an item easier to find.
    * Fix dialogue typo reported by Inky.
    * Cosmetic changes.
  * E3S8B - Destiny, Part 1:
    * Ensure the player has enough gold to recall units in the boss arena.
    * Minor balancing changes.
  * E3S8C - Breakdown:
    * Fix an error rendering this scenario uncompletable.
    * Minor cutscene tweaks (issue #64, #65).
  * E3S8D - Destiny, Part 2:
    * Fix an issue where Ergea might announce more than once that either the
      Iron Council or the Storm Sisters have yet to be defeated (reported by
      Inky).
    * Gave the swarm team a unique team color instead of a default-constructed
      one that produces inconsistent results on 1.14.
  * E3S9 - Dark Depths:
    * Various balancing changes to boss fights.
  * E3S10 - Blood:
    * Added a couple of optional walls of text for people who somehow believe
      my campaign didn't already have enough walls of text before.
    * Fully reworked boss fight. Hahaha Wesnoth attack prediction code go
      brrrrrrrrr.

* Units:
  * Decreased Elynia's initial maximum XP from 150 to 64.
  * Revised Elynia's AMLA tree and made upgrades persist throughout the entire
    set of campaigns:
    * Strength:
      * Strength I: HP +4, melee dmg +1
      * Strength II: HP +4, melee str +1
      * Strength III: HP +5
      * Strength IV (E2): HP +5, melee dmg +1
      * Strength V (E2): HP +7
    * Focus:
      * Focus I: ensnare str +1
      * Focus II: ensnare dmg +1 str +1
      * Focus III (E2): ensnare dmg +1
      * Focus IV (E2): ensnare dmg +1, stun weapon special
    * Shielding (requires Focus I):
      * Shielding I: arcane res +10%
      * Shielding II: impact res +10%
      * Shielding III (E2): cold res +10%, sylvan essence regen +1
      * Shielding IV (E3): fire res +10%
      * Shielding V (E3): protection ability
    * Thorns:
      * Thorns I: thorns dmg +2
      * Thorns II: thorns dmg +2, drains weapon special
    * Faerie Fire (requires Focus II, Strength II):
      * Faerie Fire I: replaces mystic fire, ranged/arcane 9-3 magical
      * Faerie Fire II (E2): faerie fire dmg +1
      * Faerie Fire III (E2): faerie fire str +1
      * Faerie Fire IV (E3) (req. Focus III, Shielding III, Strength III):
        faerie fire dmg +1
      * Faerie Fire V (E3) (req. Focus IV, Shielding IV, Strength IV):
        faerie fire dmg +1
  * Decreased Galas' initial maximum XP from 150 to 80.
  * Revised Galas' AMLA tree:
    * Stealth: adds ambush ability
    * Hunter:
      * Hunter I: add bolas, ranged/impact 9-2 slows
      * Hunter II: bolas str +1
    * Strength:
      * Strength I: melee dmg +1
      * Strength II: HP +4, melee str +1
      * Strength III: HP +5
    * Strength III-dependent upgrades:
      * Fury (exclusive with Initiative): melee berserker weapon special
      * Initiative (exclusive with Fury): melee first strike weapon special
    * Armor:
      * Armor I: blade res +10%, pierce res +10%
      * Armor II: impact res +10%
      * Armor III: blade res +10%
  * Decreased Anya's initial maximum XP at level 3 from 150 to 73.
  * Revised Anya's AMLA tree:
    * Strength:
      * Strength I: melee dmg +1
      * Strength II: HP +4, melee dmg +1
      * Strength III (E3): HP +4, melee str +1
      * Strength IV (E3): melee drains weapon special
    * Focus:
      * Focus I: noctum dmg +1
      * Focus II: forest chill dmg +1, daze weapon special
      * Focus III (E3): forest chill str +1
      * Focus IV (E3): noctum dmg +1
      * Focus V (E3) (req. Strength IV): noctum dmg +1, str +1
    * Shielding:
      * Shielding I: fire res +10%
      * Shielding II: fire res +10%, cold res +10%
      * Shielding III (E3): arcane res +10%
    * Evasion (E3) (requires Strength II, Focus II): adds abscond ability
  * Increased Elyssa's arcane resistance from -10% to 0%.
  * Increased Shaxthal Custodian Drone's HP from 79 to 88.
  * Increased Shaxthal Custodian Drone's fire ranged attack from 5-14 to 7-14.
  * Increased Shaxthal Custodian Drone's impact ranged attack from 12-4 to 13-4.
  * Increased Shaxthal Warlord Nar-hamoth's HP from 91 to 99 and gave him the
    steadfast ability.
  * Increased Shaxthal Warlord Nar-hamoth's arcane resistance from -10% to 0%.
  * Increased Shaxthal Warlord Nar-hamoth's melee attack from 14-3 to 15-3 and
    gave it the shock special.
  * Increased Shaxthal Warlord Nar-hamoth's ranged attack from 9-3 to 10-3 and
    gave it the drains special.
  * Increased Shaxthal Warlord Elyssa's HP from 94 to 145.
  * Increased Lumeril Guard and Lumeril Glyph Mistress' arcane resistance from
    -10% to 0%.
  * Increased Lumeril Glyph Mistress' HP from 106 to 114.
  * Increased Lumeril Glyph's arcane resistance from -50% to -30%.
  * Increased Lumeril Glyph's HP from 77 to 99 and gave it the regenerates
    ability.
  * Increased Magnum Suit's melee attack from 21-2 to 22-2 and gave it the
    seismic special.
  * Increased Magnum Suit's ranged attack from 19-3 to 11-14 and gave it the
    swarm and marksman weapon specials.
  * Gave leadership to Magnum Suit.
  * Increased Demoness Spelldancer's HP from 42 to 53 and gave her the
    leadership ability.
  * Increased Valdemon Basher's HP from 52 to 57.
  * Increased Serpent Messenger's HP from 63 to 66.
  * Increased Shaxthal Deathbringer Alpha's arcane resistance from -10% to 10%.
  * Gave terror and leadership to Shaxthal Deathbringer Alpha.
  * Increased Shaxthal Deathbringer Alpha's melee attack from 22-2 to 24-2.
  * Increased Shaxthal Deathbringer Alpha's arcane ranged attack from 11-6 to
    13-6.
  * Complete rework of the Angel of Blood and Blood Core units.
  * Added combat stats to the standard Shaxthal Deathbringer.
  * Physical endurance no longer protects against cold and fire damage.
  * Replaced classic Quenoth elves with their 1.14 versions. As a side-effect
    of this, Kyara is now a mounted level 2 Quenoth Archer.
  * Removed unused unit types: Elvish Civilian.
  * New unit type descriptions: Chaos Cataphract, Hound of Chaos, Demonic
    Hound, Hellhound.
  * Enabled Orcish Nightblade advancement from Orcish Slayer.
  * Chaos Cardinal migrated to Naia and expanded with a new baseframe by VYNLT
    and slightly different stats over the mainline Ancient Lich:
  * Fixed Chaos Sharpshooter not having an AMLA.
  * Fixed Magnum Suit's ranged attack dealing impact instead of fire damage,
    increased from 15-3 to 19-3.
  * The Stun effect is now cleared off affected units at the end of the
    controlling side's turn rather than at the start.
  * Chaos Hound line is now considered part of the wolves race and receives
    names and traits accordingly.
  * Terror ability no longer affects same-level units.
  * Demolition ability's AoE no longer crosses through cave walls, chasms, and
    other impassable or unwalkable terrains.
  * Fixed issue where Demolition could turn water into dirt.
The complete changelog for the included version of Naia follows:

