retrieve a previously uploaded version of an addon?

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

LordAwsomeness

retrieve a previously uploaded version of an addon?

Post by LordAwsomeness »

Hi so I am currently in a delima with an addon that ive been working on for two years now. I just uploaded a new version without backing up the working version that was uploaded to the addons server. The version was 0.3.4a of my addon LordAwsomeness_RPG_Era, and I was wondering if the addons server is able to be reverted back to retrieve a previous version or not. My most recent update works just fine as a local game, however whenever I try and create an online game in one of the multiplayer servers, the server kicks me. It doesn't do it with any other addon and im not sure how to go about and fix it. my current hope is to retrieve the working version of the addon and go from there trying to fix it and make it work. Thank you for your time!
Attachments
wesnoth server crash.PNG
- Been playing Wesnoth since 2004 and the 1.0.x versions.
- Creator of Undead Invasion MP Scenario Pack.
- Creator of Valeria MP Adventure
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: retrieve a previously uploaded version of an addon?

Post by Ravana »

It is not possible. Your hope might be to find someone who downloaded that version.

However, you should report the issue.
LordAwsomeness

Post by LordAwsomeness »

Ravana wrote: March 11th, 2020, 8:46 pm It is not possible. Your hope might be to find someone who downloaded that version.

However, you should report the issue.
I actually report the issue yesterday:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=52187

And I removed my addon from the server for the moment. I have 2 people who downloaded the version I need yesterday that I am hoping have not updated to the newest version yet due to the time difference. I am actually quite confident that they will have the right version, the only issue is waiting for them to respond. and by taking my addon off of the server it gives me a pretty good chance of getting one of them to notice and not accidentally update and forever lose the version I need.

Any ideas on what has caused the issue? Ive been having it for a week with the other two scenarios that I previously made, but this is the first time that it has done it to the current scenario...
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA
LordAwsomeness

Post by LordAwsomeness »

I have a very weird update for this.
I used undo for a lot of what I put in my scenario and it finally fixed the issue. however the issue arose after adding a 4th slider [option] on the level. is there a limit to how many the server allows you to use at one time?

EDIT: okay now even after the fix, if I wait 30 seconds I now get this pop up...
wesnoth_semiphore_timeout.PNG
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA