Assert fail

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Assert fail

Post by Pentarctagon »

Huh, I'm not sure what's going on. I can attach a file that's 135 KB, but not one that's 141 KB, which is not particularly close to what the phpBB forum settings have the limit as.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

Pentarctagon wrote: April 15th, 2020, 1:54 am Huh, I'm not sure what's going on. I can attach a file that's 135 KB, but not one that's 141 KB, which is not particularly close to what the phpBB forum settings have the limit as.
phpBB has different size limits for different file types. (These can be set in the admin section under "POSTING" → "Manage attachment extension groups".)
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

TheChosenOne wrote: April 14th, 2020, 11:13 pm Zipping and attempting to attach does not work, it still gives an error due to the file size being too large. Can you try attaching a log to see if it works?
I'm able to add a .zip file that's 2.3 MB, and the size limit on compressed files is also 8 MB (vs 128 KiB for text files), so as long as they have the .zip extension it should work.
TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

Looks like it must be of a .7z format to be accepted. Unfortunately, the 5MB log has been deleted (automatically?). Please find attached a 1.7MB logfile from the same day, hopefully it helps.
Attachments
wesnoth-20200413-075840-16580.7z
(14.43 KiB) Downloaded 313 times
Numbers do not win a battle
---Konrad III
(A loyal member of the pro-loyalists)

Would you like to translate the Battle of Wesnoth into Indonesian? Then come and join us at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/IndonesianTranslation
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

I'm sorry but a logfile from the same day doesn't t help us , we need the logfile fr.tge time when the crash happened. If it's bit there any more, I think it's the best if you just wait u til it happens again and then upload the lastest logfile (and Screenshot)
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
rebhuhn

Post by rebhuhn »

Hi, just an update on the original problem. Sorry for the delay, but I made the mistake of installing Microsoft's gflag utility to help with some other debugging. Killed my machine and I had to reinstall windows. I would advise not using that utility (:

Anyway, have completed the original campaign and started the next, but have not tripped any more asserts, nor has creating the renderer failed. Will keep going and let you know if I trip anything
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Looks like someone else has also encountered the same problem in #4855.
rebhuhn

Post by rebhuhn »

Yes, that's exactly what my screen has looked like several times
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

The problem is kinda that afaik none of the persons in this thread know that part of the code very well.

So i added a new commit to gather more debug imofrmation https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/comm ... 2bec9d944f if nothign else we can wait until 1.14.12 comes out, then wait until someonw had that bug, and that that person then uploads a logfile.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

Hey, I just got another crash like this. Please find a screenshot attached and also the logfile for right after the crash. I was playing SXC Isle of the Dead, and none of the other players seem to be experiencing the same issue.
Attachments
wesnoth-20200426-183813-4692 - Copy.7z
(70.55 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
Wesnoth SXC rendering error.png
---Konrad III

Would you like to translate the Battle of Wesnoth into Indonesian? Then come and join us at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/IndonesianTranslation
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Thx for this logfile, unfortunately it doesn't contain any information related to the crash, so all we can do for not is to add more logging information in wesnoth 1.14.12 and hope that someone can reproduces it there once it comes out which will probably take a few more months.

Other than that from the two reports it looks a bit as this problem might be is specific to the sourceforge version (afaik the sourceforge version and the steam version are build using different compilers). So it'd be nice if someone could check whether it also happens with the steam version.
TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

In case this is helpful, I just got this issue again while playing Into the Underworld with Bob's RPG Era, so the issue is not specific to the SX maps.
Last edited by TheChosenOne on April 27th, 2020, 10:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
---Konrad III

Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Yeah, I wouldn't expect this is be due to a particular add-on, or even WML/lua in general.
TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

This time it happened within a few minutes of rejoining my game. The hexes and minimap are still fine, and suddenly I crashed. Usually before, it takes some time before the minimap goes blank and some more time after that for the hexes to go weird before crashing on me, but this is the first time it crashed without the previous steps, within a few minutes of restarting Wesnoth.

I was playing Return to Trent.
Attachments
2020-04-28 (1).png
wesnoth-20200428-060805-6008.7z
(2.12 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
---Konrad III

gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

TheChosenOne wrote: April 27th, 2020, 10:36 pm This time it happened within a few minutes of rejoining my game. The hexes and minimap are still fine, and suddenly I crashed. Usually before, it takes some time before the minimap goes blank and some more time after that for the hexes to go weird before crashing on me, but this is the first time it crashed without the previous steps, within a few minutes of restarting Wesnoth.

I was playing Return to Trent.

This one is a completely different error, this one is related to multuplay synchronization, please open a new topic for it, and answer the following questions: did you get OOS errors before this happened, did you use the following features: delayed shroud updates, what's mo commands (life : control , :Droid) etc were used, and please attach a safefile