Code: Select all

Version 20200621:
-----------------
* General:
  * Updated art licenses for CC BY-NC-ND 4.0, CC BY-SA 4.0 and CC0 content.

* Terrains:
  * Fixed Wall Moss terrain not having working graphics when playing IftU
    instead of AtS.

Version 20200620:
-----------------
* Lua and WML library:
  * Added [fade_to_black] and [fade_in] to the list of skippable actions to
    solve issues with terrains remaining in dark screen mode when skipping
    certain cutscenes using them, e.g. AtS E3S1.
  * Patch a border case with FORCE_CHANCE_TO_HIT in Wesnoth 1.14 affecting
    scenarios such as AtS E3S3.
  * Added a mechanism to inject global events without relying on [campaign].
  * Major characters with AMLA upgrades available now have their XP bar
    displayed in blue.
  * Added [item_prompt] and adapted IftU's PICK_UP macro to make use of it.
  * Added UNIT_SPEAKS_FOR_UNDEAD_MINION* from IftU.
  * Fixed [invert_direction] yielding north for north.
  * Added [no_op].
  * Added [variable_in] and [position_equals] WML conditional tags.
  * Added VARIABLE_IF_ELSE, VARIABLE_POS_EQUALS, VARIABLE_LEXICAL_IN utility
    macros.

* Units:
  * Chaos Cardinal migrated from IftU and expanded with a new baseframe by
    VYNLT and slightly different stats over the mainline Ancient Lich:
    * 80 HP -> 89 HP
    * Melee 8-4 -> 9-3, plague(Ghoul) weapon special added
  * Door unit event handlers now have unique ids.
  * Chaos Hound unit line now belongs to the wolf race, giving them traits and
    names accordingly.
  * Removed overlong death animation for the Aragwaith Lancer that only uses
    the baseframe as a placeholder.
  * Terror ability no longer affects same-level units.

* Terrains:
  * Migrated Flat and Rough Overlay terrains from AtS.
Have fun! 💜